Prince Dead at 57

I liked his music
Yeah. It's just the color of his skin you hated.

If I had said what SassyIrishLass said, you probably would have said the same thing to me. I did not say what she said, because I was never interested in any rock and roll after the Rolling Stones killed that genre, so I never listened, liked or not liked Prince.

But I would have told you that I loved the music of Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Nancy Wilson, Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughn, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Jesse Norman, Paul Robeson, and many, many other African American artists, some of them you probably never heard of.

It takes an ignorant liberal to generalize and divide by skin color, gender, ability and any other excuse to divide by.

God, I LOVED Satchmo....Miles Davis was the bomb! Sarah Vaughn? Now you're talking!! Johnny Mathis had the smoothest voice I have ever heard. I actually cried when Motown went under. However, I also loved to listen to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and a host of white performers. Shoot, I even got into rock for a while - still love it. All time favorite, though? Charlie Parker!!

You are my kind of guy, RandallFlagg!

And lordy - let's not forget the MAN - Teddy P!!

So let me guess, you're going to call him stupid, right ?

Let's see now. Not availing yourself of medial technology that could save your life because your whacky cult interprets a 3000 year old book of superstitions a certain way...

Um... yeah, that's stupid.

I really didn't care enough about his music to be that upset about it,though. I thought he was overrated.

There it is folks, typical Joe.

While I thought much of his music was hit or miss, it's hard to deny that he was one of the best guitarists who have ever lived.

For reference, see his solo at the end of this tribute to George Harrison:

And that was on a Tele not some juiced up shred guitar.

Exactly. It's fucking mindblowing.

The expression on Danni Harrison's face as he watches him...

While I thought much of his music was hit or miss, it's hard to deny that he was one of the best guitarists who have ever lived.

For reference, see his solo at the end of this tribute to George Harrison:

And that was on a Tele not some juiced up shred guitar.

Exactly. It's fucking mindblowing.

The expression on Danni Harrison's face as he watches him...

Yeah much of his music was just okay IMO, but that guitar performance has to be considered one of the best of all time. He was a great showman. RIP.

Far too many great rock musicians have died in recent months.

Forum List

Back