Proof of AGW fraud

The log rots because it is being consumed by organisms...definitely not a spontaneous process
A log is a living thing. It decays just like a human

When we decay it is because we are being consumed by organisms
The log rots because it is being consumed by organisms...definitely not a spontaneous process
The point was some rotting logs produce luminescence. I even provided a link. But rotting is spontaneous in any practical sense as well. I would agree if you said most people don't think of a log rotting as being spontaneous. They don't think of it as any sort of reaction. They think "quick." But we're supposedly discussing science. In science spontaneous generally connotes occurring without ongoing or premeditated human intervention or input. Light from an electric lamp is thus not spontaneous. A fire started by lightning or discarded, oily rags, yes. Started by an arsonist, no.

Bioluminescence of that sort is the result of chemical processes within living organisms...which require energy from their surroundings...also not a spontaneous process

And..rotting requires energy from the surroundings to happen... therefore not spontaneous...words mean things for a reason

This isn't that compliczted... if energy from the surroundings is required or cause the excited state...the emission isn't a spontaneous process
Humans create and use language for human ends. If continuous outside input is required -or- (obviously human) premeditation...
If it goes by itself...

And..rotting requires energy from the surroundings to happen... therefore not spontaneous...words mean things for a reason
In isolation, no. But in a forest, yes. Depends how you bound the system. Having no surroundings - no exchange of air, moisture, sunlight, pressure, heat, radiation, .. - is not natural. Smells like teen pseudoscience.

Last edited:
A log is a living thing. It decays just like a human

When we decay it is because we are being consumed by organisms
The point was some rotting logs produce luminescence. I even provided a link. But rotting is spontaneous in any practical sense as well. I would agree if you said most people don't think of a log rotting as being spontaneous. They don't think of it as any sort of reaction. They think "quick." But we're supposedly discussing science. In science spontaneous generally connotes occurring without ongoing or premeditated human intervention or input. Light from an electric lamp is thus not spontaneous. A fire started by lightning or discarded, oily rags, yes. Started by an arsonist, no.

Bioluminescence of that sort is the result of chemical processes within living organisms...which require energy from their surroundings...also not a spontaneous process
Not if the log or root itself is dead, thus "rotting." Nor dead portions of living branches or roots.

Natural science is a branch of science concerned with the description, prediction, and understanding of natural phenomena, based on empirical evidence from observation and experimentation. Mechanisms such as peer review and repeatability of findings are used to try to ensure the validity of scientific advances.

Natural science can be divided into two main branches: life science (or biological science) and physical science. Physical science is subdivided into branches, including physics, chemistry, astronomy and earth science. These branches of natural science may be further divided into more specialized branches (also known as fields).

In Western society's analytic tradition, the empirical sciences and especially natural sciences use tools from formal sciences, such as mathematics and logic, converting information about nature into measurements which can be explained as clear statements of the "laws of nature".

In isolation, no. But in a forest, yes. Depends how you bound the system. Having no surroundings - no exchange of air, moisture, sunlight, pressure, heat, radiation, .. - is not natural. Smells like teen pseudoscience.
maybe a more complete definition will help you out...or maybe no amount of definition will convince you that it doesn't mean what you want it to mean.

Spontaneous Process Definition
A spontaneous process is one that will occur without any energy input from the surroundings. It is a process that will occur on its own. For example, a ball will roll down an incline, water will flow downhill, ice will melt into water, radioisotopes will decay, and iron will rust. No intervention is required because these processes are thermodynamically favorable. In other words, the initial energy is higher than the final energy

Note how quickly a process occurs has no bearing on whether or not it is spontaneous. It may take a long time for rust to become obvious, yet when iron is exposed to air, the process will occur. A radioactive isotope may decay instantly or after thousands or millions or even billions of years.

Spontaneous Versus Nonspontaneous
Energy must be added in order for a nonspontaneous process to occur. The reverse of a spontaneous process is a nonspontaneous process. For example, rust doesn't convert back into iron on its own. A daughter isotope won't return to its parent state.

maybe a more complete definition will help you out...or maybe no amount of definition will convince you that it doesn't mean what you want it to mean.

Spontaneous Process Definition
A spontaneous process is one that will occur without any energy input from the surroundings. It is a process that will occur on its own. For example, a ball will roll down an incline, water will flow downhill, ice will melt into water, radioisotopes will decay, and iron will rust. No intervention is required because these processes are thermodynamically favorable. In other words, the initial energy is higher than the final energy

Note how quickly a process occurs has no bearing on whether or not it is spontaneous. It may take a long time for rust to become obvious, yet when iron is exposed to air, the process will occur. A radioactive isotope may decay instantly or after thousands or millions or even billions of years.

Spontaneous Versus Nonspontaneous
Energy must be added in order for a nonspontaneous process to occur. The reverse of a spontaneous process is a nonspontaneous process. For example, rust doesn't convert back into iron on its own. A daughter isotope won't return to its parent state.
I have no pertinent disagreement with those definitions. Again, what you fail to grok is the implied "current", "ongoing", "further"... "A spontaneous process is one that will occur without any {current, ongoing, or further} energy input from the surroundings." "{current, ongoing, or further} Energy must be added in order for a nonspontaneous process to occur."

Last edited:
I think if ongoing, current or further were implied, it would be part of the definition....you shine a light on a phosphorescent material and turn the light off and it will continue to glow till the absorbed energy is expended...it can take hours or longer...bit when the absorbed energy is expended, the process stops till more energy is supplied.

The definition says what ti says...anything else is an interpretation on your part that really means nothing

And..rotting requires energy from the surroundings to happen... therefore not spontaneous..
Again, whether this "energy" comes from immediate surroundings or rotting is attributed to "internal organisms" (fungi, bacteria) all within the system being considered part of the experiment or under study, it's spontaneous, else not. By definition, if you shine light on something from outside after the experiment has begun all resulting light produced back is not spontaneous. Only the portion that would have been produced without your interference is spontaneous.

"1. Performed or occurring as a result of a sudden inner impulse or inclination and without premeditation or external stimulus."

Bingo...

"(of a process or event) occurring without apparent external cause."
Can you name a process in physics that you think is spontaneous by your definition?
Sure, the surface of earth radiating to the atmosphere after absorbing the sun’s radiation!
I don't think Billy or SSDD would agree with that. Ask them.

Where else would it radiate to? What a goob. Is there any topic you dont lie about?

It is what happens to the energy once it is in the atmosphere that is rather subject of disagreement. Now you are trying to redefine the whole subject...typical..

You don't follow the conversation, say something stupid and then insult others. You keep doing that.
I will make it easy.
JC said the sun radiating, etc was spontaneous
You believe the sun is doing work. ( See post #453
Grand Solar Minimum.... And Cooling.... )

Therefore whatever results from the sun doing work (the earth radiating) is not spontaneous.
So according to your butchered physics what JC said is not spontaneous because work is being done.

Try reading for comprehension.

If you manufacture a phosphorescent material in complete darkness, and store it in complete darkness, it will never eff nit the first photon of light. It is only after it absorbs em energy that it phosphoresces... clearly not a spontaneous process...and there is no electricity in a battery till it is charged...the final step in the manufacturing process...and when all that electricity is gone, wes whatever process it was powering ceases...again...clearly not a spontaneous process...

You don't understand the physics of spontaneous processes!

Illuminating a phosphor is not spontaneous.
After illumination, put the phosphor in the dark again.
It will spontaneously emit because no further energy is powering it.
That makes it a spontaneous process. That is the meaning of the physics definition.

If you don't abide by the physics definitions, you are talking absolute nonsense!

The point was that without any input from the surroundings, you dont get phosphorescence...the fact that phosphorescence requires energy from its surroundings means that it is not a spontaneous process

This is the physics definition. You keep missing the bold faced sentence. Anything outside this definition is not physics.

Spontaneous Process: Definition & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com
A spontaneous process is a process that occurs on its own without outside intervention. Outside intervention is something that changes the process after it has started.

"1. Performed or occurring as a result of a sudden inner impulse or inclination and without premeditation or external stimulus."

Bingo...

Can you name a process in physics that you think is spontaneous by your definition?
Sure, the surface of earth radiating to the atmosphere after absorbing the sun’s radiation!
I don't think Billy or SSDD would agree with that. Ask them.

Where else would it radiate to? What a goob. Is there any topic you dont lie about?

It is what happens to the energy once it is in the atmosphere that is rather subject of disagreement. Now you are trying to redefine the whole subject...typical..

You don't follow the conversation, say something stupid and then insult others. You keep doing that.
I will make it easy.
JC said the sun radiating, etc was spontaneous
You believe the sun is doing work. ( See post #453
Grand Solar Minimum.... And Cooling.... )

Therefore whatever results from the sun doing work (the earth radiating) is not spontaneous.
So according to your butchered physics what JC said is not spontaneous because work is being done.

Try reading for comprehension.

That’s not what I said at all, dude embellish much

The point was that without any input from the surroundings, you dont get phosphorescence...the fact that phosphorescence requires energy from its surroundings means that it is not a spontaneous process

This is the physics definition. You keep missing the bold faced sentence. Anything outside this definition is not physics.

Spontaneous Process: Definition & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com
A spontaneous process is a process that occurs on its own without outside intervention. Outside intervention is something that changes the process after it has started.

What’s your point?

Right. I paraphrased the important point I was getting at --- the sun radiation part, not the earth radiating part. That was for SSDD.

Bingo...

The sun....
I agree with you, but you disagree with SSDD who believes the sun is doing work and therefore the radiation is not spontaneous.
( See post #453 Grand Solar Minimum.... And Cooling.... )

Right. I paraphrased the important point I was getting at --- the sun radiation part, not the earth radiating part. That was for SSDD.

Yeah, cause it isn’t what I fking said! You’re just one mthr fking liar. No fking class punk

Forum List

Back