🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Prostate Awareness

What, and be a sheep like you?
Where were the sheep like you last month during Prostate Cancer Awareness Month?
Oh, that's right, it wasn't important to the media to tell you, so you didn't jump on the bandwagon.
Carry on

Where was the God-damned thread about it last month??????

Oh, that's right. you didn't care enough to start one.
Neither did anybody else. Because the media didn't make a big deal about it like they do Breast Cancer.

So because nobody else started one, you couldn't either???

And you call us Sheep??? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

With so many choices in entertainment and data feeds, does mass media really drive the masses the way it used to?

I mean, back in the day, there was a radio station in LA that could claim 40% market share. What media mogul wouldn't kill for 40% today?

Link

Link

Information from same website. Prostate cancer seems more prevalent.

How come I can't find a thread for National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month? (It was last month)
How come last month I didn't notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, but this month I notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

Is having breasts more important than having sex?
Last I looked, the treatment for prostate cancer generally renders a man sexually impotent, the treatment for breast cancer does not do the same to a woman.

I can answer that.......

No one thought of it and started a thread?
Besides Boobies are more fun........

I'm thinking it is more because the media makes such a big deal out of Breast Cancer Awareness Month but says almost nothing about Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and the sheeple just follow along in their media induced stupor.
Look around the board, Ollie, the most active threads are about what the media is feeding people, and this month media fed them breast cancer, but not prostate cancer last month. It's sad really, that so many are are led so easily.

well sure....But what do you think sells, Boobs or assholes?

there is also no big thing for melanoma cancer.... cervical or uterine cancer.... or pancreatic cancer.... There is no huge deal for diabetes either...

if you want people aware of the issue, prostate cancer is near and dear to you.... make a thread about it.
It's not near and dear to me.
I'm just pointing out how the media makes it important (near and dear) to the lemmings.

I'll bet you a dollar that the lemmings make it important to the media mogul$.

you two boys should take this crap and start your own thread.....

a17679f8d0493adf888bf5002a2db27a.png

I'm thinking it is more because the media makes such a big deal out of Breast Cancer Awareness Month but says almost nothing about Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and the sheeple just follow along in their media induced stupor.
Look around the board, Ollie, the most active threads are about what the media is feeding people, and this month media fed them breast cancer, but not prostate cancer last month. It's sad really, that so many are are led so easily.

I don't think we need prostate cancer awareness. Besides, what color would they use? Huh???
They use light blue.

And like a good media lemming, you find Breast Cancer Awareness important, but not Prostate Cancer Awareness. Why is that? Both are devastating, both are deadly, but one is more devastating and deadly than the other. Do you know which one? Hint, it's the one you think doesn't need awareness, it's the one that receives less media attention, it's the one that kills more people, it's the one where treatment eliminates sexual activity for survivors, it's the one that isn't PC.

Whatever. I'm not a lemming. I find the whole thing silly, but I also don't go around haranguing people when they're doing things that don't hurt anyone and maybe makes them feel better about themselves.

About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed
Link

About 232,340 new cases of invasive breast cancer
Link

How come I can't find a thread for National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month? (It was last month)
How come last month I didn't notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, but this month I notice all kinds of people changing their avatars and signatures to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

Last I looked, the treatment for prostate cancer generally renders a man sexually impotent, the treatment for breast cancer does not do the same to a woman.

Obviously people campaigned more actively for breast cancer awareness then for prostate cancer awareness, that's how things work in politics and the media.
Why did you not post a thread concerning Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and challenge everyone to change their avatars if it bothers you that much?
As for the "zombie crowd", "herd mentality" accusations from some, please.... spare me. Can everyone here say specious? I knew you could.

Why does supporting something around here get twisted into lack of support for other things?

My dad had early signs of prostate cancer - and I am thrilled that he had the medical care to diagnose early and get treatment.

I hope all men get tested to catch it early as well if they have it.

Why does supporting something around here get twisted into lack of support for other things?

My dad had early signs of prostate cancer - and I am thrilled that he had the medical care to diagnose early and get treatment.

I hope all men get tested to catch it early as well if they have it.

That's the point. If the same people pinking their avi's were as concerned about men and cancer there might have been a PCAW effort on USMB, maybe some men would see that and go down to get their prostate checked and maybe a few daughters wouldn't have to go through the difficult period you did with your dad.

Showing support for a cause on a chat board doesn't equate to not showing support for other causes.

To keep the vultures happy I added Prostrate awareness into my sig line. And by the way had my annual digital check up 3 1/2 months ago...

You want more awareness for something, make more noise....

Showing support for a cause on a chat board doesn't equate to not showing support for other causes.

To keep the vultures happy I added Prostrate awareness into my sig line. And by the way had my annual digital check up 3 1/2 months ago...

i agree..... i did not see one peep about it last month....

I edited the title of the thread for correctness.
I damn sure didn't misspell the title to read "Prostrate" instead of "Prostate". That misspelling was done by another.
Which kind of proves that the awareness is lacking when they can't even spell it correctly.

Of course you didn't. It's not the politically correct thing for you or anybody else to highlight. That's the point.

Of course you didn't. It's not the politically correct thing for you or anybody else to highlight. That's the point.

You also assume that anyone even knows that there is a prostrate awareness month.

speaking for myself...i did not know.

so again...i saw nothing about it last month... I saw no thread from you trying to make anyone more aware of the issue.

Link

Link

Have you encountered post-menopausal women? Seems like they prefer men rendered sexually impotent.
That aside, it does seem somewhat one-sided, this "awareness month" thing.

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

I hate to sound sexist, but we tend to protect women more than men

Only part of the story though. As was said before.

Boobs b fun

Link

Link

I can answer that.......

Unless you're alone...just sayin'

Forum List

Back