🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Proper Respect

Mr. Hackney should serve as a reminder to Obama as to what exactly he represents.

And a reminder to his opponents about who exactly they're speaking to.

Totally agree with your first statement. Not sure what you mean by the second.

The President is the figurehead of the greatest country in the world. Yet politicians make fun of his middle name and question his citizenship for political reasons. That's incredibly disrespectful.

respect is not a given....respect is something that is earned.

The President is the figurehead of the greatest country in the world. Yet politicians make fun of his middle name and question his citizenship for political reasons. That's incredibly disrespectful.

When you win 2 national elections in landslides, that is not earned? That is not to be respected?

Sounds like sore-loser butthurt to me.

When you win 2 national elections in landslides, that is not earned? That is not to be respected?

lol

winning an election earns you automatic respect? lets ask the bush haters that same question shall we...

lol

winning an election earns you automatic respect? lets ask the bush haters that same question shall we...
You spelled 'selection' wrong.

i don't get you synthy

1. you wouldn't say selection if gore won in 2000. and you forget 2004.

2. do you understand?

You can't show respect for the office of presidency and at the same time depict the holder of the office as a Nazi dictator or a baby killer. Whether it's Impeach Obama posters with pictures of our president with a mustache and a uniform making him look like Hitler or Bush as a monkey with Cheney as the organ grinder, it's disrespectful of the office. There's nothing wrong with intelligent criticism of the presidency but when that criticism turns into character assignation, racial slurs, and profanity that's crossing the line. How can we expect the world to respect the leaders of our nation when we don't show that respect.

lol

You spelled 'selection' wrong.

i don't get you synthy

1. you wouldn't say selection if gore won in 2000. and you forget 2004.

2. do you understand?
Gore did win in 2000.

Funny how the Right is all for States Rights until it goes against them. Then they run to the Federal Court.

#Hypocrites

Last edited:
Mr. Hackney should serve as a reminder to Obama as to what exactly he represents.

And a reminder to his opponents about who exactly they're speaking to.

Just like they made fun of and tried to diminish GWB's military service and intelligence. It comes with the territory these days. Obama's reign did not start the ball rolling in this area.

6zslsz.jpg

sad that the obama nut cases would have to climb on a 91 year of veterans back to try and score some political points.

I wouldn't call it "sad" as much as I would call it, "weird."

Would any other President in US History ever deserve a caption to this photo like the one in the OP?

Cripes, you'd think Obama could at least help the guy up some, give him an arm to steady himself with.

What, treat him like an invalid? Yeah, right, the old soldier would really like that...not.

He's got ahold of the President's hand, I'm sure that's enough assistance for him to get to his feet for a few moments.

Yes, I tried to help an older person before, by taking her elbow, and she got very angry and jerked it away. It can be an insult to some people if you try to help them.

Just like they made fun of and tried to diminish GWB's military service and intelligence. It comes with the territory these days. Obama's reign did not start the ball rolling in this area.
Sad but true. The disrespect we show for our leaders is an outgrowth of the polarization and hate that has enveloped the nation. For the most part that hate is based on perceptions that are false created by the media and political organization whose goals don't include reporting the truth.

Sad but true. The disrespect we show for our leaders is an outgrowth of the polarization and hate that has enveloped the nation. For the most part that hate is based on perceptions that are false created by the media and political organization whose goals don't include reporting the truth.

I agree. But since no one is willing to step up and break the cycle...it's just going to get worse. People of quality are not going to run for office. And we get will keep getting shitty politicians that are just in it for personal gain. Not that it matters to the partisan voting blocks that are in it for the same thing...look what they ignore and elect now.

Why does Obama need a propaganda picture to garner respect?

That picture does not portray to me what the OP was trying to relay.

The soldier is amazingly respectful and to be admired. Obama for the most part looks appreciative ( for once genuinely).

But the "idea" they are trying to push is disgusting.

It actually says more about our military than our leadership. The soldier knows about honor...because he has it.

The politicians try to exploit it...because they don't.

He doesn't.

And, THAT is not a propaganda photo.

He's the president of the United States. Photos are taken of him all day, every day. He's also very popular so those constant photos are bound to catch moments like this.

Deal with it.

He doesn't.

And, THAT is not a propaganda photo.

He's the president of the United States. Photos are taken of him all day, every day. He's also very popular so those constant photos are bound to catch moments like this.

Deal with it.

Total propaganda.

"90 year old WW11 Veteran ,Archie Hackney,refused to stay seated when he had the opportunity to meet President Obama. That's Respect". Complete with the Obama Campaign logo in the corner. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back