Proud boys Show Us How It's Done in Portland

Beating the crap out of people is not free speech and that is WHAT the Proud Boys are about

The difference between attacking (antifa) and self defense (proud boys) has been explained to you.

Your pretense of being too retarded to understand is noted and dismissed.
Did the Proud Boys go to an Antifa protest or did Antifa go to a Proud Boys protest? My understanding is that it was the former so they seem to be the attackers NOT the defenders.

It certainly looked like the Proud Boys sought out protesters and attacked them in Portland

"Let's circle back" :auiqs.jpg:

1. The Proud Boys organized a rally.

2. Antifa thugs got wind of the rally and organized a "counter protest" i.e. use violence to disrupt the "nazi" rally.

3. Antifa got their white asses kicked

That's the real timeline

Did the Proud Boys go to an Antifa protest or did Antifa go to a Proud Boys protest? My understanding is that it was the former so they seem to be the attackers NOT the defenders
Your "understanding" is wrong, as usual:

The main rally took place in the parking lot of a vacant K-Mart shopping center in Northeast Portland on 122nd Street. Proud Boys speakers referred to those who participated in President Donald Trump’s attempted coup on January 6 as “political prisoners”; upheld Ashli Babbit, shot and killed by Capitol police as she attemtped to force her way into the House Chamber, as a martyr; accused “antifa” or anti-fascists of being violent criminals; and threatened physical violence against transgender people. Reverend Dr. Chuck Currie, who filmed the far-right rally from his car, reported that Proud Boys members hit his car and called him a “faggot.”

Soon after, antifascist protesters left downtown Portland, where around 200 had been peacefully demonstrating since the morning to oppose far-right violence, to mobilize around the Proud Boys rally at the K-Mart.

The Deep State behavior repeatedly demonstrated by the FBI, from Peter Strzok scandal to the RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA scandal.

Anyone who denies it at this point, is not to be assumed to be a fool or a political zealot on the side of the bad guys.

That is because your media lies to you.

The Proud Boys certainly know that their actions, ie standing up for "Free Speech", especially in a liberal stronghold like Portland is very provocative to the Left,

BUT, the Antifa rioters are the ones responsible for their violent response, and that makes them the attackers, not the Proud Boys, who fight back.

D'uh.
I somehow think your view would be different if an Antifa mob went to a Trump rally and started yelling anti-Trump slogans. Are they standing up for "Free Speech"? If the Trump rally attendees then charged the Antifa mob and Antifa pulled out guns and started shooting the Trumpsters would you say they are standing up for "Free Speech"?

The Deep State behavior repeatedly demonstrated by the FBI, from Peter Strzok scandal to the RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA scandal.

Anyone who denies it at this point, is not to be assumed to be a fool or a political zealot on the side of the bad guys.
Did Strzok actually do anything or did he just voice his opinion in a forum he thought would be private? I know plenty of people in the government and from my experience they reflect the country as a whole. Plenty of gov't people are pro-Trump and plenty are anti-Trump.

Your "understanding" is wrong, as usual:

The main rally took place in the parking lot of a vacant K-Mart shopping center in Northeast Portland on 122nd Street. Proud Boys speakers referred to those who participated in President Donald Trump’s attempted coup on January 6 as “political prisoners”; upheld Ashli Babbit, shot and killed by Capitol police as she attemtped to force her way into the House Chamber, as a martyr; accused “antifa” or anti-fascists of being violent criminals; and threatened physical violence against transgender people. Reverend Dr. Chuck Currie, who filmed the far-right rally from his car, reported that Proud Boys members hit his car and called him a “faggot.”

Soon after, antifascist protesters left downtown Portland, where around 200 had been peacefully demonstrating since the morning to oppose far-right violence, to mobilize around the Proud Boys rally at the K-Mart.

Sounds like both sides wanted confrontation and neither should be held up as paragons of virtue. And this is exactly what is wrong with the country, extremists on both sides feel empowered.

Sounds like both sides wanted confrontation and neither should be held up as paragons of virtue. And this is exactly what is wrong with the country, extremists on both sides feel empowered.
You're just wrong. So you move the goalposts

You didnt say this when you said the PB were the troublemakers

Beating the crap out of people is not free speech and that is WHAT the Proud Boys are about

Not letting people use violence to shut down Free Speech, is what the Proud Boys are doing.

That you oppose that, shows that you are at heart, a Marxist and a want a be tyrant.

Did the Proud Boys go to an Antifa protest or did Antifa go to a Proud Boys protest? My understanding is that it was the former so they seem to be the attackers NOT the defenders.

A very good question, alang.

The first couple of news reports I looked at, did not address that. Standard incompetent or biased reporting.

I did find this, though I am not familiar with the site. It's tone certainly does not make it sound far right.

"Far right groups gathered Sunday in Portland for an event they called the “Summer of Love,” even as the rally date was chosen to commemorate an extraordinarily violent clash last summer in the city. The event ended with a roving brawl along busy city streets in the Parkrose neighborhood, and shots being fired in downtown Portland. No one was reported injured in the shooting incident

Anti-fascists and far left demonstrators gathered downtown early in the day to oppose the far right gathering. The two sides eventually clashed in Northeast Portland after remaining separate for hours, leaving a spree of violence that stretched blocks."

So, by your standards, that you bravely put forth before knowing the facts, Antfia are the attackers, and the Proud Boys are the defenders.

As I said.

Using violent to suppress political speech is tyranny. That the police stand down to allow it, is even worse tyranny.

This is the reality of the situation, the "keeping it real" level, stripped of partisan bullshit.

Which side are you on? Free Speech or Tyranny?

I somehow think your view would be different if an Antifa mob went to a Trump rally and started yelling anti-Trump slogans. Are they standing up for "Free Speech"? If the Trump rally attendees then charged the Antifa mob and Antifa pulled out guns and started shooting the Trumpsters would you say they are standing up for "Free Speech"?

Going to a city, is different from counter protesting. And neither justifies a violent response. And your presentation of Antifa just "yelling", is very much NOT what I have seen in countless videos online.

Did Strzok actually do anything or did he just voice his opinion in a forum he thought would be private? I know plenty of people in the government and from my experience they reflect the country as a whole. Plenty of gov't people are pro-Trump and plenty are anti-Trump.

He edited the final copy of the HIllary report changing it from a finding requiring criminal charges to one NOT requiring criminal charges. That was clearly a political move and that it was allowed by the FBI as a whole, shows that the FBI as a whole has been politicized and is now allied with the dem party.

A very good question, alang.

The first couple of news reports I looked at, did not address that. Standard incompetent or biased reporting.

I did find this, though I am not familiar with the site. It's tone certainly does not make it sound far right.

"Far right groups gathered Sunday in Portland for an event they called the “Summer of Love,” even as the rally date was chosen to commemorate an extraordinarily violent clash last summer in the city. The event ended with a roving brawl along busy city streets in the Parkrose neighborhood, and shots being fired in downtown Portland. No one was reported injured in the shooting incident

Anti-fascists and far left demonstrators gathered downtown early in the day to oppose the far right gathering. The two sides eventually clashed in Northeast Portland after remaining separate for hours, leaving a spree of violence that stretched blocks."

So, by your standards, that you bravely put forth before knowing the facts, Antfia are the attackers, and the Proud Boys are the defenders.

As I said.

Using violent to suppress political speech is tyranny. That the police stand down to allow it, is even worse tyranny.

This is the reality of the situation, the "keeping it real" level, stripped of partisan bullshit.

Which side are you on? Free Speech or Tyranny?
I was not there and I'm not sure I'm getting the full picture but my gut tells me BOTH sides went looking for a fight. Sounds like they BOTH had paintball guns. I don't think either side should be considered innocent and it just reinforces my opinion that extremes are dangerous to democracy, whatever their ideology.

I was not there and I'm not sure I'm getting the full picture but my gut tells me BOTH sides went looking for a fight. Sounds like they BOTH had paintball guns. I don't think either side should be considered innocent and it just reinforces my opinion that extremes are dangerous to democracy, whatever their ideology.

In your post, you bravely set forth what I though was a pretty good rule of thumb as to who was the aggressor,

ie, who had the rally and who showed up at the other person;s rally.

You assumed, based on the vague and misleading reporting by the msm that antifa had a rally and the Proud Boys showed up there, to attack it.

But, now that we see that the opposite happened,, you are walking back your previous standard.

Alang. Antifa is using violence AGAINST FREE SPEECH.

The Proud Boys are using violence to DEFEND FREE SPEECH.

Are you really so committed to your side, that you will stand AGAINST FREEDOM OF SPEECH, one of the most basic Civil RIghts?

Not letting people use violence to shut down Free Speech, is what the Proud Boys are doing.

That you oppose that, shows that you are at heart, a Marxist and a want a be tyrant.
You guys glorify violence.

He edited the final copy of the HIllary report changing it from a finding requiring criminal charges to one NOT requiring criminal charges. That was clearly a political move and that it was allowed by the FBI as a whole, shows that the FBI as a whole has been politicized and is now allied with the dem party.
Not changing the text would also have been a political move. Comey wanted to condemn Clinton but not bring criminal charges:

In your post, you bravely set forth what I though was a pretty good rule of thumb as to who was the aggressor,

ie, who had the rally and who showed up at the other person;s rally.

You assumed, based on the vague and misleading reporting by the msm that antifa had a rally and the Proud Boys showed up there, to attack it.

But, now that we see that the opposite happened,, you are walking back your previous standard.

Alang. Antifa is using violence AGAINST FREE SPEECH.

The Proud Boys are using violence to DEFEND FREE SPEECH.

Are you really so committed to your side, that you will stand AGAINST FREEDOM OF SPEECH, one of the most basic Civil RIghts?
First off, I'm not defending Antifa, they went to the PB rally armed with paintball guns. Secondly, the PB came to Portland because Antifa was there and they too came armed. Sorry but there are no good guys in this story, each side is defending THEIR free speech and are AGAINST the free speech of the other side.

You guys glorify violence.

Yes, violence to a good end, yes, we do glorify that.

The Revolutionary War, WWII, and the Proud Boys, beating up marxist brownshirts.

Such violence needs to be "glorified" by a healthy society, because the male members of the society, need to be prepared to do such violence, in defense of the society, or themselves and families.

Societies that don't do that, die.

Forum List

Back