Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

One can petition the Secretary of the Treasury to have their right to own weapons returned. The reality is of course it won't happen, but that is the law.

Oh, I'm sure his experiences as a NYC cop have colored his views on this. But IMO, the people he's worried about wouldn't care one way or the other. They're going to do what they're going to do.

Now that said. I still think what happened at that rally was stupid. And I already showed them to be completely nuts.

Some Convicts should NEVER be Allowed to have Guns... It Depends on the Crime.

:)

peace...
Nope.

If they are that dangerous that they cannot be trusted to have their full rights of citizenship restored AFTER they've paid their debt, then they have no business being out of jail or off probation.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Once they've paid their debt, there is no reason to continue to withhold their rights from them. Because in effect, you're extending their sentence without due process.

If you wish to have them on probation for life, so be it. But otherwise, give 'em back their vote (if taken) and their right to own firearms.

So you disagree with the horrible way we treat sex offenders? In California they can't even live in some cities because of the restrictions. These people are either no longer dangerous or they are. If they are the law needs to be changed so we don't let them out of jail. IF you let them out, then they should have no such restrictions enforced against them that prevents them from even living in a city. That is cruel and Unusual Punishment in my opinion. As well as punishment that ignores the protection against such with out the action of a trial.

peace...
Nope.

If they are that dangerous that they cannot be trusted to have their full rights of citizenship restored AFTER they've paid their debt, then they have no business being out of jail or off probation.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Once they've paid their debt, there is no reason to continue to withhold their rights from them. Because in effect, you're extending their sentence without due process.

If you wish to have them on probation for life, so be it. But otherwise, give 'em back their vote (if taken) and their right to own firearms.

So you disagree with the horrible way we treat sex offenders? In California they can't even live in some cities because of the restrictions. These people are either no longer dangerous or they are. If they are the law needs to be changed so we don't let them out of jail. IF you let them out, then they should have no such restrictions enforced against them that prevents them from even living in a city. That is cruel and Unusual Punishment in my opinion. As well as punishment that ignores the protection against such with out the action of a trial.

I was looking at the VA sex offender registry. You'd be surprised how many (it seemed like most I looked at; perhaps not) were people who, if you do the math back to their conviction, were say an eighteen, nineteen year old kid who had "carnal knowledge" of a 15-16 year old. Ya know, that's dating someone within their high-school years. A senior getting a bit frisky with one of the freshmen or sophomores? Bammo. Registered sex offender. Or those who were caught "exposing themselves" after getting drunk and pissing against a building. And there they are...listed right alongside scum who raped little kids.

That is majorly fucked up.

And something else I noticed. Because of the restrictions placed upon them, they all live pretty much in a concentrated area, within close proximity of each other, oftentimes in the same apartment complexes.

Remember that little girl who was kidnapped from her trailer in Florida? They showed a map of her immediate area. How many registered sex offenders lived nearby in the same neighborhood?

Not only is putting certain people on the registries just plain stupid IMO, but it muddies the waters when something like that DOES happen. So instead of 2 potential suspects, you have 10.

I'm still not sure what to think about this. I think I saw the news coverage of the first incident of this type, where a guy showed up with a pistol strapped to his thigh. You should be able to carry a firearm to protect yourself, and if you misuse it then you face the consequences. I don't know about wearing it strapped to the outside of your leg at a rally though. I think that just makes people nervous for no reason. I know it was the man's right to wear it holstered like that, but it seems like it was intentionally trying to stir the pot.

Oh, I'm sure his experiences as a NYC cop have colored his views on this. But IMO, the people he's worried about wouldn't care one way or the other. They're going to do what they're going to do.

Now that said. I still think what happened at that rally was stupid. And I already showed them to be completely nuts.

peace...
Nope.

The Conviction was the Due Process...

But I am for Easing the Laws regarding Convicts and Guns.

Considering the Justice System and it's Punishments, I don't Beleive that simply beacuse a Judge says 10 Years on a Gun Crime, that the Person who was Convicted should be allowed to have Guns again...

10 Years doesn't mean they are Cured.

peace...

neither DC nor VA are open carry states

Typical Dive Can't Sushi Boy response. Pick one thing to harp on and ignore the intent.

Not every loon lives outside of an open carry state. Remember that douchebag that raped that little 3 year old girl and put it on tape in Nevada (open carry state).

The point was Dive Can't, that in an open carry state where there is a town hall meeting, if there is a person who lives around there who has become fed up with life and decided to commit suicide by cop, they'd have a wonderful opportunity.

Figures you wouldn't get the point, it's at the top of your skull.

What the fuck does a rape of a child have to do with anything?? You 're beginning to sound a lot like chrissy.

People do stupid things all the fucking time but one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Damn you people are stupid!!

Speaking of stupid No Star Logic, what makes you think that people AREN'T going to go to these town halls and NOT start firing? Their basic kindness towards their fellow man?

Nope.

Speaking of stupid No Star Logic, what makes you think that people AREN'T going to go to these town halls and NOT start firing? Their basic kindness towards their fellow man?

Nope.

And when this is all Done and the Townhalls are over and there is not Shooting, what will you say?...

peace...

I'm going to take a Limp Idiot stance on this...............Limp Idiot wanted Obama to fail.

I'm hoping that nobody dies from a gun incident, but, with the way that the right has been generating hysteria and hate, I'm gonna bet on the side that eventually, someone is gonna die.

Like I said...........I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm going to take a Limp Idiot stance on this...............Limp Idiot wanted Obama to fail.

I'm hoping that nobody dies from a gun incident, but, with the way that the right has been generating hysteria and hate, I'm gonna bet on the side that eventually, someone is gonna die.

Like I said...........I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

It's almost like you Libs are Hoping that someone gets Shot...

You are the only one's Bringing it up...

Keep Agitating.

peace...

Nope.

And when this is all Done and the Townhalls are over and there is not Shooting, what will you say?...

peace...

We should take pity on the stinking rotting christian neo con fascist gouls that they did not achieve thier objective.

We should give em an encouraging "atta boy" and a "better luck next time"!

Nope.

peace...

We should take pity on the stinking rotting christian neo con fascist gouls that they did not achieve thier objective.

I Hope your Schtick is at least Theraputic for you...

peace...

peace...

peace...

Is that what you think our countrys troubles are...fodder for someones Schtick?

How enlightened of you.

Is that venom dripping with the saliva from your grinning goulish lips while our country lays dying on the sidewalk?

Oh for a wooden stake and access to the cripts from where you come from.

Typical Dive Can't Sushi Boy response. Pick one thing to harp on and ignore the intent.

Not every loon lives outside of an open carry state. Remember that douchebag that raped that little 3 year old girl and put it on tape in Nevada (open carry state).

The point was Dive Can't, that in an open carry state where there is a town hall meeting, if there is a person who lives around there who has become fed up with life and decided to commit suicide by cop, they'd have a wonderful opportunity.

Figures you wouldn't get the point, it's at the top of your skull.

What the fuck does a rape of a child have to do with anything?? You 're beginning to sound a lot like chrissy.

People do stupid things all the fucking time but one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Damn you people are stupid!!

Nope.

That sounds an awful lot like 'fear mongering' if you ask me.

peace...

peace...

:lol: I'm guessing not, they're just filled to the head with cynicism.

peace...
Nope.

Considering the Justice System and it's Punishments, I don't Beleive that simply beacuse a Judge says 10 Years on a Gun Crime, that the Person who was Convicted should be allowed to have Guns again...

peace...

First of all, when you're convicted of anything, there's a sentence. Some crimes carry with that a period of probation where there is monitoring after release. Once that is served, the person has served their time, paid their debt, then due process is (should) be required for any further action by the State, to include continuing to prohibit the person from exercising their full rights of citizenship. If 10 years isn't enough and they aren't "cured" (of what, btw???), then they have no business being out of jail or off probation. It's not that person's fault if the laws are such that they are released from custody and probation 'too soon'. Refusing to restore their rights after they've served all legally required punishment is akin to convicting and sentencing them without due process for something they may do in the future.

Nope.

peace...

First of all, when you're convicted of anything, there's a sentence. Some crimes carry with that a period of probation where there is monitoring after release. Once that is served, the person has served their time, paid their debt, then due process is (should) be required for any further action by the State, to include continuing to prohibit the person from exercising their full rights of citizenship. If 10 years isn't enough and they aren't "cured" (of what, btw???), then they have no business being out of jail or off probation. It's not that person's fault if the laws are such that they are released from custody and probation 'too soon'. Refusing to restore their rights after they've served all legally required punishment is akin to convicting and sentencing them without due process for something they may do in the future.
how about looking at it this way(it's how i do)
when they are convicted, the 2nd amendment right is terminated as a part of their conviction
and they have to ask for it to be restored

peace...

how about looking at it this way(it's how i do)
when they are convicted, the 2nd amendment right is terminated as a part of their conviction
and they have to ask for it to be restored

HELL no.

That's even worse.

Forum List

Back