Prince Dead at 57

Prince was derivative or Hendrix. Purple Haze? Purple Rain? Flamboyant clothes, the persona? Hendrix was amazing , burned out at 27. Prince was talented, and had magic. I bow to an artist. At least he wasn't doing rap.

I personally can't think of one rap artist, including Jay-z should they pass tomar, if anyone would really give a lasting tribute to their legacy? True talent is something these guys have no clue about. I hate all rappers, they did nothing all them years but dumb down their fans and give us saggy pants.

I just can't get into anything pop culture. Who cares? It's like movies. I mention a movie I liked, and people go "on the one with so-and-so?"... and I sit there.. I have no idea.... It was a good flick. I couldn't care less who was in it. I don't pay attention to these people. Who has time to follow the entire life story of every idiot on stage? Who has time for that? Don't you have families or something? Kids? Job? Things to do with your wife or something?

Let me get this straight, you Elvis loving idiot......you don't have time to give a shit, but you come here and vent your who cares rant? Clearly you have some free time on your hands.....and the wife and kids are secondary at this point, eh?
Elvis is over rated. He is very dated and doesn't really hold up today. I'll show my kids hound dog and a few other good songs but Elvis is no Prince or Michael Jackson.

Elvis, Prince, M Jackson....they all have their very deserved place in musical history! :clap2:
Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain fuck him and John Wayne. -public enemy

Awesome tune! :D

Another group that stole the sounds of other artist to make a hit....James Brown

Let me get this straight, you Elvis loving idiot......you don't have time to give a shit, but you come here and vent your who cares rant? Clearly you have some free time on your hands.....and the wife and kids are secondary at this point, eh?
Elvis is over rated. He is very dated and doesn't really hold up today. I'll show my kids hound dog and a few other good songs but Elvis is no Prince or Michael Jackson.

Elvis, Prince, M Jackson....they all have their very deserved place in musical history! :clap2:
Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain fuck him and John Wayne. -public enemy

Another group that stole the sounds of other artist to make a hit....James Brown

Well... to be fair... nearly everyone has stolen something. If you actually research it, you would amazed at how many songs are all based on old old songs long ago that everyone has forgotten.

Just take how many songs are based on Pachelbell

The idea that someone stole someone's idea, is generally a hard claim... because all ideas are stolen.

You should read "The Innovators" by Walter Isaacson. The entire theme of the book, which he details over and over and over, is that all of the ideas and innovations of our modern time, all of them were done by other people, sometimes decades, and sometimes centuries ago.

Prince was derivative or Hendrix. Purple Haze? Purple Rain? Flamboyant clothes, the persona? Hendrix was amazing , burned out at 27. Prince was talented, and had magic. I bow to an artist. At least he wasn't doing rap.

I personally can't think of one rap artist, including Jay-z should they pass tomar, if anyone would really give a lasting tribute to their legacy? True talent is something these guys have no clue about. I hate all rappers, they did nothing all them years but dumb down their fans and give us saggy pants.

I like some rap and hip hop. It's good dance music. They play it at ALL the clubs (unless they're playing techo crap).

I just can't get into anything pop culture. Who cares? It's like movies. I mention a movie I liked, and people go "on the one with so-and-so?"... and I sit there.. I have no idea.... It was a good flick. I couldn't care less who was in it. I don't pay attention to these people. Who has time to follow the entire life story of every idiot on stage? Who has time for that? Don't you have families or something? Kids? Job? Things to do with your wife or something?

:puke3::puke:

:puke3::puke:

I'm sure I would feel the same about much of the music you like. ;)

I like some rap and hip hop. It's good dance music. They play it at ALL the clubs (unless they're playing techo crap).

Wow. Ok, you like Rap and Hip Hop, over Techno Crap. To me what you just said was "They are either playing with rabbit turds, or cow patties. I prefer cow patties."

Yeah, because the really big piles of moist mushy crap, is way better than the small round balls of crap.

To each their own, I just found that funny to me, because I really really hate (c) rap, and Techno is only a much smaller pile of crap in my view.

I guess this would be why I don't go to Clubs. I'd would prefer classical and the various sub genres, that most people hate. Like pop-classical, and modern-classical.

Wow. Ok, you like Rap and Hip Hop, over Techno Crap. To me what you just said was "They are either playing with rabbit turds, or cow patties. I prefer cow patties."

Yeah, because the really big piles of moist mushy crap, is way better than the small round balls of crap.

To each their own, I just found that funny to me, because I really really hate (c) rap, and Techno is only a much smaller pile of crap in my view.

I guess this would be why I don't go to Clubs. I'd would prefer classical and the various sub genres, that most people hate. Like pop-classical, and modern-classical.

I like a bunch of different genres of music. Since I like dancing, I like hip hop and rap.

I don't think prince ever did rap. Not sure about that. He was a musician, after all. Rappers they do their own little thing.

Forum List

Back