PROOF: FBI, DHS release joint report on Russia hacking

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Thursday released a joint report detailing how federal investigators linked the Russian government to hacks of Democratic Party organizations.

The document makes clear reference to the hacks of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, though it does not mention either by name.

The 13-page report provides technical details regarding tools and infrastructure used by Russian civilian and military intelligence services to “compromise and exploit networks and endpoints associated with the U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. Government, political, and private sector entities.” (See the entire report below.)

More: FBI, DHS release report on Russia hacking

Joint Report: GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity

This gave President Obama all the proof he needed to launch retaliatory measures against Russia.

It matter not seeing President Obama tenure is ending or did you fail to realize the reality of this mere fact!?!

My point?

Simple, his sanctions are pointless but keep on believing they will matter!

Why would I give a shit whether the sanctions work or not? I'm just happy that credible proof of Putin hacking the DNC to help Trump win has been provided.
To bad there wasn't a "scintilla" of proof to back your statement.

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) on Thursday released a joint report detailing how federal investigators linked the Russian government to hacks of Democratic Party organizations.

The document makes clear reference to the hacks of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, though it does not mention either by name.

The 13-page report provides technical details regarding tools and infrastructure used by Russian civilian and military intelligence services to “compromise and exploit networks and endpoints associated with the U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. Government, political, and private sector entities.” (See the entire report below.)

This gave President Obama all the proof he needed to launch retaliatory measures against Russia.

It matter not seeing President Obama tenure is ending or did you fail to realize the reality of this mere fact!?!

My point?

Why would I give a shit whether the sanctions work or not? I'm just happy that credible proof of Putin hacking the DNC to help Trump win has been provided.

I said yesterday that the Trumptards will simply deny the validity of any evidence/proof presented. I'm sticking with that lol.

Skimming through the report (JAR_16-20296 | Computer Security), it appears that the attacks were based primarily on phishing, which (as I understand it) requires participation by targeted users.

The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party. The first actor group, known as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) 29, entered into the party’s systems in summer 2015, while the second, known as APT28, entered in spring 2016.

Both groups have historically targeted government organizations, think tanks, universities, and corporations around the world. APT29 has been observed crafting targeted spearphishing campaigns leveraging web links to a malicious dropper; once executed, the code delivers Remote Access Tools (RATs) and evades detection using a range of techniques.

The report keeps the names/organizations of the attacks vague, so it may be that GOP representatives were targeted as well, only unsuccessfully.

I don't see anything in there that infers that actual voting systems or procedures were targeted or touched, but I'll look a little more.

Also, I'm not an IT guy, but I don't know that phishing is the same thing as hacking.
Showing why the DNC and Hildabeast were/are so incompetent, 12-year-old could've hacked their emails. And if their emails would not have had damaging information in them it would not of mattered.
The EC worked perfectly in the case of this election… Fact
:dance:

The 'fact' is that you support the use of criminal enterprises in order to affect the outcome of US elections.

My point?

See what I mean?

Defending Russia is the new Birtherism.

My point?

See what I mean?

Look up the definition of a hopover on the internet dude.
Your response was a classic example.
How old are you? 12,13?

My point?

See what I mean?

Defending Russia is the new Birtherism

Bingo.

My point?

Said by the same agencies that once claimed Saddam was a threat to his neighbors!

Get real and you enjoy propaganda as long as it fit your trot agenda!
Saddam was a threat, or did you forget the Iran war and Kuwait? Not that the CIA doesn't lie or gets it wrong. In this case they are telling us what someone wants them to tell us.
No integrity

My point?

See what I mean?

Bingo.
That's quite a filter of thinking errors ya have there.

My point?

See what I mean?

Bingo.
What did Russia do exactly? I haven't seen any evidence of wrong doings. What is it you have to make that statement?

I see no proof at all in this report. I see a bunch of coulds, possibilities, and mights. They spend a great deal of time talking about APT 29 and APT 28, but they provide no evidence that these two are russian. Then they spend several pages going over rudimentary computer safety protocols.

All in all, if this is the best that my tax dollars are doing, I am pretty pissed.

Did you expect them to release the code used to the public? The IP addresses they traced? You do realize they aren't going to release exact information so that the Russians don't know what signature the U.S. can define them by? That way Russia either has to write a whole new hacking program, or they have to keep trying to hack the U.S. with the same code with minor changes until the U.S. can no longer stop them... both of which could take a long time. That would be dumb as fuck to do.
No I didn't expect that because I knew they didn't have that. Can't provide what you ain't got. Right?

I do expect congress to get any classified report. You? See, the congress is for the people

My point?

See what I mean?

Bingo.
What did Russia do exactly? I haven't seen any evidence of wrong doings. What is it you have to make that statement?

You're in a thread showing you the evidence, and you claim you haven't seen the evidence. lol

You know, once upon a time the rightwing contingent at USMB was not 100% insane.

No more.

My point?

See what I mean?

Bingo.
Indeed...

The original birther agrees....

image.jpeg

See what I mean?

Bingo.

You're in a thread showing you the evidence, and you claim you haven't seen the evidence. lol

You know, once upon a time the rightwing contingent at USMB was not 100% insane.

No more.
No insanity is a lib who supports a lib who gives iran the keys to special weapons.

Skimming through the report (JAR_16-20296 | Computer Security), it appears that the attacks were based primarily on phishing, which (as I understand it) requires participation by targeted users.

The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party. The first actor group, known as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) 29, entered into the party’s systems in summer 2015, while the second, known as APT28, entered in spring 2016.

Both groups have historically targeted government organizations, think tanks, universities, and corporations around the world. APT29 has been observed crafting targeted spearphishing campaigns leveraging web links to a malicious dropper; once executed, the code delivers Remote Access Tools (RATs) and evades detection using a range of techniques.

The report keeps the names/organizations of the attacks vague, so it may be that GOP representatives were targeted as well, only unsuccessfully.

I don't see anything in there that infers that actual voting systems or procedures were targeted or touched, but I'll look a little more.

Also, I'm not an IT guy, but I don't know that phishing is the same thing as hacking.
Showing why the DNC and Hildabeast were/are so incompetent, 12-year-old could've hacked their emails. And if their emails would not have had damaging information in them it would not of mattered.

The 'fact' is that you support the use of criminal enterprises in order to affect the outcome of US elections.
Which election was effected and how?

My point?

I said yesterday that the Trumptards will simply deny the validity of any evidence/proof presented. I'm sticking with that lol.
Come on, don't hold back, prove yourself right. Post what you got. Oh wait I think you did, lies through innuendo.

See what I mean?

Bingo.

No more.
Exactly! There is no evidence. Bubba, post the info that is evidence of Russia

there is no proof it affected the election, it just proves what incompetent piece of shit but Hildabeast and her supporters are. One could call them deplorable...

Wow that's amazing. Oh...hey...isn't Donald J. Trump being sworn in on January 20th? Hmmmmmm, oh...reality check.

there is no proof it affected the election, it just proves what incompetent piece of shit but Hildabeast and her supporters are. One could call them deplorable...

There's no proof the emails were real, using your measure of what constitutes proof.

Yes

- Hillary was the worst candidate in US history

- The DNC had to rig the Primary and feed her debate quetions in advance for her to win the nomination

- The DNC was exposed as racists, sexists, homophobes, and Anti-Semites...

- Hillary was under 2 seperate FBI inestigations days before the election - and still is (something the libs would not have allowed for a GOP candidate)

...but Hillary lost only because the Russians must have 'hacked the election'

:lmao:

Forum List

Back