President Obama reduces deficit by $4 trillion

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

It is a projected deficit, and a projected decrease -- they are all projections btw -- and the Congress gets an assist. Since the cons here are saying the Dems control 3/4 of the GOV or some such nonsense, does that mean the GOP would only get less than 1/12 credit for this?

Lost in the talk of Washington’s dysfunction is this fact: on paper at least, President Obama and Congress have reduced projected deficits by nearly $4 trillion over a decade — the widely embraced goal for stabilizing the national debt.

Who will now start claiming credit for this? More cognitive dissonance?

Last edited:
LOL, projected deficits..over a DECADE, 4measly trillion dollars

my gawd the desperation

Last edited:
Remember Komrades, "Projected" is the same as "Actual".

Stupid Americans will only remember the headline but will miss the "Projected" part because they will not read the article. They are too busy memorizing worthless Sports Stats and looking at pictures of Kim Kardashian's ass.

This is intentional.

Yup, I'd be curious how projections on tax revenue and future growth looked in 2007 vs. two years later after the housing market crashed, unemployment shot thru the roof, and the stock market cut in half.

Believe it when I see it.

Yup, I'd be curious how projections on tax revenue and future growth looked in 2007 vs. two years later after the housing market crashed, unemployment shot thru the roof, and the stock market cut in half.

Believe it when I see it.
Best you have is the CBO, which agrees with the $4T number. Simple enough. What people need to remember is that in some ways, the national debt is like a checking account. With some MAJOR differences. Like a checking account, the balance depends not just on spending, but also on revenue. And that can be affected by tax increases. But more importantly, it will be affected by the unemployment rate and income of workers. Because, rather obviously, those workers pay taxes.
Maybe someone can find a time when the national debt was reduced much at all during times of high unemployment.
So, the nd is projected to go down, by the cbo. But it will be dependent on ue. So, take a look at history and try to see what policies brought ue down. By the way, it was NEVER by reducing the deficit. Ever. That is confusing cause and effect.

Agreed, but surely you'd concede a projection is quite different from the thread title stating as fact "President Obama reduces deficit by $4 trillion" since it hasn't happened and we don't know what the future holds.

It is a projected deficit, and a projected decrease -- they are all projections btw -- and the Congress gets an assist. Since the cons here are saying the Dems control 3/4 of the GOV or some such nonsense, does that mean the GOP would only get less than 1/12 credit for this?

Lost in the talk of Washington’s dysfunction is this fact: on paper at least, President Obama and Congress have reduced projected deficits by nearly $4 trillion over a decade — the widely embraced goal for stabilizing the national debt.

The right wing will never accept this no matter how much evidence.

The right wing will not. There is hope some sane conservatives will.

LOL!

Working overtime for the Koch Brothers, Deany?

(They pay Dean to post here to make Libs look like fucking retards)

Agreed, but surely you'd concede a projection is quite different from the thread title stating as fact "President Obama reduces deficit by $4 trillion" since it hasn't happened and we don't know what the future holds.

You think headlines and thread titles are supposed to have little to no freedom to be creative? please do not make me take a closer look at you. :eusa_hand:

Projections change by the quarter and full year. Come a few years from now the conservatives will change their mantra and will be left with nothing but their whine

obama_halo.jpg

Praise be his Holy Name

You think headlines and thread titles are supposed to have little to no freedom to be creative? please do not make me take a closer look at you. :eusa_hand:

Creativity is one thing, stating something as having happened when it clearly has not is another. Why not write "projections show deficit could be reduced"

Creativity is one thing, stating something as having happened when it clearly has not is another. Why not write "projections show deficit could be reduced"

by that standard almost every single thread here should be disappeared:eek:

Forum List

Back