Seems the New York Times has Reagan as nine and Eisenhower as seven

Are they biased there too?

Yeah Reagan is top five at least

Reagan isn't even Top 10.
SmellyIrishAss thinks Reagan belongs on Mt Rushmore
/—-/ So do I.
ACCAEE22-D5D6-4C04-AB61-7B7431D652AB.png

Looks like Trump has nowhere to go but up

Opinion | How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?

Since our previous survey in 2014, some presidential legacies have soared (Barack Obama’s stock has climbed into the Top 10), while others have fallen (Andrew Jackson toppled to 15, out of the Top 10).

And President Trump? Let’s say that, according to the 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section who filled out our survey, he has at least three years to improve on an ignominious debut.

Eisenhower belongs as #50. Without a doubt the worst President we've every had.
Great General, great President

Great General, shitty President.

Eisenhower destroyed Democracy in the 'Third World'. He got us involved in a quagmire in Vietnam where he supported Diem.

He supported the overthrow of the President of Iran and we're still in a confrontation with Iran because of it.

He screwed the pooch in Guatamala and Cuba.

He supported the overthrow of the democratically elected President of Guatamala so that Dulles's United fruit Company could continue to exploit Guatamalian workers...we are currently receiving massive immigration from Guatamala because of it. Not to mention turning a saintly Doctor into a fanatic communist guerrilla.

He approved and gave the plan for the Bay of Pigs invasion to Kennedy...knowing that it was a terrible plan.

Finally, he & Dulles engineered the assassination of Pres. John Kennedy.

He was the WORST President by far!
Ike was a Cold War President
He acted in accordance with Cold War doctrine of the time

Any other president of the era would have acted the same

Eisenhower created the 'Cold War' doctrine. He could have supported democracy in the 'Third World', instead he supported right wing dictatorships.
/——/ Ike should have listened to Patton and let him attack the USSR. The Cold War would never have happened.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ It''s the Slimes, dumb ass

Seems the New York Times has Reagan as nine and Eisenhower as seven

Are they biased there too?

Yeah Reagan is top five at least

Reagan isn't even Top 10.
SmellyIrishAss thinks Reagan belongs on Mt Rushmore
/—-/ So do I.
View attachment 266522
Yup, Reagan should be on Rushmore.

Since our previous survey in 2014, some presidential legacies have soared (Barack Obama’s stock has climbed into the Top 10), while others have fallen (Andrew Jackson toppled to 15, out of the Top 10).

And President Trump? Let’s say that, according to the 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section who filled out our survey, he has at least three years to improve on an ignominious debut.
For example, a Gallup poll conducted in early February 2011found that 5% of Americans viewed Obama as the nation’s greatest president. A year later, another Gallup poll revealed 10% of Americans viewed Obama as an outstanding president, but more than 60% believed he would go down in history as average, below average, or poor. By 2013, the number viewing Obama as outstanding had dropped to 6%, while those selecting average or worse had increased to 71%.

The public follows the propaganda of the time

Historians look at specific accomplishments, what were you given what was your legacy
Yeah, well you think Obama was a great president. LOL
No I don’t

I have him around nine, Reagan around eleven
Trump around 39, Bush 41 around 42

Eisenhower destroyed Democracy in the 'Third World'. He got us involved in a quagmire in Vietnam where he supported Diem.

He supported the overthrow of the President of Iran and we're still in a confrontation with Iran because of it.

He supported the overthrow of the democratically elected President of Guatamala so that Dulles's United fruit Company could continue to exploit Guatamalian workers...we are currently receiving massive immigration from Guatamala because of it. Not to mention turning a saintly Doctor into a fanatic communist guerrilla.

He approved and gave the plan for the Bay of Pigs invasion to Kennedy...knowing that it was a terrible plan.

Eisenhower created the 'Cold War' doctrine. He could have supported democracy in the 'Third World', instead he supported right wing dictatorships.
/——/ Ike should have listened to Patton and let him attack the USSR. The Cold War would never have happened.
Would have cost us around 100,000 lives to attack Russia
The Cold War ended on its own

In terms of Cold War hysteria
Ike was one of the moderates

The NYT? Go away.
What is wrong with the survey of 170 historians?
how many of them are part of the "i hate trump" mania?.....just asking...

The NYT? Go away.
If they are so biased, how did Reagan and Eisenhower rank top ten?

Any objective analysis of Trump would probably result in a negative judgement of his competency

Sometimes it is just process versus results-Carter and Obama and Clinton were good at speaking to and for the process. Truman and Trump were good at getting things done. Reagan was good at both-probably his style.

For example, a Gallup poll conducted in early February 2011found that 5% of Americans viewed Obama as the nation’s greatest president. A year later, another Gallup poll revealed 10% of Americans viewed Obama as an outstanding president, but more than 60% believed he would go down in history as average, below average, or poor. By 2013, the number viewing Obama as outstanding had dropped to 6%, while those selecting average or worse had increased to 71%.

Historians look at specific accomplishments, what were you given what was your legacy
No I don’t

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic when you referred to him as "The Great Obama". Now I get it!

In terms of Cold War hysteria
Ike was one of the moderates

That still doesn't explain why he choose to promote dictatorship instead of democracy. If he had promoted democracy the cold war would not have lasted as long.

I'm of the belief that Ike and the entire American conservative movement became the stoogies of European conservatism.

ME --- heck , i don't care where TRUMP is in the ratings . Trump is the best since i started thinking about Presidents RWinger .

In that case, you have limited exposure to Presidents
----------------------------------- i think that i kinda said that , as long as i have been paying attention to Presidents that had the ability to affect ME . Reagan and 'old man 'ghwb' were one of the worst due to their Amnesty which is causing all sorts of problems today . Ike was pretty good because of his Operation WETBACK . 'gwb' was scum due to his immigration love and 'assault weapons' ban RWinger . --------------- Maybe i just don't pay attention until things affect me in a Personal way RWinger .

The NYT? Go away.

Any objective analysis of Trump would probably result in a negative judgement of his competency
what do they have to do with people of today who hate trump?......

No I don’t

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic when you referred to him as "The Great Obama". Now I get it!
There is no question he is ......The Great Obama

The NYT? Go away.

Presidential rankings are based on objective criteria

People have hated Trump his whole life. There is nothing new there

The NYT? Go away.

Presidential rankings are based on objective criteria

People have hated Trump his whole life. There is nothing new there
give me a break rw....there are people who hate trump and dont give a dam if he actually does any thing good,they just hate the guy,and would never acknowledge anything positive about the guy.....we have a whole bunch of them right here on this board.....

Obammy should be last because of his assaults on our constitution and and epic corruption.
Left Wing Polls are worthless.

Still up is an uphill climb and he appears to be out of shape from general physical observations about his physical appearance. But hey people will try to carry him up that hill

Forum List

Back