Prince Dead at 57

I was just reading a story that really surprised me.
Apparently Prince and Kim Bassinger in the late '80's were an item.
They even made a record together (Hollywood Affair),

On another one, a song known as "Scandalous" from "Scandalous Sex Suite" has for real sounds of Kim moaning. Prince had recorded them fucking together.

Guess it was '89. Man I wish I had known about that back then ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Not so sure it was from any 'bad' lifestyle, but we'll see when the reports come in....

Close followers of Prince find it hard to believe that anything sinister could have played into his death. He was a Jehovah’s Witness and obsessively healthy eater. You couldn’t drink, smoke or even curse at his Paisley parties.

Clues to the Mystery of Prince’s Final Days

Clues to the Mystery of Prince’s Final Days 1 / 27

The New York Times

By JOHN ELIGON and SERGE F. KOVALESKI3 hrs ago

BB7Upr2.img
© Alex Brandon/AP Photo MINNEAPOLIS — The 1988 Dassault Falcon 900 was about an hour into its flight from Atlanta in the wee hours of Friday, April 15, when the pilot made a distress call to air traffic controllers in Chicago.

There was a medical emergency on board. A male passenger was unresponsive.

And so the Chicago airport officials diverted the flight for an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., just 48 minutes from its intended destination of Minneapolis.

As it turned out, the flight was carrying the musical genius Prince, who, a week later, would be found dead, collapsed in an elevator on the first floor of his suburban Minneapolis compound.

“We had an emergency unscheduled landing at 1:35 a.m. on April 15 for a medical emergency for an unresponsive person,” said Jo Johnson, the human resource manager for Quad Cities International Airport in Moline.

It remains unclear what caused Prince, 57, to become unresponsive on the flight last week. His publicist has attributed the crisis to the fact that the entertainer was “fighting the flu.”

But officials investigating Prince’s sudden death said Friday that the plane’s emergency landing, and what caused it, would be part of their sweeping inquiry.

Prince spent only a few hours at a Moline hospital before his private jet flew home here, and the entertainer resumed life at his compound in nearby Carver County. Just days before his death, he attended a show at a local jazz club, and playfully showed off his new piano and guitar at a party at his studio.

As law enforcement officials await the complete results of an autopsy performed Friday, they said they would be reviewing local pharmaceutical records as part of a broad effort to understand Prince’s full medical history. They declined to comment on reports that Prince had been taking pain medication, saying the investigation was continuing.

“This is a tragedy for all of us,” said Jim Olson, the sheriff of Carver County, where Prince’s estate, Paisley Park, was located in the town of Chanhassen. “To you, Prince Rogers Nelson was a celebrity. To us, he was a community member and a good neighbor.”

Prince was last seen alive at about 8 p.m. on Wednesday evening when someone dropped him off at his estate, where he lived alone, Sheriff Olson said during the afternoon news conference.

Unable to make contact with Prince on Thursday morning, Paisley Park staff members went looking for him in the sprawling compound. They found him unresponsive in an elevator and called 911 at 9:43 a.m., Sheriff Olson said.

“The person is dead here,” a male caller told the dispatcher, according to a transcript of the 911 call. Later, the caller added, “And the people are just distraught.”

Medics responding to the home could not resuscitate Prince, who was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m. Thursday, Sheriff Olson said. He was not sure, he said, how long Prince, dressed in a shirt and pants, had been collapsed in the elevator.

There were no obvious signs of injuries, and Sheriff Olson said the death was not believed to be a murder or a suicide. Officials said the body had been released to Prince’s family but that it may be weeks before any details from the autopsy are released. Before that, further tests need to be completed and the medical history must be compiled.

There remain many questions around Prince’s health. Sheila E, a friend who collaborated with Prince, said during an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America” that the star did have hip problems from his performances onstage. He has said in interviews that he struggled with epilepsy as a child.

The mystery of the end of Prince’s life has left is vast legion of supporters measuring their shock.

As they wait for answers, fans around the world grieved and celebrated his life with the frenetic energy with which Prince lived it — with dance parties and widespread tributes, from social media posts to impromptu Broadway performances.

Here in his hometown, the famed First Avenue dance club held a free overnight dance party from Thursday into Friday, with more scheduled through the weekend. Makeshift memorials popped up outside of the club and in front of Paisley Park.

BBs8sZr.img
© Renee Jones Schneider/Star Tribune, via Associated Press A fence outside Prince’s home in a Minneapolis suburb has become the canvas for a purple-tinged memorial.
Billboards encouraged residents to wear purple, a major bridge was lit in the color and a purple orchid with a note that read “Rest In Peace Prince” lay on the four-seat table of the intimate Dakota Jazz Club where Prince sat when he attended a show there on Tuesday.

“It’s a very somber moment here, but his legacy will live on,” Kinneva Brown said as she visited Paisley Park on Friday.

Those who knew him and saw him in his final days said the master showman betrayed no sign that he was near death.

With his Afro picked out, Prince hopped on stage before about 300 revelers last Saturday — the night after his emergency landing in Moline — at one of the pop-up parties he was famous for throwing at Paisley Park. He banged out a quick performance of “Chopsticks” on his new purple piano, Scott Lawrence, who was in attendance with his son, said.

He then broke out a new purple-and-gold Gus Guitar, placing it on the piano and then moving away.

“It’s too cool to open up,” Prince joked, according to Mr. Lawrence.

But the cross-genre star also offered a few accidentally prescient words, Mr. Lawrence recalled.

“Wait a few days before you waste your prayers,” he told the crowd, referring to reports of his medical emergency from the previous day.

Close followers of Prince find it hard to believe that anything sinister could have played into his death. He was a Jehovah’s Witness and obsessively healthy eater. You couldn’t drink, smoke or even curse at his Paisley parties.

“Better eat your cheeseburger before you get to Paisley,” Van Jones, a political commentator and activist who was a friend of Prince’s, said he used to think before visiting Prince.

Last Saturday, Prince stopped by Electric Fetus, a Minneapolis record store, and bought about half a dozen CDs, said Bob Fuchs, the retail manager. Prince had been coming to the store for 30 years, Mr. Fuchs said, and nothing on this visit seemed out of the ordinary.

“Thanks for your support,” Mr. Fuchs recalled telling Prince, referring to something the musician had been helping the store with. “He smiled and said ‘Hello’ and ‘You’re welcome.’”

“He looked very alert and well dressed,” Mr. Fuchs added. “He seemed the same old. I did not think anything about the way he looked. Nothing suggested to me anything different.”

Prince was whacked because he was no longer bringing in big bucks and he was outspoken. His body is barely cold and AMC just announced that it is going to re-release "Purple Rain" on the big screen to cash in...people will be buying up his music after he had been off the radar for awhile...reminds me of the death of Robin Williams and Michael Jackson when their star had dimmed....people wax nostalgic and run to the stores to buy up their works which brings in big bucks....yep, something stinks here in Denmark, friends and neighbors.
Who gets Prince's fortune? Who owns all his songs?

I am not sure who gets his fortune but his death is going to spur massive CD sales and as I just said, they are ready to re-release Purple Rain....that is just too creepy to me. Randy Quaid even gave a press conference claiming that there were star whackers.

I am not sure who gets his fortune but his death is going to spur massive CD sales and as I just said, they are ready to re-release Purple Rain....that is just too creepy to me. Randy Quaid even gave a press conference claiming that there were star whackers.

It happens. I wonder how much money was made off Elvis after he died? Hell, Kurt Cobain was more famous after he died than before! I think this happens with everyone who is famous.

He has no history of drug abuse, and that is just a rumor. There is no evidence at all that any of these rumors are truths.
Prince’s former drug dealer reveals extent of his addiction
Prince’s Alleged Drug Dealer Claims Late Star Had Secret Drug Addiction — Report
Prince May Have Had Decades-Long Addiction to Pain Killers (Report)

Its really sick how all the people come out of the woodwork and from under the rocks to get attention in the media after someone's death. And then there are those who do it while alive.

[QUOTE="Tipsycatlover, post: 14093534, member: 328] Why would someone have a near death experience six days ago and take more drugs?[/QUOTE]
Probably hip pain. He was seen at a pharmacy hours before his death.

I was just reading a story that really surprised me.
Apparently Prince and Kim Bassinger in the late '80's were an item.
They even made a record together (Hollywood Affair),

On another one, a song known as "Scandalous" from "Scandalous Sex Suite" has for real sounds of Kim moaning. Prince had recorded them fucking together.

Guess it was '89. Man I wish I had known about that back then ! :biggrin:
89 was when he did the Tim Burton Batman movie soundtrack, a movie Basinger starred in.

Not so sure it was from any 'bad' lifestyle, but we'll see when the reports come in....

The New York Times

BB7Upr2.img
© Alex Brandon/AP Photo MINNEAPOLIS — The 1988 Dassault Falcon 900 was about an hour into its flight from Atlanta in the wee hours of Friday, April 15, when the pilot made a distress call to air traffic controllers in Chicago.

And so the Chicago airport officials diverted the flight for an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., just 48 minutes from its intended destination of Minneapolis.

As it turned out, the flight was carrying the musical genius Prince, who, a week later, would be found dead, collapsed in an elevator on the first floor of his suburban Minneapolis compound.

“We had an emergency unscheduled landing at 1:35 a.m. on April 15 for a medical emergency for an unresponsive person,” said Jo Johnson, the human resource manager for Quad Cities International Airport in Moline.

It remains unclear what caused Prince, 57, to become unresponsive on the flight last week. His publicist has attributed the crisis to the fact that the entertainer was “fighting the flu.”

But officials investigating Prince’s sudden death said Friday that the plane’s emergency landing, and what caused it, would be part of their sweeping inquiry.

Prince spent only a few hours at a Moline hospital before his private jet flew home here, and the entertainer resumed life at his compound in nearby Carver County. Just days before his death, he attended a show at a local jazz club, and playfully showed off his new piano and guitar at a party at his studio.

As law enforcement officials await the complete results of an autopsy performed Friday, they said they would be reviewing local pharmaceutical records as part of a broad effort to understand Prince’s full medical history. They declined to comment on reports that Prince had been taking pain medication, saying the investigation was continuing.

“This is a tragedy for all of us,” said Jim Olson, the sheriff of Carver County, where Prince’s estate, Paisley Park, was located in the town of Chanhassen. “To you, Prince Rogers Nelson was a celebrity. To us, he was a community member and a good neighbor.”

Prince was last seen alive at about 8 p.m. on Wednesday evening when someone dropped him off at his estate, where he lived alone, Sheriff Olson said during the afternoon news conference.

Unable to make contact with Prince on Thursday morning, Paisley Park staff members went looking for him in the sprawling compound. They found him unresponsive in an elevator and called 911 at 9:43 a.m., Sheriff Olson said.

“The person is dead here,” a male caller told the dispatcher, according to a transcript of the 911 call. Later, the caller added, “And the people are just distraught.”

Medics responding to the home could not resuscitate Prince, who was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m. Thursday, Sheriff Olson said. He was not sure, he said, how long Prince, dressed in a shirt and pants, had been collapsed in the elevator.

There were no obvious signs of injuries, and Sheriff Olson said the death was not believed to be a murder or a suicide. Officials said the body had been released to Prince’s family but that it may be weeks before any details from the autopsy are released. Before that, further tests need to be completed and the medical history must be compiled.

There remain many questions around Prince’s health. Sheila E, a friend who collaborated with Prince, said during an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America” that the star did have hip problems from his performances onstage. He has said in interviews that he struggled with epilepsy as a child.

The mystery of the end of Prince’s life has left is vast legion of supporters measuring their shock.

As they wait for answers, fans around the world grieved and celebrated his life with the frenetic energy with which Prince lived it — with dance parties and widespread tributes, from social media posts to impromptu Broadway performances.

Here in his hometown, the famed First Avenue dance club held a free overnight dance party from Thursday into Friday, with more scheduled through the weekend. Makeshift memorials popped up outside of the club and in front of Paisley Park.

BBs8sZr.img
© Renee Jones Schneider/Star Tribune, via Associated Press A fence outside Prince’s home in a Minneapolis suburb has become the canvas for a purple-tinged memorial.
Billboards encouraged residents to wear purple, a major bridge was lit in the color and a purple orchid with a note that read “Rest In Peace Prince” lay on the four-seat table of the intimate Dakota Jazz Club where Prince sat when he attended a show there on Tuesday.

“It’s a very somber moment here, but his legacy will live on,” Kinneva Brown said as she visited Paisley Park on Friday.

Those who knew him and saw him in his final days said the master showman betrayed no sign that he was near death.

With his Afro picked out, Prince hopped on stage before about 300 revelers last Saturday — the night after his emergency landing in Moline — at one of the pop-up parties he was famous for throwing at Paisley Park. He banged out a quick performance of “Chopsticks” on his new purple piano, Scott Lawrence, who was in attendance with his son, said.

He then broke out a new purple-and-gold Gus Guitar, placing it on the piano and then moving away.

But the cross-genre star also offered a few accidentally prescient words, Mr. Lawrence recalled.

“Wait a few days before you waste your prayers,” he told the crowd, referring to reports of his medical emergency from the previous day.

“Better eat your cheeseburger before you get to Paisley,” Van Jones, a political commentator and activist who was a friend of Prince’s, said he used to think before visiting Prince.

Last Saturday, Prince stopped by Electric Fetus, a Minneapolis record store, and bought about half a dozen CDs, said Bob Fuchs, the retail manager. Prince had been coming to the store for 30 years, Mr. Fuchs said, and nothing on this visit seemed out of the ordinary.

“Thanks for your support,” Mr. Fuchs recalled telling Prince, referring to something the musician had been helping the store with. “He smiled and said ‘Hello’ and ‘You’re welcome.’”

“He looked very alert and well dressed,” Mr. Fuchs added. “He seemed the same old. I did not think anything about the way he looked. Nothing suggested to me anything different.”

Prince was whacked because he was no longer bringing in big bucks and he was outspoken. His body is barely cold and AMC just announced that it is going to re-release "Purple Rain" on the big screen to cash in...people will be buying up his music after he had been off the radar for awhile...reminds me of the death of Robin Williams and Michael Jackson when their star had dimmed....people wax nostalgic and run to the stores to buy up their works which brings in big bucks....yep, something stinks here in Denmark, friends and neighbors.

That will depend on his will, if he had one. There are stories (rumors) that his estate could get really messy. It's a shame if it does.

He has no history of drug abuse, and that is just a rumor. There is no evidence at all that any of these rumors are truths.
Prince’s Alleged Drug Dealer Claims Late Star Had Secret Drug Addiction — Report

Its really sick how all the people come out of the woodwork and from under the rocks to get attention in the media after someone's death. And then there are those who do it while alive.

The media seems to think it can't survive without digging up dirt & smut on everyone. I'm not saying Prince was squeaky clean, or that drugs didn't play a part in his death.....but I think they like making up stories for the profits they bring. But I guess that's more the publics fault for buying into it. Personally, I'd rather wait for the official versions.

The New York Times

BB7Upr2.img

BBs8sZr.img

That will depend on his will, if he had one. There are stories (rumors) that his estate could get really messy. It's a shame if it does.

The media seems to think it can't survive without digging up dirt & smut on everyone. I'm not saying Prince was squeaky clean, or that drugs didn't play a part in his death.....but I think they like making up stories for the profits they bring. But I guess that's more the publics fault for buying into it. Personally, I'd rather wait for the official versions.

I am not buying anything that the lamestream media is claiming. The guy was very focused on what was happening to the world and if he was hooked on opiates...which is what painkillers are, his appearance would have degenerated over time.

He resented being controlled so he fulfilled his contractual obligations to a record label that he resented because they caled the shots. When he was no longer bringing in big dollars, they whacked him. His body wasn't even in the ground before AMC announced they were re-releasing his movie "Purple Rain"...the whole thing reeks to me. The same thing happened to Robin Williams shortly after his TV series was cancelled. He was a falling star so they had to whack him while there was still money to be made...and people bought up copies of his movies because they waxed nostalgic......seems to be a pattern here.

The New York Times

BB7Upr2.img

BBs8sZr.img

I am not buying anything that the lamestream media is claiming. The guy was very focused on what was happening to the world and if he was hooked on opiates...which is what painkillers are, his appearance would have degenerated over time.

He resented being controlled so he fulfilled his contractual obligations to a record label that he resented because they caled the shots. When he was no longer bringing in big dollars, they whacked him. His body wasn't even in the ground before AMC announced they were re-releasing his movie "Purple Rain"...the whole thing reeks to me. The same thing happened to Robin Williams shortly after his TV series was cancelled. He was a falling star so they had to whack him while there was still money to be made...and people bought up copies of his movies because they waxed nostalgic......seems to be a pattern here.

Good Gawd, everything is a conspiracy.

The New York Times

BB7Upr2.img

BBs8sZr.img

Tabloids either make up nonsense, or they pay somebody else to make up stories. 'Some drug dealer' pops up with some BS story and these tabloids and shows will fall all over themselves, paying $25,000 or more just to get the 'exclusive', so it's a part of the media tailor made for scams, and usually these showbiz gossip outfits don't actually care whether they are true or not, since it's all the same on their end of the business; it gets more viewers regardless.

It happens. I wonder how much money was made off Elvis after he died? Hell, Kurt Cobain was more famous after he died than before! I think this happens with everyone who is famous.

You know what they call celebrities that bring in tons of money after they die ?

"Working Stiffs".

The woman who stands to receive $800million from Prince's death: Purple-haired former crack-addict prostitute sister is set to inherit singer's estate in absence of will - along with catalog of unreleased music
  • Prince's sister Tyka Nelson, 55, will be awarded her brother's estate if he did not leave behind a will
  • Under Minnesota state law, the wealth of an unmarried individual with no children goes to their grandparents, parents and siblings
  • Tyka is a former crack addict who turned to prostitution to support her two young sons before entering rehab and getting clean in 2003
  • Prince's net worth of $300million is expected to grow by millions over the next few weeks because of increased sales following his death
  • Prince also signed a deal with Tidal granting them exclusive rights to stream his music last year for an undisclosed amount
  • His catalog meanwhile is worth over $500million according to his manager Owen Husney since he owned his publishing and master recordings

Read more: The woman who stands to make $800million from Prince's death
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The woman who stands to receive $800million from Prince's death: Purple-haired former crack-addict prostitute sister is set to inherit singer's estate in absence of will - along with catalog of unreleased music
  • Prince's sister Tyka Nelson, 55, will be awarded her brother's estate if he did not leave behind a will
  • Under Minnesota state law, the wealth of an unmarried individual with no children goes to their grandparents, parents and siblings
  • Tyka is a former crack addict who turned to prostitution to support her two young sons before entering rehab and getting clean in 2003
  • Prince's net worth of $300million is expected to grow by millions over the next few weeks because of increased sales following his death
  • Prince also signed a deal with Tidal granting them exclusive rights to stream his music last year for an undisclosed amount
  • His catalog meanwhile is worth over $500million according to his manager Owen Husney since he owned his publishing and master recordings

Read more: The woman who stands to make $800million from Prince's death
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Great job.........definitely enforces our contention that he was conveniently taken out of the picture for economic reasons.....

He was a drug addict. He was a great musician, loved animals, seemed to be a decent human being. But..he was a drug addict. You do not "reward" an addict with putting him on a bank note.

Now I don't know, nor will I agree that Prince was 'taken out' or killed by anyone, without a full investigation and that won't happen unless the autopsy shows just cause.

Prince didn't need the money and if he did, all he had to do was to release some of that work he had kept to himself. Since he had so much control over his work, I doubt the business has made much from Prince anyway. The industry has plenty of other fish to profit from, so I'm not really seeing that part of it

He was a drug addict. He was a great musician, loved animals, seemed to be a decent human being. But..he was a drug addict. You do not "reward" an addict with putting him on a bank note.

Do you seriously think someone is seriously talking about putting Prince on a bank note?

Forum List

Back