Debate Now Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

I think adding religion and anything about animals is not an argument. Animals bred to reproduce not for love. To allow a religious debate stating it has anything to do with a choice or changing a persons mind takes us back to the days when women and men were required to pair for reproduction.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I think adding religion and anything about animals is not an argument. Animals bred to reproduce not for love. To allow a religious debate stating it has anything to do with a choice or changing a persons mind takes us back to the days when women and men were required to pair for reproduction.

Male pairing with female is a requirement for reproduction. You may put a test tube between the two, but the pairing of a glass tube and a woman produces nothing without the male participation.

I suspect that homosexuality is part genetic and part choice. For those that think choice has nothing to do with it, I've got a name for you: Anne Heche.

I know out of the 100% of homosexuals I know 100% of them said they knew they were different young. When the we're old enough to experience an attraction for the opposite sex,they weren't. Then they made the choice to hide or embrace their desire.

Hi Jully Rowe Davis
and thanks for joining and adding your input.

What about someone's personal SPIRITUAL identity? I find that if someone identifies as any part of the LGBTQ spectrum, that is as personal and important to that person as someone's identity as an atheist, Christian or Muslim in expressing their beliefs and ways of life.

So I think this is about respecting people's beliefs for THEMSELVES but also not projecting or imposing those beliefs on others through public policy.

The issue of BELIEFS goes both ways, govt can NEITHER "prohibit nor establish" it. It is up to the people to respect each other's beliefs.

And with the LGBTQ spectrum, clearly those beliefs are all over the place.

That's it. No fancy thesis, no viewpoint of my own (yet). All that lies here is a challenge to you the reader to prove the origins of homosexuality. Who here can make the more compelling case for their side?

The rules are as follows:

1. No ad hominem (personal attacks)
2. No mention of any political party (Conservative, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, et cetera).
3. No anti-Gay or anti-Christian commentary.
4. All arguments must be substantiated by citing credible and scientific sources.
5. No arguments based on emotional viewpoints.
6. No discussion regarding religious or non religious views of Homosexuality. Let the science (or your interpretation therein) do the talking.
7. Attempts to derail this thread will be actively reported to forum staff.
8. This thread will be governed under "Zone 1" regulations.
Pretty simple. Its genetic.

Proof? When do people decide they are going to not be homosexual?

So, the question becomes ....

Are gays attracted to each other because they aren't attracted to the other sex, or are those who aren't attracted to the other sex, so they became gay?

Are gays people who can't deal with the opposite sex, and seek refuge in gay sex to satisfy their inherent need for intimacy?

Are gay guys the ones who can't get a girl, or do they not want a girl because they're gay?

When do people decide they are not going to be a homosexual? Every moment of every day when they don't choose to try to become a homosexual.

If something in one's childhood causes homosexuality (e.g. sodomized children), then it wouldn't be genetic, even though they didn't simply "decide" to be a homosexual.

Do you deny that t here are homosexuals who didn't consider themselves homosexual at some point when they decided to experiment with homosexuality?

If it's genetic, why have researchers failed to identify the genes that cause it?

How come in studies of identical twins, twins with the same genes, one twin being a homosexual doesn't establish that the other twin is also a homosexual?

When does a fat person choose to be fat? Are you saying fat people bear no responsibility for their obesity?

Yes, it is pretty simple and in many times over, the case for homosexuality being a genetic aberration fails.

When do people decide they are not going to be a homosexual? Every moment of every day when they don't choose to try to become a homosexual.

If something in one's childhood causes homosexuality (e.g. sodomized children), then it wouldn't be genetic, even though they didn't simply "decide" to be a homosexual.

Do you deny that t here are homosexuals who didn't consider themselves homosexual at some point when they decided to experiment with homosexuality?

If it's genetic, why have researchers failed to identify the genes that cause it?

How come in studies of identical twins, twins with the same genes, one twin being a homosexual doesn't establish that the other twin is also a homosexual?

When does a fat person choose to be fat? Are you saying fat people bear no responsibility for their obesity?

Yes, it is pretty simple and in many times over, the case for homosexuality being a genetic aberration fails.
Youre missing my point. I am a heterosexual. I didnt make a decision. I was just attracted to women since I was 4 years old. It was probably sooner but I cant remember.

Homosexuality is not a decision. Its genetic. You may engage in homosexual behavior but that doesnt make you a true homosexual.

Yes I deny that. If you didnt know from the jump you were gay then youre not really gay. Youre confused or brainwashed.

There are a lot of things that are genetic that researchers havent discovered. You give them too much credit. They arent smart enough to know what to look for yet.

How do you know the other twin isnt homosexual? Because he said so?

A fat person chooses to be fat when they over eat or eat the foods that make them fat. If they worked out and refrained from eating those foods they wouldnt be fat. Yes you are responsible for what you eat. Its not their fault thats what is given to them by the food industry but no one forced them to chew it up and swallow it. The only time when that is not true is when the body has a condition that causes it to not respond normally to exercise and healthy eating.

Youre missing my point. I am a heterosexual. I didnt make a decision. I was just attracted to women since I was 4 years old. It was probably sooner but I cant remember.

Have you ever tried to be a homosexual? If not, then you made the decision to be straight. How is a 4-year-old sexually attracted to anyone when they're pre-pubescent? Maybe you're confusing what you were taught (girls=nice, pretty, partners) with sexual attraction?

There are a lot of things that are genetic that researchers havent discovered. You give them too much credit. They arent smart enough to know what to look for yet.

Scientists have discovered thousands of genes causing thousands of conditions. And, they haven't even looked for most of these genes as hard as for homosexual jeans.

We're suppose to trust homosexuals when they say they feel they were born that way? But, we're not suppose to trust heterosexuals when they say they're heterosexual?

A fat person chooses to be fat when they over eat or eat the foods that make them fat.

No one chooses to be fat, yet you concede their obesity is not genetically determined. So, your argument that no one [allegedly] chooses to be a homosexual doesn't mean that homosexuality is genetic. Maybe if homosexuals didn't sexually reinforce homosexual desires, they wouldn't be homosexual?

Have you ever tried to be a homosexual? If not, then you made the decision to be straight. How is a 4-year-old sexually attracted to anyone when they're pre-pubescent? Maybe you're confusing what you were taught (girls=nice, pretty, partners) with sexual attraction?

Scientists have discovered thousands of genes causing thousands of conditions. And, they haven't even looked for most of these genes as hard as for homosexual jeans.

We're suppose to trust homosexuals when they say they feel they were born that way? But, we're not suppose to trust heterosexuals when they say they're heterosexual?

A fat person chooses to be fat when they over eat or eat the foods that make them fat.

No one chooses to be fat, yet you concede their obesity is not genetically determined. So, your argument that no one [allegedly] chooses to be a homosexual doesn't mean that homosexuality is genetic. Maybe if homosexuals didn't sexually reinforce homosexual desires, they wouldn't be homosexual?
That doesnt make any sense. I didnt try to be a heterosexual or homosexual. i was born a heterosexual. I dont know how. Obviously it was genetics All I know is my dick got hard when I was around women and I was attracted to booty and breasts.

Just because they discovered thousands of genes doesnt mean they discovered the specific gene or combination of genes that makes a person gay.

I trust anyone that says they felt attracted to the same sex from birth as opposed to someone that claims to have woke up one day and said I decided to be straight. Did you make the conscious decision to be straight or gay?

Lots of people choose to be fat. Its considered a social norm in some groups. Thats correct. What they put in their body isnt genetic. Its food.

Forum List

Back