President Trump Quietly Rolling Back Obama-Era Gun Controls (WINNING!)

HOLY shit . You guys are clueless .

By its nature, mental illness is hard to prove . So if SS agrees you are nuts . Then you are fucking nuts !

Apparently , you guys are cool wh paranoid schizophrenics having access to guns .

Our second amendment right must be protected not hacked away at like Obama did.good thing we got Gorsuch!!

HOLY shit . You guys are clueless .

By its nature, mental illness is hard to prove . So if SS agrees you are nuts . Then you are fucking nuts !

Apparently , you guys are cool wh paranoid schizophrenics having access to guns .
Not cool with that at all.

as long as they are diagnosed by a doctor, and not some pencil pusher in a cubicle.

SS takes the advice of the doctors treating the applicants. By the way, SS doesn't go looking for people .

Crazy Billybob files a claim wh Ss saying "hey , I'm so fucked up in head , here's my records . Give me money because I'm so psycho I can't work and support myself ."

That's the guy YOU want to give a gun!
Does "Crazy Bob" surrender his 1st Amendment rights because of his Social Security disability? No? So then why do you insist he surrender his 2nd Amendment rights?

Well, sometimes! We actually commit crazy people when they get all crazy .

SS takes the advice of the doctors treating the applicants. By the way, SS doesn't go looking for people .

Crazy Billybob files a claim wh Ss saying "hey , I'm so fucked up in head , here's my records . Give me money because I'm so psycho I can't work and support myself ."

Does "Crazy Bob" surrender his 1st Amendment rights because of his Social Security disability? No? So then why do you insist he surrender his 2nd Amendment rights?

And at that point they will most assuredly be stripped of a firearm - so what is the problem? :dunno:

And at that point they will most assuredly be stripped of a firearm - so what is the problem? :dunno:

The problem ? He's just killed 8 people .

Shit, if you get on SS for mental disability, then you've been hospitalized at some point prior .

Correction...he just killed 8 unarmed left-wing idealists who were too immature to accept reality and accept personal responsibility for their own safety.

Shit, if you get on SS for mental disability, then you've been hospitalized at some point prior .
So now you just acknowledged that the problem is not with the firearm but rather with the government allowing mentally ill individuals out of treatment centers.

He did?

Fact, or a figment of your imagination?

Those arent' the only ones that were losing their rights.

All that was necessary was for them to be incapable of handling their own finances.

YEah, let's give certifiable mentally ill people, so mental they are considered disabled, let's give them guns! Smooth move Trump ! Go suck more NRA dick .
Who certified them?
Nobody did. In fact, they aren't. And that wasn't what Obama's law did. It's just more leftist lies designed to fool people into thinking there was some grounds for stripping away law-abiding Americans' rights. Again.

Obama's law said that anyone whose Social Security paperwork was done for them by someone else (an accountant or etc.) would lose his gun rights. The fact that most people who have their govt paperwork done by others, are just fine, was something the people strippng away their rights never mentioned.

It was one of the more blatant violations of the 2nd amendment, done by people for whom that was the goal.

Kudoes to Trump for repealing it.

YEah, let's give certifiable mentally ill people, so mental they are considered disabled, let's give them guns!

Smooth move Trump ! Go suck more NRA dick .
Quit falling Down the well
More frivolous gun control laws and the like produce more violent crime… fact

YEah, let's give certifiable mentally ill people, so mental they are considered disabled, let's give them guns!

let's give certifiable mentally ill
Who certified them?

Social security. They now get a check because they are so fucking crazy that they are unemployable. That's who you want to have guns .

and what qualifies Social Security to make Mental Health decisions?

Years of experience in medical studies?

Person can't fill out his own taxes, can't handle his own finances, so he's not allowed to defend himself?

The federal government has no credibility… Fact
...by the way quit falling down well

From another thread:

It used to be that a citizen could petition a court to have someone committed to a mental institution, and the court could grant such committment if enough valid evidence was presented.

This changed in the 1960s and 70s.

In 1967 two Democrats and a Republican in California's state legislature came up with the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act, designed to end INVOLUNTARY commitments of mentallly ill, alcoholic, etc. people into large mental institutions. The LPS Act was hailed by liberals all over the country as putting an end to eeevil government practices of dictating to helpless victims where they would go and what treatments they would get whether they liked it or not. It was overwhelmingly passed by California's Assembly and Senate, and finally signed by Governor Ronald Reagan in 1967. Similar laws were quickly passed all over the country, advocated mostly by liberal groups and do-gooders.

The liberal ACLU kept pushing this agenda to get these patients out of mental institutions, and finally resulted in 1975 (coincidentally Reagans' last year as Governor) in the U.S. Supreme Court handing down a decision in O'Connor vs. Donaldson (422 US 563). This Court decision announced a new Constitutional right: The mentally ill could not be forced to stay in such institutions if they were not an actual threat to others. This opened the floodgates and let huge numbers of patients, in various degrees of helplessness, out of the institutions.

When it was discovered that these laws and court decisions had the effect of putting many people who could not, in fact, take care of themselves out on the street, the liberals did a fast 180, hastily forgot about their long, enthusiastic nationwide advocacy and support of the agenda, and invented a completely new accusation: That it was Ronald Reagan alone who had "kicked all those poor people out of their nice, safe hospitals and made them homeless".

From Wikipedia:

The Lanterman–Petris–Short (LPS) Act (Cal. Welf & Inst. Code, sec. 5000 et seq.) concerns the involuntary civil commitment to a mental health institution in the State of California. The act set the precedent for modern mental health commitment procedures in the United States. It was co-authored by California State Assemblyman Frank Lanterman (R) and California State Senators Nicholas C. Petris (D) and Alan Short (D), and signed into law in 1967 by Governor Ronald Reagan. The Act went into full effect on July 1, 1972. It cited seven articles of intent:

•To end the inappropriate, indefinite, and involuntary commitment of mentally disordered persons, people with developmental disabilities, and persons impaired by chronic alcoholism, and to eliminate legal disabilities;

•To provide prompt evaluation and treatment of persons with serious mental disorders or impaired by chronic alcoholism;

•To guarantee and protect public safety;

•To safeguard individual rights through judicial review;

•To provide individualized treatment, supervision, and placement services by a conservatorship program for gravely disabled persons;

•To encourage the full use of all existing agencies, professional personnel and public funds to accomplish these objectives and to prevent duplication of services and unnecessary expenditures;

•To protect mentally disordered persons and developmentally disabled persons from criminal acts.

The Act in effect ended all hospital commitments by the judiciary system, except in the case of criminal sentencing, e.g., convicted sexual offenders, and those who were "gravely disabled", defined as unable to obtain food, clothing, or housing [Conservatorship of Susan T., 8 Cal. 4th 1005 (1994)]. It did not, however, impede the right of voluntary commitments. It expanded the evaluative power of psychiatrists and created provisions and criteria for holds.

let's give certifiable mentally ill
Who certified them?

Social security. They now get a check because they are so fucking crazy that they are unemployable. That's who you want to have guns .

and what qualifies Social Security to make Mental Health decisions?

Years of experience in medical studies?

Person can't fill out his own taxes, can't handle his own finances, so he's not allowed to defend himself?

You could attribute it to your favorite thing...science and infrastructure.

Forum List

Back