Propaganda Flood Gates Now Open

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Quietly the Smith-Mundt Act has been repealed on 2July2014. I heard a lot of this while abroad. Now it is legally acceptable to broadcast this in the US. I wonder why this was not a big deal? What does this mean in the big picture?

The Smith-Mundt Act has ensured for decades that government-made media intended for foreign audiences doesn’t end up on radio networks broadcast within the US. An amendment tagged onto the National Defense Authorization Act removed that prohibition this year, however, and as of earlier this month those news stories meant for nations abroad can now be heard easily by American ears.

Quietly the Smith-Mundt Act has been repealed on 2July2014. I heard a lot of this while abroad. Now it is legally acceptable to broadcast this in the US. I wonder why this was not a big deal? What does this mean in the big picture?

The Smith-Mundt Act has ensured for decades that government-made media intended for foreign audiences doesn’t end up on radio networks broadcast within the US. An amendment tagged onto the National Defense Authorization Act removed that prohibition this year, however, and as of earlier this month those news stories meant for nations abroad can now be heard easily by American ears.

So, we hear the same crap they are selling some place else.

Forum List

Back