Prince Dead at 57

God save the Queen! :salute:

Selfish self aggrandizing old hag, who does not give a shit about his son.

huh?

If QEII were not a self serving self aggrandizing old hag, she would have abdicated and her son would have been King Charles at least 40 years ago.

PS I meant to say HER son.

At this point, Charles isn't eligible for the throne anymore, having married a divorcee. The Queen should abdicate immediately in favor of William and Kate. They are very popular.

That's why I said 40 years ago. And since the King of England is also the Head of the Anglican Church, he would have changed that ancient law and married anyone he damn well pleased.

Nonetheless, the Queen is a selfish and miserable old hag who does not give shit about her male descendants. Or even about her dotty, doddering and demented husband, Prince Philip.

So let me guess, you're going to call him stupid, right ?

Let's see now. Not availing yourself of medial technology that could save your life because your whacky cult interprets a 3000 year old book of superstitions a certain way...

Um... yeah, that's stupid.

I really didn't care enough about his music to be that upset about it,though. I thought he was overrated.

Prince was a musical genius.

So sad that he died young.​

I would like to put up a link for Prince with Third Eye Girl live on Jimmy Fallon 2013. But it seems NBC has blocked images due to some sort of copyright thing. Maybe now that Prince is dead they can release their internet hold on this great performance of two songs live. I will still search for a link. Had one at one time.
R.I.P.

I liked his music
Yeah. It's just the color of his skin you hated.

If I had said what SassyIrishLass said, you probably would have said the same thing to me. I did not say what she said, because I was never interested in any rock and roll after the Rolling Stones killed that genre, so I never listened, liked or not liked Prince.

But I would have told you that I loved the music of Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Nancy Wilson, Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughn, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Jesse Norman, Paul Robeson, and many, many other African American artists, some of them you probably never heard of.

It takes an ignorant liberal to generalize and divide by skin color, gender, ability and any other excuse to divide by.

I liked his music

If I had said what SassyIrishLass said, you probably would have said the same thing to me. I did not say what she said, because I was never interested in any rock and roll after the Rolling Stones killed that genre, so I never listened, liked or not liked Prince.

But I would have told you that I loved the music of Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Nancy Wilson, Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughn, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Jesse Norman, Paul Robeson, and many, many other African American artists, some of them you probably never heard of.

It takes an ignorant liberal to generalize and divide by skin color, gender, ability and any other excuse to divide by.

God, I LOVED Satchmo....Miles Davis was the bomb! Sarah Vaughn? Now you're talking!! Johnny Mathis had the smoothest voice I have ever heard. I actually cried when Motown went under. However, I also loved to listen to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and a host of white performers. Shoot, I even got into rock for a while - still love it. All time favorite, though? Charlie Parker!!

Holy shit !!
Another huge one !

This is becoming a watershed year for deaths in the rock world.

RIP
Not just rock music, but for all music period. Its only been two weeks now since we lost country music legend Merle Haggard and his going forward took place on his own birthday of all days!

God bless you and his family and Prince's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. We still have eight months of this year in front of us. I can't help but wonder who else will go forward before its end.

I liked his music

God, I LOVED Satchmo....Miles Davis was the bomb! Sarah Vaughn? Now you're talking!! Johnny Mathis had the smoothest voice I have ever heard. I actually cried when Motown went under. However, I also loved to listen to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and a host of white performers. Shoot, I even got into rock for a while - still love it. All time favorite, though? Charlie Parker!!

You are my kind of guy, RandallFlagg!

Forum List

Back