🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Proposal - Let's get rid of Columbus Day!

I grew up with Columbus Day.

it's part of my DNA

Nobody and nothing will make me get rid of it.

Or of statues or of History.....or of the past.

It is what it is.... and no amount of whingeing and complaining from the Left will make me change my mind.

NEVER.
the left is making it sound as if Columbus landed in plymouth rock,,hung around with the native americans, then moved south where he bought a bunch of slaves.

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

Snowflakes don't count in this world.
and the excuses! Columbus was responsible for 250,000 deaths? :laugh2: who knew we had that many people on earth in 1492...

Yeah....Columbus is also responsible for all the deaths in Chicago.

:cuckoo:
and when Mt St Helen exploded {guess she lost her temper}

I grew up with Columbus Day.

it's part of my DNA

Nobody and nothing will make me get rid of it.

Or of statues or of History.....or of the past.

It is what it is.... and no amount of whingeing and complaining from the Left will make me change my mind.

NEVER.
the left is making it sound as if Columbus landed in plymouth rock,,hung around with the native americans, then moved south where he bought a bunch of slaves.

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

and the excuses! Columbus was responsible for 250,000 deaths? :laugh2: who knew we had that many people on earth in 1492...

Were you in Mt St Helen's proximity?

No?

Pity. :laugh: :lmao:

lol, how exactly does that make everything okay?

You people can't handle a Mexican coming into the US to mow lawns, but for some reason the continent-wide destruction of native peoples by European invaders is A-Okay.

You have no idea what I can or cannot handle ... :thup:
I know the history of the Native Americans before and after the Europeans came.

I also used to have a somewhat romantic view of the Native American ... Nobel Warrior, and honorable steward of the land.
Then ... I went to the reservation to help these wonderful indigenous people ... Build houses, improve infrastructure.

They are no different than anyone else ... European, African, Asian, Hispanic, Arab ... All the same.
They have done things to each other and other ethnic groups just the same as everyone else.

They were conquered ... And still enjoy more special privileges than almost any other conquered people.

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

No?

no,,,,,but the fumes gave me and my cat laryngitis for 3 weeks

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

No?

no,,,,,but the fumes gave me and my cat laryngitis for 3 weeks

Interesting.

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?

But what about the Boston Marathon???

While important, only 6 people died compared to nearly 3000 on 9/11.

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?

Patriots Day is a holiday in Massachusetts and Maine which is the day the Boston Marathon is run.

You can't call 9/11 "Patriot's Day". Why don't we call 9/11, "9/11"?

What do you think?

Patriots Day is a holiday in Massachusetts and Maine which is the day the Boston Marathon is run.

So? They can get with the program. Run the Boston Marathon on some other day.

I think that the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a National Holiday. It could be called American Culture Day, where we celebrate (or rather recover from) our over-indulgence.

Make the Superbowl the night before MLK Day each year.

Or rather President's Day. MLK is still too early into the playoffs.

Back the games up. There is no reason the regular season ends on New Year's Eve like it does this year.

At the rate the NFL is going, no one will be watching those pre-season games anyway.

What do you think?

"Patriot's Day" was created by Massachusetts in 1894. The marathon has been running since 1897 on that day.

I believe that "Patriot's Day" is copyrighted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of Maine, and it cannot be used as the name for any other State or Federal Holiday. Unfortunately, I can't find the link.

I think that the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a National Holiday. It could be called American Culture Day, where we celebrate (or rather recover from) our over-indulgence.

Back the games up. There is no reason the regular season ends on New Year's Eve like it does this year.

At the rate the NFL is going, no one will be watching those pre-season games anyway.

If the NFL ends on MLK day, we will have TWO months until pitchers and catchers report, during which we will only have shitty-ass basketball and hockey to watch.

Why can't the NFL milk their season for as long as possible? The NBA and NHL championships are usually decided in July.

What do you think?

"Patriot's Day" was created by Massachusetts in 1894. The marathon has been running since 1897 on that day.

I believe that "Patriot's Day" is copyrighted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of Maine, and it cannot be used as the name for any other State or Federal Holiday. Unfortunately, I can't find the link.

You spelled People's Republic of Taxachusetts incorrectly! :D

Just FYI, it is already called Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance by federal law.

Have a nice day!

If the NFL ends on MLK day, we will have TWO months until pitchers and catchers report, during which we will only have shitty-ass basketball and hockey to watch.

Why can't the NFL milk their season for as long as possible? The NBA and NHL championships are usually decided in July.

So why do you keep providing good honest reasons for limiting the length of those sport's seasons?

Nah, I like Columbus Day and seeing the left turn themselves inside out with their hate of anything that is not indigenous to this hemisphere.

I would actually keep Columbus Day, and include along with it a day where liberals can be legally kicked in the ass.

So why do you keep providing good honest reasons for limiting the length of those sport's seasons?

Why shorten any of the seasons? Just because you are getting bored if it goes too long?

How can anybody in his/hers right mind

listen to what a leftwing snowflake says?

an insignificant snowflake.... my GOD

little piece of scum nobody....

Columbus and history and the past won't be killed just like that by these pathetic snowflakes left scum

What do you think?

I don't think 9/11 is something we should celebrate. Only a matter of time before they cheapen it.

Columbus Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day are all already cheapened by sales and other cheap promotions and I'm really surprised no one has done a Martin Luther King Day White Sale. We've pretty much forgotten what or who we are celebrating.

The reason why Columbus Day is controversial now is that we are now realizing that the European Colonization of the America's wasn't so much an event as a tragedy.
Celebrate 9/11?

Who said celebrate?
Oops. I misread JoeB.....sorry!

Forum List

Back