Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus, why Jews reject Jesus
"Why Jews Don't Believe in [Yeshua]"

excerpts:

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

1. Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
2. Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
3. Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
4. Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father ― and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David. (1)

According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

Lots more but too much to paste here. If really interested in making sure you're right you'll read it. If not ya wont.

excerpts:

the reason Jesus did not fulfill the expectation for the messiah to build a third temple or gather the Jews back to the land of Israel is because that is not what the prophecies are about.

Ezekiel 37:27 " I will put my sanctuary forever in their midst", is not about any man made building. The sanctuary of God is the promised divine providence for those who live life within the boundaries of righteous thought and behavior defined by the Law . By teaching the only right way to understand and apply the law that leads to the promised eternal life for compliance Jesus actually fulfilled this prophecy even if that sanctuary remains hidden from their sight.

excerpts:

the reason Jesus did not fulfill the expectation for the messiah to build a third temple or gather the Jews back to the land of Israel is because that is not what the prophecies are about.

Ezekiel 37:27 " I will put my sanctuary forever in their midst", is not about any man made building. The sanctuary of God is the promised divine providence for those who live life within the boundaries of righteous thought and behavior defined by the Law . By teaching the only right way to understand and apply the law that leads to the promised eternal life for compliance Jesus actually fulfilled this prophecy even if that sanctuary remains hidden from their sight.

Powerful, Hobelim.

excerpts:

Most of the prophecies are future which is why they aren't fulfilled.

Regarding your sig line...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I pretended to be." - Me.

I think who you are is a dishonest pseudo-intellectual without an original thought in the world and I think you are pretending to be a poor imitation of Kurt Cobain by altering his original quote...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." (Kurt Cobain)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. - Kurt Cobain at BrainyQuote

my life is a testimony that Jesus was the Christ. Without Him I'd likely be dead and not be blessed with my family.

Regarding your sig line...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I pretended to be." - Me.

I think who you are is a dishonest pseudo-intellectual without an original thought in the world and I think you are pretending to be a poor imitation of Kurt Cobain by altering his original quote...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." (Kurt Cobain)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. - Kurt Cobain at BrainyQuote

I use that site actually. It's entirely possible I read it, forgot I did and thought I coined it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Getting to heaven , from a Jewish perspective, is for eveyone. There is no concept of Hell or even the need for being "saved."
Even the most evil get to heaven, although each soul must g0 through a cleansing process -- the longest of which is 11 months.
Don Levit

Except it is in their prophets which mirrors the book of Revelation:

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Ezekiel 32:27 And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.

Ezekiel 32:31 ¶ Pharaoh shall see them, and shall be comforted over all his multitude, even Pharaoh and all his army slain by the sword, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 32:32 For I have caused my terror in the land of the living: and he shall be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.

Pharaoh is in hell with all the slain.

The word 'hell' does not appear anywhere in Tanach. If it does it's not a Tanach.

You're right because it wasn't revealed but if you drill down far enough, you might find what is in volcanoes.

But the word "pit" is used in Ezekiel 32:32 and it is speaking about a dungeon.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

1. aversion, abhorrence

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

If it wasn't hell, there would be nothing of abhorrence for.

The word 'hell' does not appear anywhere in Tanach. If it does it's not a Tanach.

You're right because it wasn't revealed but if you drill down far enough, you might find what is in volcanoes.

1. aversion, abhorrence

Man is compared to an undying worm whose fire is not quenched.

Isaiah 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Poor people are going to hell and they have no idea because no one explained it to them.

excerpts:

3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father ― and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David. (1)

According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

Lots more but too much to paste here. If really interested in making sure you're right you'll read it. If not ya wont.

As a Jew I think all the Jews should abandon Judaism and covert to Evangelical Christianity. Evangelicals are the most generous, gentle, charitable, giving, understanding (unless your gay) and kind (even if your gay) people on the planet. They are in all the hell holes in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean setting up orphanages, providing food and supplies, helping build school and providing free medical care (what do you think Doctors without borders is?). Jesus's message was a great one.

We should join the Christians, since eventually it will be the Christians vs the Muslims. The war will be destructive and the Jews will do well to fight against the Muslims as devoted Christians!

excerpts:

As a Jew I think all the Jews should abandon Judaism and covert to Evangelical Christianity. Evangelicals are the most generous, gentle, charitable, giving, understanding (unless your gay) and kind (even if your gay) people on the planet. They are in all the hell holes in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean setting up orphanages, providing food and supplies, helping build school and providing free medical care (what do you think Doctors without borders is?). Jesus's message was a great one.

We should join the Christians, since eventually it will be the Christians vs the Muslims. The war will be destructive and the Jews will do well to fight against the Muslims as devoted Christians!

I don't think you should abandon anything. I just think you should live as a completed Jew.

1. aversion, abhorrence

This prophecy has nothing to do with a place called hell. It's about the flesh of this first age all perishing and never be used again in the next age ( everlasting contempt ) but man's spirit will go on to the next age and get new flesh to live forever without ever experiencing death because we won't remember this first age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

You see, we won't remember this first age but we'll all get new flesh and rejoice forever without ever hearing the sound of weeping and crying again, like when the flesh of man dies in this age.

excerpts:

If you join Christianity, you will be deceived of the Truth even worse than the Jews were. At least you Jews understand that God's people are supposed to obey ALL God's commandments but know that it's impossible during this age, no matter how many times you try wash your own sins away with holy water ( water baptism tradition ).

Forum List

Back