Progressives scrambles to block potential Supreme Court nominee Amy C. Barrett because she is a ...

Progressives Scramble To Block Potential Supreme Court Nominee Amy Coney Barrett Because She Is A Committed Christian - The American Dream
There is a lot of buzz that Amy Coney Barrett is going to be President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, and that is causing many progressives to totally freak out. The reason that they are freaking out doesn’t have anything to do with her credentials. In fact, as you will see below, Barrett is exceptionally qualified to be on the Supreme Court. She is sharp, intelligent and has a sterling reputation. But the left is already throwing a massive temper tantrum even though she isn’t the nominee yet for one very simple reason. Amy Coney Barrett is a committed Christian, and progressives are deathly afraid that her Christian values will influence her decisions on social issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no we can't have a Christian in there I mean God forbid getting someone in there who would actualy judge fairly, or might have compassion unlike these loser fks who want to make everything and anything unethical , ethical because they think their power to control is above everyone else.

Let's get someone in there who isn't an ANTIFA fk.

That 9 months experience as a judge.............. Yep, Not even a top 20 law school.

What credentials?

Good idea.

Lets get the progressives on record as being religious bigots.

The question is whether a prospective justice is capable of leaving his or her religious views outside of the courtroom and making legal determinations in an impartial manner. This barrett has made no secret of her religious views and could be placed in a position in which she could inflict them on all Americans. I live near D.C., and I can tell you that scalia made religious speeches all over town and allowed his religion to govern his decision making. He did not make any attempt to even appear to be impartial.

The other day, I posted a link to the transcript of the oral argument in the Texas Whole Women's Health case. The justices who are known to be "conservative" did not ask even one question of the person arguing on behalf of the law in question that dealt with the substance of the law, even though major medical groups like the AMA and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology had already filed amicus briefs that totally rejected and undermined the "medical" claims being asserted by the state. This is an example of people appointed to the high court who cannot do their jobs.

It is not religious bigotry to ask whether a judicial nominee is capable of being impartial rather than being an activist for his or her religion.
Again I ask where is the record of her doing any such thing, she is a sitting Judge surely sine you claim it you can back it up with examples of her decisions from the bench?

Amy Coney Barrett & Roe v. Wade: Her Position on Abortion | Heavy.com

You know that this person is highly controversial. You are stoking the fires. Why is this person in contention rather than someone who has not stood out as an ideological activist?

Americans have a right to have our cases decided by an impartial judiciary.

BTW: exactly why was it that a group of justices did not question the Texas solicitor general defending the Texas law, particularly in view of all of the briefs submitted?
Should women be denied the vote as well?
Only when it concerns their reproductive rights, it would seem.

Progressives Scramble To Block Potential Supreme Court Nominee Amy Coney Barrett Because She Is A Committed Christian - The American Dream
There is a lot of buzz that Amy Coney Barrett is going to be President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, and that is causing many progressives to totally freak out. The reason that they are freaking out doesn’t have anything to do with her credentials. In fact, as you will see below, Barrett is exceptionally qualified to be on the Supreme Court. She is sharp, intelligent and has a sterling reputation. But the left is already throwing a massive temper tantrum even though she isn’t the nominee yet for one very simple reason. Amy Coney Barrett is a committed Christian, and progressives are deathly afraid that her Christian values will influence her decisions on social issues.

Oh no we can't have a Christian in there I mean God forbid getting someone in there who would actualy judge fairly, or might have compassion unlike these loser fks who want to make everything and anything unethical , ethical because they think their power to control is above everyone else.

That 9 months experience as a judge.............. Yep, Not even a top 20 law school.

What credentials?
How long was obummer a senator?

we have a First Amendment.

We wouldn't if Hillary had been elected and installed another Kagan type Marxist.

We don't take our representatives to Government seriously about morals, once they enter public office, only politics and the law.

Your fellow Communists demand that a religious test be administered so that no Christian may serve on the court.

Such bullshit. There is no "religious test", just a search for assurances that a justice will not bring his or her religion into the court room and decisions that affect all Americans. Justice Sotomayor is a Christian, even graduating from Cardinal Spellman High School.

Please get off of this false idea that all Christians are the same. The Christian faith comes in many different forms and varieties. Not everyone is a Roman Catholic or a member of the Southern Baptist religion.

A SCOTUS who values millenia old fairy tales over the Constitution is a terrible pick
Why is it that some people just don't get that we are a nation of secular laws....not a theocracy.

Indeed, we are not a Christian nation, but we are still by a clear majority a nation of Christians.

The Communist democrats have not won, we should not act like they have. They have not revoked the 1st amendment as they so fervently desire. Christians are still permitted to hold offices, even on the SCOTUS, despite what the leftist press demands.

This person has BAGGAGE, like it or not. Why nominate someone who has such controversial baggage when there are so many qualified people out there who have none and have not been open ideological activists?
I keep asking you to cite any decisions she made that show bias, that you can't and keep spouting off anti Religious dogma is all I need to know.

We wouldn't if Hillary had been elected and installed another Kagan type Marxist.

We don't take our representatives to Government seriously about morals, once they enter public office, only politics and the law.

Your fellow Communists demand that a religious test be administered so that no Christian may serve on the court.

Such bullshit. There is no "religious test", just a search for assurances that a justice will not bring his or her religion into the court room and decisions that affect all Americans. Justice Sotomayor is a Christian, even graduating from Cardinal Spellman High School.

Please get off of this false idea that all Christians are the same. The Christian faith comes in many different forms and varieties. Not everyone is a Roman Catholic or a member of the Southern Baptist religion.
Did you complain about bias when Sotomayor said she would make decisions based on her female latino experiences?

You can't deny someone a position because of their religion in this country.

Did you complain about bias when Sotomayor said she would make decisions based on her female latino experiences?
This attempt to foreshadow a possible nomination actually reveals the depth of their understanding that they are helpless in stopping any nomination Trump makes and they hope to gin up a large enough 'outrage' that he'll have to back down like he did with the border noncrisis.

I find it somewhat comforting that they fear it so much that they'll even expose their bigotry to try and prevent it.

This person has BAGGAGE, like it or not. Why nominate someone who has such controversial baggage when there are so many qualified people out there who have none and have not been open ideological activists?
I keep asking you to cite any decisions she made that show bias, that you can't and keep spouting off anti Religious dogma is all I need to know.

You still shirk the question of why a documented ideological activist is in contention for the Supreme Court. I certainly never said anything that can be construed as anti-religious. I'm perfectly content with a learned Jewish person, a learned Episcopalian, etc. from the Christian faith, a learned Wiccan, a learned Muslim, a learned Hindu, a learned Sikh, et al.

What credentials?

He was a State Senator for 8 years. US Senator 3 1/2 years.

A tad more than 9 month wouldn't you say?

Good idea.

Lets get the progressives on record as being religious bigots.

The question is whether a prospective justice is capable of leaving his or her religious views outside of the courtroom and making legal determinations in an impartial manner. This barrett has made no secret of her religious views and could be placed in a position in which she could inflict them on all Americans. I live near D.C., and I can tell you that scalia made religious speeches all over town and allowed his religion to govern his decision making. He did not make any attempt to even appear to be impartial.

The other day, I posted a link to the transcript of the oral argument in the Texas Whole Women's Health case. The justices who are known to be "conservative" did not ask even one question of the person arguing on behalf of the law in question that dealt with the substance of the law, even though major medical groups like the AMA and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology had already filed amicus briefs that totally rejected and undermined the "medical" claims being asserted by the state. This is an example of people appointed to the high court who cannot do their jobs.

It is not religious bigotry to ask whether a judicial nominee is capable of being impartial rather than being an activist for his or her religion.
This Barrett (it is petty to refuse to use proper capitalization and removes your credibility) has been serving with distinction on the bench for years. It only now becomes an issue because the left uses the court to circumvent the legislative process when their arguments fail to persuade.

I know of no complaints in which she placed her religion above the rule of law she is sworn to uphold.

It IS telling that the left made such a huge NOISE about the insult to a Hispanic judge when Trump called into question HIS professionalism, but now it seems to be perfectly acceptable to do so.

Barrett is fully qualified to sit the bench at the SCOTUS.

Their biggest, unstated, complaint is simply that she's associated with Trump.

You demand a religious test to weed out Christians. Sotomayor is a Marxist from a Catholic background. Clearly you Marxist object to evangelicals holding office.

This attempt to foreshadow a possible nomination actually reveals the depth of their understanding that they are helpless in stopping any nomination Trump makes and they hope to gin up a large enough 'outrage' that he'll have to back down like he did with the border noncrisis.

I find it somewhat comforting that they fear it so much that they'll even expose their bigotry to try and prevent it.

Border non crisis? Here beats a hard, cruel heart that sees nothing wrong with separating thousands of children from their parents who weren't committing any serious crimes.

Border non crisis? Here beats a hard, cruel heart that sees nothing wrong with separating thousands of children from their parents who weren't committing any serious crimes.
You don't consider child endangerment and reckless child neglect a serious crime?

Who has a cruel heart? You promote policy that drives these people to desperation and endangerment, then blame others for removing the threat to the children; providing them with adequate living space, food, medical treatment and even education while they await the disposition of their alleged loved ones?

I'll make a suggestion, though I doubt you will ever consider it.

Go read the stories of the border agents and the things they have seen these children put through and then tell Me they're not serious crimes.

What credentials?

He was a State Senator for 8 years. US Senator 3 1/2 years.

A tad more than 9 month wouldn't you say?
Wonder what happened to his law license!

You still shirk the question of why a documented ideological activist is in contention for the Supreme Court. I certainly never said anything that can be construed as anti-religious. I'm perfectly content with a learned Jewish person, a learned Episcopalian, etc. from the Christian faith, a learned Wiccan, a learned Muslim, a learned Hindu, a learned Sikh, et al.
I KEEP ASKING for proof, provide a single Court case she presided over that her decision was based on her Christian beliefs and not the law, One will do.Also tell us how you opposed Sotomeyer for her Latino Female bias?

About 90% of those kids were sent unaccompanied by their parents to the US border. Why? They had the entire country of Mexico to reside in. Yes?

You demand a religious test to weed out Christians. Sotomayor is a Marxist from a Catholic background. Clearly you Marxist object to evangelicals holding office.

Why do you think that she is a ""marxist"? What do you think that being a "marxist" means? Why do you think that "evangelicals" are somehow better? They don't act qualified to lead this nation. Are you a member of the southern baptist religion? Are you a jeffress, graham, focus on the family? Are you?

Forum List

Back