Public Health Be Damned: Nurse Tantrum Shows Depth of American Scientific Blindness

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
This is what the cutting edge of our medical community had to say about keeping the public safe from ebola [paraphrased]

"waa waa waaaaaa! My rights. Me. me me me I I I I. I am brave. I went to Africa and treated ebola so my body is superior and my rights are superior even to the public's health.. Waaaa! I can take months out of my life to slave over sick and dying people in Africa to maybe save a few lives there but I REFUSE to stay inside for 21 days when I get back to American to save an entire region from an outbreak! I'm going to sue governor Christie! Waaaaaaaa! :crybaby:

I was taking poetic license with her words. But I'll tell you, listen to her interview with CNN's Candy Crowley and your jaw will drop. The tone of her voice is arrogant, whiney, even aggressive. Thank goodness our health, science and sane thinking are in the hands of the far-left-leaning medical community. I can't imagine where this lack of objective thinking on behalf of the uber left "medical community" has taken us before...oh wait...tranny surgeries to amputate healthy organs to complete a mental delusion...

OK, point well taken.

But other medical witchdoctory aside, this nurse is a perfect living [mentally] ill-ustration of what extremes a society will go to make sure everyone agrees the naked Emperor is sporting "really fine clothes".

She is patently selfish and self-absorbed to the point of pathology. I literally felt like I was listening to a sociopath in that interview. And this nurse is ...*drum roll*.....AN EPIDEMIOLOGIST.. :eek-52:
Here are some excerpts:
...Hickox, an epidemiologist who was working to help treat Ebola patients in Sierra Leone, has tested negative twice for Ebola and does not have symptoms, she said. She is quarantined for 21 days at University Hospital in Newark.
"This is an extreme that is really unacceptable, and I feel like my basic human rights have been violated," Hickox told CNN's Candy Crowley on "State of the Union."
She described herself as "physically strong" but "emotionally exhausted."
"To put me through this emotional and physical stress is completely unacceptable," she said...
Little Miss Snit has her knickers in a twist over protecting the public health..
...Hickox told Crowley that mandatory quarantine is "not a sound public health decision" and that public health officials -- not politicians -- should be making the policies related to Ebola and public safety.
"For the first 12 hours, I was in shock. Now I'm angry," she added....
Enter, the lawyers!...God Bless America...
Lawyer Norman Siegal, former director of the New York Civil Liberties Union, said he'll be filing papers in court for Hickox to have a hearing no later than five days from the start of her confinement.
He said the doctors at the hospital say there's no medical reason to hold her. The policy Christie enacted is unconstitutional and too broad, he said.
"We need to know what the medical facts are and not rely on politicians who have their own vested interests," he said. Quarantined nurse slams state Ebola policy - CNN.com
Defense attorney for Christie: "Mr. Siegal, have you seen the video on a person sneezing in Silhouette's thread at USMB?...." Doctors Without Common Sense Ebola Without Borders Mandatory Quarantine Time. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
and how many weeks since all in the US was going to die from Ebola, yet drunk driving deaths soar way past the Ebola epidemic?
Drunk driving deaths and the flu do not fell healthy strapping adults by mere bodily fluid contact. When those healthiest of our society are falling to a disease that kills at about 70% average rate.

Your compasion between drunk driving and ebola is like saying we should ignore tuburculosis because lots of people sprain their ankles.

In other words, you are insane.

There are two main points to Level IV BioContainment protocols for handling filoviruses like Ebola: first, the doctor wears a spacesuit so he cannot contact it and second and more importantly, the disease is contained in a sealed and controlled environment to keep it from finding a new host.

It seems to be that the Obama Administration and this nurse are acting in concert to defeat the second purpose.

and how many weeks since all in the US was going to die from Ebola, yet drunk driving deaths soar way past the Ebola epidemic?
Drunk driving deaths and the flu do not fell healthy strapping adults by mere bodily fluid contact. When those healthiest of our society are falling to a disease that kills at about 70% average rate.

Your compasion between drunk driving and ebola is like saying we should ignore tuburculosis because lots of people sprain their ankles.

In other words, you are insane.
in a ration comparison Ebola has yet to kill as many people as a mass murderer in the USA...But please run amok if you like...

This is what the cutting edge of our medical community had to say about keeping the public safe from ebola [paraphrased]

"waa waa waaaaaa! My rights. Me. me me me I I I I. I am brave. I went to Africa and treated ebola so my body is superior and my rights are superior even to the public's health.. Waaaa! I can take months out of my life to slave over sick and dying people in Africa to maybe save a few lives there but I REFUSE to stay inside for 21 days when I get back to American to save an entire region from an outbreak! I'm going to sue governor Christie! Waaaaaaaa! :crybaby:

I was taking poetic license with her words. But I'll tell you, listen to her interview with CNN's Candy Crowley and your jaw will drop. The tone of her voice is arrogant, whiney, even aggressive. Thank goodness our health, science and sane thinking are in the hands of the far-left-leaning medical community. I can't imagine where this lack of objective thinking on behalf of the uber left "medical community" has taken us before...oh wait...tranny surgeries to amputate healthy organs to complete a mental delusion...

OK, point well taken.

But other medical witchdoctory aside, this nurse is a perfect living [mentally] ill-ustration of what extremes a society will go to make sure everyone agrees the naked Emperor is sporting "really fine clothes".

She is patently selfish and self-absorbed to the point of pathology. I literally felt like I was listening to a sociopath in that interview. And this nurse is ...*drum roll*.....AN EPIDEMIOLOGIST.. :eek-52:
Here are some excerpts:
...Hickox, an epidemiologist who was working to help treat Ebola patients in Sierra Leone, has tested negative twice for Ebola and does not have symptoms, she said. She is quarantined for 21 days at University Hospital in Newark.
"This is an extreme that is really unacceptable, and I feel like my basic human rights have been violated," Hickox told CNN's Candy Crowley on "State of the Union."
She described herself as "physically strong" but "emotionally exhausted."
"To put me through this emotional and physical stress is completely unacceptable," she said...
Little Miss Snit has her knickers in a twist over protecting the public health..
...Hickox told Crowley that mandatory quarantine is "not a sound public health decision" and that public health officials -- not politicians -- should be making the policies related to Ebola and public safety.
"For the first 12 hours, I was in shock. Now I'm angry," she added....
Enter, the lawyers!...God Bless America...
Lawyer Norman Siegal, former director of the New York Civil Liberties Union, said he'll be filing papers in court for Hickox to have a hearing no later than five days from the start of her confinement.
He said the doctors at the hospital say there's no medical reason to hold her. The policy Christie enacted is unconstitutional and too broad, he said.
"We need to know what the medical facts are and not rely on politicians who have their own vested interests," he said. Quarantined nurse slams state Ebola policy - CNN.com
Defense attorney for Christie: "Mr. Siegal, have you seen the video on a person sneezing in Silhouette's thread at USMB?...." Doctors Without Common Sense Ebola Without Borders Mandatory Quarantine Time. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
That prick from Doctors Without Borders is the cause of her grief.

Because of him, nobody can be trusted to "self-monitor".

She should get the fuck over it.

So the nurse in quarantine is suing "the government" [the Christie Administration]. I can hear Rachael Maddow foaming at the mouth already. Hope the democratic party has a curb chain on her; the public sentiment isn't going to be swayed. Here's why: people are PC to a point. This is delicious. Because not only are the same crew infected with the PC-virus, but they are also exceedingly narcissistic and utterly blind to reason. So when push comes to shove, guess where this group will default to?

Yep.

Common sense and self-preservation, not necessarily in that order. The uber-left thinks it has a cause. Should be interesting to see how being self unaware plays out for this unwanted faction of the democratic party so close to a pivotal election.. :popcorn:

BTW, if Christie DIDN'T quarantine this nurse and she gave people ebola by similar recklessness to the Dr. in NYNY, Christie's administration would be fending of hundreds of lawsuits for not protecting the public when common sense [even outside of "medical" "good sense"] dictates he should have acted.

Translation: Christie did the right thing.

There are two main points to Level IV BioContainment protocols for handling filoviruses like Ebola: first, the doctor wears a spacesuit so he cannot contact it and second and more importantly, the disease is contained in a sealed and controlled environment to keep it from finding a new host.

It seems to be that the Obama Administration and this nurse are acting in concert to defeat the second purpose.
If the guys and gals in the space suits are getting it, who the fuck is Obama to say a doctor with Ebola out on the town in NYC can't spread it?

I wish he had invited Ebola Doc to the White House to dine.

The state, which Crusader Frank loves, has the right to quarantine folks for the public's health concerns.

The officials, however, put her in a windowless cell, took her phone and hand bag, would tell her where she was or what she was being held for, then questioned her for hours before putting her in quarantine lock down.

The officials are now backing down.

The state, which Crusader Frank loves, has the right to quarantine folks for the public's health concerns.

The officials, however, put her in a windowless cell, took her phone and hand bag, would tell her where she was or what she was being held for, then questioned her for hours before putting her in quarantine lock down.

Like I said, she is paying because some arrogant NYC doc made an ass of himself and violated any Ebola protocols that might exist.

Christie is more concerned about being Hillary's running mate than about the public safety.

Christie is more concerned about being Hillary's running mate than about the public safety.

You back tracking fascist. :lol:

If the guys and gals in the space suits are getting it, who the fuck is Obama to say a doctor with Ebola out on the town in NYC can't spread it?

I wish he had invited Ebola Doc to the White House to dine.
That would never happen because the federal government would act to make sure there was no chance he'd get infected.

Get the irony? The hypocrisy?

Anyone in government advocating that ebola risks go free must be required to empty bedpans of ebola patients for a week.

Last edited:
It's quite possible that the OP is going to die of fright one of these days. I've rarely see someone get so freaked out over something that will never harm her.

It's quite possible that the OP is going to die of fright one of these days. I've rarely see someone get so freaked out over something that will never harm her.
Right, as a human I'm immune to ebola. Just like you. Are you going to volunteer to help clean Dr. Spencer's bedpans in NY anytime soon? No? Why not? Afraid of something?

Forum List

Back