President Tiny Hands LIED about counterprotesters not having permit

Why would a democrat governor authorize a permit for this kind of demonstration when he must have known he couldn't protect his own citizens?

It is NOT the governor's responsibility to issue rally permits.....Geeeeez.

Read your own connection you bloody simpering fool. They had no legal permit for Emancipation Park. They blocked the only two exits for the rally attendees.
Who's the simpering fool and who should have closely read the article, DUMMY!
"Charlottesville spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler told Moyer that only one permit was issued for Emancipation Park — the one received by white nationalists staging the “Unite the Right” rally. However, counterprotesters did not need permits to protest that rally, she said.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Dickler said in an email."

So only the group with a permit for an affair in a park are allowed in your one-ended world?

Old Miriam Dickler doesn't know the law asshole. What a douche bag.

:lol:

Antifa came for violence along with BLM. They should have not been allowed to block the exits from Emancipation Park. But they did. And the State Police were told to stand down and allow the violence. The Mayor and the Governor should be brought up on charges for causing injury during the riots.

"The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order".

Right to Peaceful Assembly: United States | Law Library of Congress

People defending someone that ran a car over a crowd of people on an American street.

Conservatism you have been outed by your own actions.

Their event permit did not allow them to block "fire lanes, vehicular or pedestrian traffic flow."

It seems the Dodge did most of the blocking in this lil shit show.

Nooo...pretty sure it cleared out the street.

Ya good point, bet your proud.

Nah..just flabbergasted that antifa members wonder why they get their shit pushed in after being dicks for so long.

Read your own connection you bloody simpering fool. They had no legal permit for Emancipation Park. They blocked the only two exits for the rally attendees.

Did YOU bother to read the whole link? Counter protesters didn't need a permit to be in the park.

From the link....................

Charlottesville spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler told Moyer that only one permit was issued for Emancipation Park — the one received by white nationalists staging the “Unite the Right” rally. However, counterprotesters did not need permits to protest that rally, she said.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Dickler said in an email.

Per the spokeswoman, people don't need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is taking place there. And, they don't need one for the streets or sidewalks adjacent either.

Yeah, the white supremacists did get their permit to hold a rally. But, the people who showed up to protest their rally didn't need a permit, because it's a public park.

A permit is required for an assembly of protesters. That's why there was a permit at all. People can come and go, but they cannot hold an event (like a protest or counterprotest) without a permit. They are first come first served. For safety reasons, protests and counterprotest are separated.

I understand that psychoboy want to the counterprotest? Can't gain a clear understanding because some sources say the WS were removed (by law enforcement) from their approved location and steered right into the CP's. The alleged murder appears to have been at the entrance/exit of one of the parks assigned to CP's.

Did YOU bother to read the whole link? Counter protesters didn't need a permit to be in the park.

Charlottesville spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler told Moyer that only one permit was issued for Emancipation Park — the one received by white nationalists staging the “Unite the Right” rally. However, counterprotesters did not need permits to protest that rally, she said.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Dickler said in an email.

Per the spokeswoman, people don't need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is taking place there. And, they don't need one for the streets or sidewalks adjacent either.

Yeah, the white supremacists did get their permit to hold a rally. But, the people who showed up to protest their rally didn't need a permit, because it's a public park.

A permit is required for an assembly of protesters. That's why there was a permit at all. People can come and go, but they cannot hold an event (like a protest or counterprotest) without a permit. They are first come first served. For safety reasons, protests and counterprotest are separated.

I understand that psychoboy want to the counterprotest? Can't gain a clear understanding because some sources say the WS were removed (by law enforcement) from their approved location and steered right into the CP's. The alleged murder appears to have been at the entrance/exit of one of the parks assigned to CP's.
For safety reasons, protests and counterprotest are separated.

In whose mind, do you suppose, ~400 feet one one side, and ~1000 feet on the other, "separation" in a town the size of C-ville (the vast majority of which is UVA campus and university-affiliated land), a place where one can holler that far and be heard, between groups numbering in the hundreds constitutes sufficient separation "for safety reasons" between groups like white supremacists and their opponents?

Who's the simpering fool and who should have closely read the article, DUMMY!
"Charlottesville spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler told Moyer that only one permit was issued for Emancipation Park — the one received by white nationalists staging the “Unite the Right” rally. However, counterprotesters did not need permits to protest that rally, she said.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Dickler said in an email."

So only the group with a permit for an affair in a park are allowed in your one-ended world?

Old Miriam Dickler doesn't know the law asshole. What a douche bag.

:lol:

Antifa came for violence along with BLM. They should have not been allowed to block the exits from Emancipation Park. But they did. And the State Police were told to stand down and allow the violence. The Mayor and the Governor should be brought up on charges for causing injury during the riots.

"The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order".

Right to Peaceful Assembly: United States | Law Library of Congress
Do you really believe that bullshit you dredged up fits the circumstances of your post to which I replied you dimwit? What the fuck does that have to do with your previous assertion that they were required to have a permit to to enter Emancipation Park? That was the topic of your making I addressed.

You made the assertion and were proven in error, but you run to your typical fall back position of deflecting to avoid admitting your bluster was nothing but bullshit! You're an empty vessel lacking any semblance of honesty or integrity!

In whose mind, do you suppose, ~400 feet one one side, and ~1000 feet on the other, "separation" in a town the size of C-ville (the vast majority of which is UVA campus and university-affiliated land), a place where one can holler that far and be heard, between groups numbering in the hundreds constitutes sufficient separation "for safety reasons" between groups like white supremacists and their opponents?

It wasn't sufficient at all! As I've said before, the police messed up! They are supposed to be separated for this very reason. If you were in charge of those permits, would you have put them that close with no barricade or wall of mounted cops? I wouldn't have. It doesn't take a psychic to know someone's going to get hurt or killed.

It wasn't sufficient at all! As I've said before, the police messed up! They are supposed to be separated for this very reason. If you were in charge of those permits, would you have put them that close with no barricade or wall of mounted cops? I wouldn't have. It doesn't take a psychic to know someone's going to get hurt or killed.
If you were in charge of those permits, would you have put them that close with no barricade or wall of mounted cops?

Were I in charge of issuing permits in Charlottesville, VA and aware that the permit was being requested for a white supremacist/nationalist gathering, I almost certainly wouldn't have issued white supremacists/nationalists a protesting permit -- on the grounds that hate speech isn't protected by the 1st Amendment and that it's reasonable to expect at least some of their speech would be hateful in nature -- in the town of Charlottesville. I would also have denied the counter-protesters a permit too were it apparent to me that they might attract Antifa and or white supremacist/nationalist contingents. Big cities are welcome, at their discretion, to forebear the sorts of conflagrations that result from clashes of those two groups, C-ville, and its overwhelmingly large student population, just doesn't have the resources to contain that sort of madness.

I'd have told them to submit a petition or send in written letters voicing their objections to removing the statue or reasons why it should be removed.

If you were in charge of those permits, would you have put them that close with no barricade or wall of mounted cops?

Were I in charge of issuing permits in Charlottesville, VA and aware that the permit was being requested for a white supremacist/nationalist gathering, I almost certainly wouldn't have issued white supremacists/nationalists a protesting permit -- on the grounds that hate speech isn't protected by the 1st Amendment and that it's reasonable to expect at least some of their speech would be hateful in nature -- in the town of Charlottesville. I would also have denied the counter-protesters a permit too were it apparent to me that they might attract Antifa and or white supremacist/nationalist contingents. Big cities are welcome, at their discretion, to forebear the sorts of conflagrations that result from clashes of those two groups, C-ville, and its overwhelmingly large student population, just doesn't have the resources to contain that sort of madness.

I'd have told them to submit a petition or send in written letters voicing their objections to removing the statue or reasons why it should be removed.
Did they overrule Brandenburg v. Ohio?

Shouldn't the so-called constitutional conservatives be telling us that nowhere in the Constitution does it say you need a permit to exercise your right of assembly?

Forum List

Back