Priest says decades of molesting kids a sin, not a crime

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Priest Thomas Adamson admits abusing dozens of boys over decades | Mail Online

Former priest Thomas Adamson has admitted to abusing several young boys since 1961
He says he confessed to the abuse but no action was taken
Allegations involving dozens of boys came in the following decades
Adamson remained in the Catholic Church until 2009
He faces no jail time because the crimes are well past the state's Statute of Limitations for child sex allegations

The former high school basketball coach is accused of abusing 37 boys, but previously admitted to only 10 instances. The pedophile was removed from the priesthood in 2009 – 45 years after his first admission of guilt.

He conceded when asked in his most recent court appearance about how many boys he abused that he wasn’t sure.

‘I don’t know. I’d have to study that out.’ He said according to an affidavit cited by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

He has also conceded to not even remembering the names of some of his victims.

The church hid his crimes and allowed hi to go molesting children. While he gets off, his victims got a life sentence.

He can't even remember their names but you can bet his victims remember his.

I hope his neighbors know the truth about him and keep their children safe.

Former priest Thomas Adamson has admitted to abusing several young boys since 1961
He faces no jail time because the crimes are well past the state's Statute of Limitations for child sex allegations

The former high school basketball coach is accused of abusing 37 boys, but previously admitted to only 10 instances. The pedophile was removed from the priesthood in 2009 – 45 years after his first admission of guilt.

He conceded when asked in his most recent court appearance about how many boys he abused that he wasn’t sure.

‘I don’t know. I’d have to study that out.’ He said according to an affidavit cited by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

The church hid his crimes and allowed hi to go molesting children. While he gets off, his victims got a life sentence.

... Until one of them is traumatized for life by something involving a gun, at least. 'Cause that's when you'll be on here, starting umpteen hundred threads about it to call attention to yourself, like you're some kind of contemporary Muckraker.

... Until one of them is traumatized for life by something involving a gun, at least. 'Cause that's when you'll be on here, starting umpteen hundred threads about it to call attention to yourself, like you're some kind of contemporary Muckraker.

IOW, you're catholic.

Sounds like he'd rather go to hell than to jail. What a nutjob.

What a piece of dog crap he is. His victims should be allowed to sue the church for refusing to take action.

Priest says decades of molesting kids a sin, not a crime.

Hey this could catch on.....

“Well, your honor, when I robbed the bank I was thinking more in terms of an overdrawn account than an actual crime.”

Who cares what some faggot child molester says. He and all of his ilk should be put to death.

He's a former priest. Why did you leave that out?

And other than his word, what evidence do we have that he confessed it to anyone? You think he is telling the truth? Maybe. But he could just as easily be using his superiors as a scapegoat. "They didn't stop me so it's their fault"

He has alot to account for when he stands before God on the day of judgment. Thankfully the Lord can heal all the wounds of sin for his victims.

And other than his word, what evidence do we have that he confessed it to anyone? You think he is telling the truth? Maybe. But he could just as easily be using his superiors as a scapegoat. "They didn't stop me so it's their fault"

He has alot to account for when he stands before God on the day of judgment. Thankfully the Lord can heal all the wounds of sin for his victims.

Oh, no. Oh, you poor misguided human being. There is no lord to "heal all the wounds of sin for his victims." That kind of attitude just helps to support what the child molester thinks, that whatever he does, God will forgive him, and the children he molests can find healing through God. This was a 'man of God,' who did this to them: doesn't that tell you what hypocrites religious people are? The 'Church' over looked what he and hundreds, if not thousands, of other priests did to children. That is the face of religion: use and abuse those who are most vulnerable. To dismiss what those children went through and to assume they will be 'healed' because of God is a particular kind of arrogance that is offensive a low. You don't know what they went through, how the suffered and still do, or if they will ever heal. The only thing your so called God might have done is to allow this to happen in the first place.

Last edited:

Oh, no. Oh, you poor misguided human being. There is no lord to "heal all the wounds of sin for his victims." That kind of attitude just help support what the child molester thinks, that whatever he does, God will forgive and the children he molests can find healing through God. This was a 'man of God,' who did this to them: doesn't that tell you what hypocrites religious people are? The 'Church' over looked what he and hundres, if not thousands, of other priests did to children. That is the face of religion: use and abuse those who are most vulnerable. To dismiss what those children went through and to assume they will be 'healed' because of God is low, very low. You don't know what they went through, how the suffered and still do, or if they will ever heal.

he is about as much a man of god as you are a kind human being. The fact that there is healing doesn't dismiss anything. And it sickens me that you guys care more about attacking God and religion than you do about what actually happened to these people or for their healing.

Oh, no. Oh, you poor misguided human being. There is no lord to "heal all the wounds of sin for his victims." That kind of attitude just help support what the child molester thinks, that whatever he does, God will forgive and the children he molests can find healing through God. This was a 'man of God,' who did this to them: doesn't that tell you what hypocrites religious people are? The 'Church' over looked what he and hundres, if not thousands, of other priests did to children. That is the face of religion: use and abuse those who are most vulnerable. To dismiss what those children went through and to assume they will be 'healed' because of God is low, very low. You don't know what they went through, how the suffered and still do, or if they will ever heal.

he is about as much a man of god as you are a kind human being. The fact that there is healing doesn't dismiss anything. And it sickens me that you guys care more about attacking God and religion than you do about what actually happened to these people or for their healing.

First, there is no God. And second, making a personal remark about me is deflecting from the point. You don't know anything about me. I certainly have never molested anyone, which makes me a much higher form of human being than a disgusting 'man of God' who abuses children. Don't bring me into this discussion. Though your religious arrogance and self righteousness makes you think you and your ilk are superior, you aren't. Believing in God is your thing, but there is no proof such a being exists, and believing in him doesn't make you or anyone superior.

If there is a God, a man who abuses children is not a 'man of God,' unless your God promotes the sexual abuse of children. You seem to suggest I am not a kind human being. How would you know? You think people who aren't religious are not kind? Shame on you for making such a suggestion. You are obviously one of those hypocritical Christians. I don't care more about attacking religion than about the children. That is another self righteous deflection on your part. Shame on you, shame on you. Just because someone doesn't believe in God, you like to assume they are inferior and bad people. In reality, the truth is generally just the opposite. And the truth is, you care more about believing in God than you do about what happened to those children. Shame on you.

Last edited:

The question that comes to my mind is why the fuck there is a statute of limitations on child molestation? That is asinine. There is not one on murder because the crime is heinous.

Well, so the fuck is molestation.

Priest says decades of molesting kids a sin, not a crime.

Hey this could catch on.....

“Well, your honor, when I robbed the bank I was thinking more in terms of an overdrawn account than an actual crime.”

You know about victims don't you.

Silent Scream

Yes I do. I have studied victims of sexual abuse for about 50 years. I started when I discovered that a girl I was thinking of marrying had been sexually abused (raped and sodomized) by her own father beginning when she was nine years old. Also, I have a JD (Juris Doctorate) and have been personally involved in issues of sexual abuse. I read your link and I am familiar with organizations such as “Silent Scream.” I may have previously read about this organization although the name was not immediately familiar. I will check them out on the Net.

I hope my attempt at humor did not lead you to believe I was not concerned about victims. I merely attempted to show how foolish it was for the priest to claim that molesting young boys was not a crime but only a sin.

He should be beaten IMO and locked up.

This is no different than the famous on the left making movies for NAMBLA or screwing underage children. This priest was having sex with many "boys' in high school.

Some on the left seemingly only damn the priests in many a case. Others like Milk, Polanski and Ginsberg, are lauded as heroes.

There should be no difference, they should all be damned one in the same.

CaféAuLait;9256571 said:

He should be beaten IMO and locked up.

This is no different than the famous on the left making movies for NAMBLA or screwing underage children. This priest was having sex with many "boys' in high school.

Some on the left seemingly only damn the priests in many a case. Others like Milk, Polanski and Ginsberg, are lauded as heroes.

There should be no difference, they should all be damned one in the same.

I understand Polanski. What similarity does Ginsburg and Milk have with him though?

Those are pretty steep charges.

Forum List

Back