Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

it matters in the sense of they aren't a large group

Again, why should that matter?

It only takes one, dive.

Yep, Cho was just 1 person, and he took out over 30 people.

So was that dude in the south that killed over 10.

Emma's right Sushi Boy............it only takes 1. Shit, for some assault rifles, you can carry MUCH ammo in 1 magazine.

By the way, ever heard of a thing called an "assassin"? They work alone as well.

The VA Tech shootings hit close to home. REALLY close to home. What a horrific day. My best friend's husband is a VA trooper and they live there. He responded that day and she was a complete wreck.

Hey..........Montana is the same way (that's where I'm originally from). Didn't know what store bought meat was until I was 12.

I'm not much for red meat, but I do like venison.

Interesting off topic tidbit... my dad's friend ate bear meat once and ended up in the hospital with a ruptured gut 'cuz the bear had been spiked by a porcupine.

So let that be a lesson to ya.

Well shit. Can't remember what I was going to say.

The DC snipers were first prosecuted in VA because we have the death penalty, which the older one got. The kid got life without parole, then both were sentenced to 6 consecutive life sentences without parole in MD to be served after they serve their time in VA lol.

They ain't going anywhere.

Hey..........Montana is the same way (that's where I'm originally from). Didn't know what store bought meat was until I was 12.

Interesting off topic tidbit... my dad's friend ate bear meat once and ended up in the hospital with a ruptured gut 'cuz the bear had been spiked by a porcupine.

Thanks for the info! I'm not much for bear (too greasy), but elk and venison are my favorites.

Matter of fact, I like elk better than beef!

okay..........hijack over.

Thanks for the info! I'm not much for bear (too greasy), but elk and venison are my favorites.

Matter of fact, I like elk better than beef!

okay..........hijack over.

[hijack again] My eye doc when I was a little kid was a big hunter. In his waiting room he had a freakin' moose head hanging over the couch :rofl:

The antlers were so huge, he had to cut holes in the ceiling to make it fit. I remember just sitting there, mesmerized by Bullwinkle :eek:

[/hijack]

Well shit. Can't remember what I was going to say.

The DC snipers were first prosecuted in VA because we have the death penalty, which the older one got. The kid got life without parole, then both were sentenced to 6 consecutive life sentences without parole in MD to be served after they serve their time in VA lol.

They ain't going anywhere.

Muhammad.jpg

Was it an Islam thing?...

:)

peace...

people in AZ walk around with guns all the time. you fucking easterners are some scared fucking rabbits.

people in AZ walk around with guns all the time. you fucking easterners are some scared fucking rabbits.

it is not like they have rabbits and deer and wild bore and turkey to kill in new york city ya know?

Outside of cops for the most part, Guns are used to MURDER human beings in our eastern cities.....so yes, MOST law abiding easterners know only THIS about guns and those who use them.

Yeah. We Virginians don't know a thing about open carry :lol:

And if the Left had their way, Emma...

Be Honest.

peace...
Honest answer.

Well, we've done threads *elsewhere* where liberals overwhelmingly supported the 2nd. Some agreed with registration (I don't) and such, but it was clear the "liberals hate guns" was a unfair and incorrect generalization. Hell, my views on the 2nd were deemed too extreme by some of the cons.

Now, in real life, I know lots of liberals. None support banning guns. Not one. Not even my way-the-hell-to-the-left daughter; she doesn't want to own one for herself, but she agrees with others' right to own firearms.

Are there liberals who want to ban all guns? Sure. Are there liberals who want to ban certain guns or place restrictions on ownership? Yes. Hell, there's probably some conservatives who feel that way too. You can't paint any group as agreeing on every issue.

But in my experience, they are in the minority. A very vocal minority at times, but a minority nonetheless.

Yeah. We Virginians don't know a thing about open carry :lol:

Be Honest.

peace...
Honest answer.

Well, we've done threads *elsewhere* where liberals overwhelmingly supported the 2nd. Some agreed with registration (I don't) and such, but it was clear the "liberals hate guns" was a unfair and incorrect generalization. Hell, my views on the 2nd were deemed too extreme by some of the cons.

Now, in real life, I know lots of liberals. None support banning guns. Not one. Not even my way-the-hell-to-the-left daughter; she doesn't want to own one for herself, but she agrees with others' right to own firearms.

Are there liberals who want to ban all guns? Sure. Are there liberals who want to ban certain guns or place restrictions on ownership? Yes. Hell, there's probably some conservatives who feel that way too. You can't paint any group as agreeing on every issue.

But in my experience, they are in the minority. A very vocal minority at times, but a minority nonetheless.

If only it were that Simple...

But before we Discuss the Specifics of what Elected DemocRATS have Proposed over the Years, let's Speak to your Claim that ANY Conservative would Find you Views on Guns "too Extreme"...

What "Extreme Views" and who Specifically?

peace...

Be Honest.

peace...
Honest answer.

But before we Discuss the Specifics of what Elected DemocRATS have Proposed over the Years, let's Speak to your Claim that ANY Conservative would Find you Views on Guns "too Extreme"...

peace...

FAM in particular (and there were others I can't recall at the moment) jumped all over me for saying I believed that once a person convicted served their time and whatever parole/probation is ordered, they should have their full rights restored to include ownership of firearms.

I don't believe in registration. I don't believe in licenses for concealed carry or for any other reason. No regulations as to how it should be stored or transported. What I do with my property and how I choose to transport or carry it is my business. Background checks only by dealers and only to check for current criminals (meaning those who are currently on probation or parole, etc., not those with a criminal history, if they've paid their debt to society in full). Private sales or gifts between individuals, none of the government's business. There's more, but I've been up since Monday morning (minus 10 non-consecutive hours of sleep), so I can't think of more off the top of my head.

Yeah.........nothing to be scared of a person walking around with a gun in an open carry state.

Keep telling yourself that. Then go talk to the people who have lost family members to crazed gunmen. Remember.........most of their family members said they had no idea that the person was ready to go snappy.

Tell that to the families of those that Cho took out. He was hidden also until he killed all those people. Tell that to the families of those on that street in the south where a guy drove down the street, killing all those people on their porches.

Tell that to the families of the DC Sniper.

Yeah........right........nothing to worry about........
neither DC nor VA are open carry states

Typical Dive Can't Sushi Boy response. Pick one thing to harp on and ignore the intent.

Not every loon lives outside of an open carry state. Remember that douchebag that raped that little 3 year old girl and put it on tape in Nevada (open carry state).

The point was Dive Can't, that in an open carry state where there is a town hall meeting, if there is a person who lives around there who has become fed up with life and decided to commit suicide by cop, they'd have a wonderful opportunity.

Figures you wouldn't get the point, it's at the top of your skull.

What the fuck does a rape of a child have to do with anything?? You 're beginning to sound a lot like chrissy.

People do stupid things all the fucking time but one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Damn you people are stupid!!

Honest answer.

peace...

FAM in particular (and there were others I can't recall at the moment) jumped all over me for saying I believed that once a person convicted served their time and whatever parole/probation is ordered, they should have their full rights restored to include ownership of firearms.

I don't believe in registration. I don't believe in licenses for concealed carry or for any other reason. No regulations as to how it should be stored or transported. What I do with my property and how I choose to transport or carry it is my business. Background checks only by dealers and only to check for current criminals (meaning those who are currently on probation or parole, etc., not those with a criminal history, if they've paid their debt to society in full). Private sales or gifts between individuals, none of the government's business. There's more, but I've been up since Monday morning (minus 10 non-consecutive hours of sleep), so I can't think of more off the top of my head.

I have no Disagreement you on that and I am Surprised that FAM did...

Aside from his Cop Side...

Cops see Society Differently than you and I.

peace...

peace...

I have no Disagreement you on that and I am Surprised that FAM did...

Aside from his Cop Side...

Cops see Society Differently than you and I.

peace...

Oh, I'm sure his experiences as a NYC cop have colored his views on this. But IMO, the people he's worried about wouldn't care one way or the other. They're going to do what they're going to do.

Now that said. I still think what happened at that rally was stupid. And I already showed them to be completely nuts.

I go back and forth on registration, but I'm all for doing away with permit requirements for concealed carry. Frankly, I'd love to see very few restrictions on the consumer, and safety requirements added to the manufacturing side. Password trigger lock technology is no longer unreasonably expensive. If we can put it on a pink "my first diary" toy, we can surely put it on a gun.

I go back and forth on registration, but I'm all for doing away with permit requirements for concealed carry. Frankly, I'd love to see very few restrictions on the consumer, and safety requirements added to the manufacturing side. Password trigger lock technology is no longer unreasonably expensive. If we can put it on a pink "my first diary" toy, we can surely put it on a gun.

I have no problems with manufacturing adding all the safety technology they can.

Oh, I'm sure his experiences as a NYC cop have colored his views on this. But IMO, the people he's worried about wouldn't care one way or the other. They're going to do what they're going to do.

Now that said. I still think what happened at that rally was stupid. And I already showed them to be completely nuts.

Some Convicts should NEVER be Allowed to have Guns... It Depends on the Crime.

peace...

Some Convicts should NEVER be Allowed to have Guns... It Depends on the Crime.

peace...
Nope.

If they are that dangerous that they cannot be trusted to have their full rights of citizenship restored AFTER they've paid their debt, then they have no business being out of jail or off probation.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Once they've paid their debt, there is no reason to continue to withhold their rights from them. Because in effect, you're extending their sentence without due process.

If you wish to have them on probation for life, so be it. But otherwise, give 'em back their vote (if taken) and their right to own firearms.

Forum List

Back