“Proof of Citizenship” Is “Voter Suppression” Says Biden’s Left-Wing Judicial Nominee

How was it necessary? Last election was before we had any vaccines, and I went to vote in person. I'm elderly, have several serious medical conditions, and we just social distanced and voted. No problems.

If you can go to your friends for a football party, go to the store, go to a movie, you can vote in person.

Efforts to suppress the votes of communities of color accelerated in 2013, when the Supreme Court gutted a key part of the Voting Rights Act in Shelby County v. Holder.

there is a report on the goings on in 2020 regarding suppression, but it pales in comparison to the new laws enacted this year to suppress future votes.l
Dude, I'm not asking for links to alt-left hack sites and their spin on laws. I'm asking for ACTUAL NAMES of someone who was disenfranchised. If it is as rampant as you clowns claim, it should be easy to bring thousands of names.

I'm asking for just one right now.

Dude, I'm not asking for links to alt-left hack sites and their spin on laws. I'm asking for ACTUAL NAMES of someone who was disenfranchised. If it is as rampant as you clowns claim, it should be easy to bring thousands of names.

I'm asking for just one right now.
Brennan center is a bit on the left, but all their stuff is factual.

Youre not going to get actual names, since that would be a privacy violation. but there is data on disenfranchisement.
For example, they have found that 1 out of 16 black have been disenfranchised. And in a few states, around 8% of the adult population is disenfranchised. There is alot more, see here...

they have a map showing the variation across states. They also graph how the number of disenfranchised changes over years.

since 2020 was the most secure, they already did pretty good, but no reason they cant do better.
But the bigger problem is voter suppression, to keep security without disenfranchising voters.

The problem is you on the left label any attempt to make people use valid ID's to vote..."voter suppression"! I'm sorry but it's not. It's simple common sense.

Brennan center is a bit on the left, but all their stuff is factual.

Youre not going to get actual names, since that would be a privacy violation. but there is data on disenfranchisement.
For example, they have found that 1 out of 16 black have been disenfranchised. And in a few states, around 8% of the adult population is disenfranchised. There is alot more, see here...

they have a map showing the variation across states. They also graph how the number of disenfranchised changes over years.

Didn't have time to read the entire thing but all that lack of brevity seems to point to one thing, they consider not allowing felons to vote as disenfranchisement. Well sorry, but it's been that way for decades. The Communists know criminals will vote for them so they want to change our long standing state traditions of restricting felony voting because they know how much trouble they are in come 2022.

Disallowing felons to vote is not disenfranchisement given the person committing the felony knew ahead of time the penalties they may face before committing a crime. They knew if caught, they will face trial. They knew if caught, they may end up in prison. They knew if caught, they may not be able to find any meaningful employment when they are released from prison. They knew if caught and convicted, they lose their right to vote for the rest of their lives.

Didn't have time to read the entire thing but all that lack of brevity seems to point to one thing, they consider not allowing felons to vote as disenfranchisement. Well sorry, but it's been that way for decades. The Communists know criminals will vote for them so they want to change our long standing state traditions of restricting felony voting because they know how much trouble they are in come 2022.

Disallowing felons to vote is not disenfranchisement given the person committing the felony knew ahead of time the penalties they may face before committing a crime. They knew if caught, they will face trial. They knew if caught, they may end up in prison. They knew if caught, they may not be able to find any meaningful employment when they are released from prison. They knew if caught and convicted, they lose their right to vote for the rest of their lives.
Not coddling criminals makes Democrats sad.

The "problem", Dudmuck...is that you white liberals treat blacks like they're incapable of doing simple things like getting a valid ID and finding a polling place! Blacks aren't as hapless as you all seem to think they are!
White liberals take their White Man's Burden very seriously. Black people just aren't smart enough to take care of themselves, you know.

White liberals take their White Man's Burden very seriously. Black people just aren't smart enough to take care of themselves, you know.
Is it just me or is it insulting the way that white liberals think they need to help blacks because they're incapable of getting a valid ID or using the internet? I've got a lot of black friends and none of them have ever struck me as being that helpless. Most of them seem to have their shit together better than I do! Maybe I need some progressive help too? (eye roll)

Is it just me or is it insulting the way that white liberals think they need to help blacks because they're incapable of getting a valid ID or using the internet? I've got a lot of black friends and none of them have ever struck me as being that helpless. Most of them seem to have their shit together better than I do! Maybe I need some progressive help too? (eye roll)
White liberals are racist as hell, thinking black people can't succeed without their help.

The really pathetic and disgusting part is the black people who agree with them...then have the nerve to call conservatives, who believe black people don't need any help, "racist".

Commies believe that anytime they want something, all they have to do is whip out the race card.

The truth of the matter is people with the likelihood of voting Democrat are lazy welfare types. They'll vote only if it's convenient enough: rides to the polls, open late, multiple day voting, no lines to stand in. Tell them they must put some effort into voting, they'd sooner stay home. Voting isn't that important to them.

But the Democrats can't tell their constituents the truth, so they throw race into the mix. Some people will sympathize with racism, but not with people too lazy to vote.

Voter suppression is nothing but a left-wing lie. Telling somebody they need to have an ID to vote is not suppression in any way since it applies to everybody wanting to vote. Suppression is when you target one group of people over another. Voter-Id doesn't do that.

They said the same thing about Poll Taxes and Literacy Tests.

Always with the apples and oranges phony comparisons with you.
Nope, it's on spot. At least you are honest enough to admit it's about wanting to keep people you don't like from voting.
Please explain how literacy tests and political knowledge are the same thing.
How are they not?
If there was any truth to your gerrymandering brainwashing we'd be leading Congress today.
Well, no. we only redraw the maps every 10 years, and Trump fucked things up so badly even Suburban woman said, "mehhhhhhh".

Those rich never sat on the sidelines, they were involved even before the Kenyan Clown decided to run for office.
But they helped the Republicans more than the Democrats...

Or do you really wonder why the rich always get their tax cuts but abortion never seems to get banned.

Where did you get your degrees from, BU like AOC? Because they don't seem like they are worth a shit when you lie constantly.

Actually, the funny thing is when I was in college, I was a lot more conservative, and the struggle was that most of my professors were liberal. Of course, what cured me of Republican stupidity is the realization that the GOP only cares about the rich.

There won't be any riots at the Capital any longer. The problem is less voter honesty than it is getting as many dumb people to vote as possible which the Democrats are trying to do. Mail-in ballots attract those people because they are lazy and don't even know WTF they're voting on; Obama phone ladies and like.

Says the guy who collects a government check every month because he doesn't want to work.

The only way to save this country is to somehow get rid of these mail-in ballots and make everybody vote in person unless they have a legitimate reason they can't. The commies even tried to suggest we lower the voting age to 16 so they can get a bunch of people who know little about what's going on to vote, which of course would be orchestrated by their leftist teachers.

If you guys spent half the time trying to win people over you spend trying to keep them from voting, you might make some progress. You know, instead of just playing on the fears of stupid white people to benefit the wealthy.

It's not talked about very much but amnesty for all illegals is in this next pork bill. I don't think Manchin would agree to it, but it's just an example of what they are up to.

You mean finally realizing we can't deport 11 million people? Yes, recognizing reality is a horrible thing.

Forum List

Back