🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Proper Respect

Cripes, you'd think Obama could at least help the guy up some, give him an arm to steady himself with.

What, treat him like an invalid? Yeah, right, the old soldier would really like that...not.

He's got ahold of the President's hand, I'm sure that's enough assistance for him to get to his feet for a few moments.

Try reading what I said, not what you think I said.

The guy is holding onto the chair to balance himself.

Obama could have given him his arm to steady himself. Like Bush lent a hand here:

george+bush+robert+byrd.jpg

Cripes, you'd think Obama could at least help the guy up some, give him an arm to steady himself with.

What, treat him like an invalid? Yeah, right, the old soldier would really like that...not.

He's got ahold of the President's hand, I'm sure that's enough assistance for him to get to his feet for a few moments.

Obama could have given him his arm to steady himself. Like Bush lent a hand here:

Obama gave the guy his hand just like Bush gave the guy his hand. Between holding onto Obama's hand and using his other hand to balance himself on the chair, the old dude is doing just fine.

Good God, such nitpicking!

Just like they made fun of and tried to diminish GWB's military service and intelligence. It comes with the territory these days. Obama's reign did not start the ball rolling in this area.
Sad but true. The disrespect we show for our leaders is an outgrowth of the polarization and hate that has enveloped the nation. For the most part that hate is based on perceptions that are false created by the media and political organization whose goals don't include reporting the truth.

I agree. But since no one is willing to step up and break the cycle...it's just going to get worse. People of quality are not going to run for office. And we get will keep getting shitty politicians that are just in it for personal gain. Not that it matters to the partisan voting blocks that are in it for the same thing...look what they ignore and elect now.
If any changes are to be made, it has to begin with the media because they are the ones that fan the flames of hate and produce articles distorted for the purpose of sensationalism and to appeal to special interest.

There was a Code of ethics in media developed over half century ago when newspapers, TV, and Radio were the media. It'a apparently fallen by the wayside with growth of the Internet. Maybe it's time to revive and modify it, a self governing group with voluntary compliance and a seal of excellence to be displayed on websites.

I'm amazed at how many supposedly reputable sources of information today are producing pure garbage, unverified data, misquotes, and quotes out of context to support a story. Sadly, dozens of other sites grab such articles and publish them without every looking into the validity.

Code of ethics in media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Obama gave the guy his hand just like Bush gave the guy his hand. Between holding onto Obama's hand and using his other hand to balance himself on the chair, the old dude is doing just fine.

Good God, such nitpicking!

'Old dude'? Nice reference for an elderly veteran.

He looks like he is hanging on for dear life, he's squeezing Obama's hand so he doesn't lose his balance. An offer of his arm to steady the veteran would be a kindly and respectful gesture. It probably never occurred to Obama to do that.

He is the President.

You may not agree with the man, you may not even respect him, but it is the office, the title, that should garner the respect more than the man.

At least that was how I was raised...

And, of course, Obama is the Commander-in-Chief and Mr. Hackney a soldier...

:salute:

i don't get you synthy

1. you wouldn't say selection if gore won in 2000. and you forget 2004.

2. do you understand?
Gore did win in 2000.

Funny how the Right is all for States Rights until it goes against them. Then they run to the Federal Court.

#Hypocrites

If only Gore had won 2000... then there might be rational discourse going on these days.

why do you say that?.....Gore seemed just as shitty a candidate as all the others who ran....why would anything be any different?....

Why does Obama need a propaganda picture to garner respect?

He doesn't.

And, THAT is not a propaganda photo.

He's the president of the United States. Photos are taken of him all day, every day. He's also very popular so those constant photos are bound to catch moments like this.

Deal with it.

i bet if it was a photo of Bush doing this you would have a whole different thing to say.....

i don't get you synthy

2. do you understand?
Gore did win in 2000.

Funny how the Right is all for States Rights until it goes against them. Then they run to the Federal Court.

#Hypocrites

gore won? how do you figure?
If you recall, there was NO statewide recount of Florida. Gore's minions cherry picked heavily Democrat districts for their "intent" (remember "hanging chads", anyone?). Until the SCOTUS put the kibosh on Al Bore and Co.

What obama should have done

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmQXIeVpN8#at=29]My Friends, You Bow To No One. - YouTube[/ame]

i don't get you synthy

2. do you understand?
Gore did win in 2000.

#Hypocrites

Gore won the popular election.

He "lost" in a state where his brother's opponent was Governor and Campaign Manager was Secretary of State. 2 judges presiding over the case where that was challenged wouldn't have been able to hear it based on conflict of interests in lower courts.

And one of those judges said that the decision was unique, one of a kind, emergency and should NEVER be used as precedent.

And you folks wonder why it's controversial?

Go "figure".

bush won FL. fair and square. why are you whining about the courts when it was gore who went to court?

the popular vote doesn't count. keep whining, bush won, deal with it.

Gore did win in 2000.

#Hypocrites

If you recall, there was NO statewide recount of Florida. Gore's minions cherry picked heavily Democrat districts for their "intent" (remember "hanging chads", anyone?). Until the SCOTUS put the kibosh on Al Bore and Co.

exactly

shallow won't admit to this

exactly

shallow won't admit to this

Nor will any other Democrat. I submit that Democrats have been pissed off even before 2000. I submit they got their collective Fruit of the Looms in a twist when Newt and Co. finally did something that had not been accomplished the previous FORTY YEARS. And that is to wrest control of the House from the Democrats. See, Democrat think they alone are entitled to govern. And that is dangerous.

Totally agree with your first statement. Not sure what you mean by the second.

The President is the figurehead of the greatest country in the world. Yet politicians make fun of his middle name and question his citizenship for political reasons. That's incredibly disrespectful.

Just like they made fun of and tried to diminish GWB's military service and intelligence. It comes with the territory these days. Obama's reign did not start the ball rolling in this area.
No, it started with Clinton, thanks to the head of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh.

Sad but true. The disrespect we show for our leaders is an outgrowth of the polarization and hate that has enveloped the nation. For the most part that hate is based on perceptions that are false created by the media and political organization whose goals don't include reporting the truth.

I agree. But since no one is willing to step up and break the cycle...it's just going to get worse. People of quality are not going to run for office. And we get will keep getting shitty politicians that are just in it for personal gain. Not that it matters to the partisan voting blocks that are in it for the same thing...look what they ignore and elect now.

I wanted Michael Bloomberg to run in 2008. Independently-minded, non-partisan, no question about his executive experience, first Jewish POTUS, knows what is wrong with Wall Street and the credibility to end Too Big To Fail....

I thought it was all positives. Wingnuts laughed, calling him a RINO.

Because they only want RW extremists.

They do it with everyone they can dead kids dead solderers,and dead criminals.

Obamma should be kissing his ass,could you even imagine Barack Obama charging up mount Serabachi?or charging ashore at Normandy?

I can't

The guys who wears mom jeans when riding a bike? No. Fucking. Way. It is beyond his abilities .. . the same way leading is.

Forum List

Back