Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22768648
Trump had higher growth with tax cuts than Obama had with tax hikes.

TrumpO does not have higher growth than Obama, liar. He is tied with Obama for single year GDP at 2.9%. You know that.

For that tie, we must ask ourselves, which policy has actually produced the better result in terms of the overall economic health of our country?

According to Emily Cochrane, Alan Rappeport and Jim Tankersley on July 22, 2019 in The NY Times, “The federal budget deficit has increased by an average of 15 percent for each fiscal year he [TrumpO] has been in office.

Or

In [Obama’s] second term, deficits fell by an average of 11 percent per fiscal year.

• As president, Mr. Trump has overseen both a binge in discretionary spending, the part of the federal budget governed by annual spending bills, and a plunge in expected tax revenues as a result of the tax cuts that stand as his signature legislative achievement. The federal budget deficit has increased by an average of 15 percent for each fiscal year he has been in office.

Mr. Obama ran large deficits in his first term in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis. But in his second term, deficits fell by an average of 11 percent per fiscal year. Federal Budget Would Raise Spending by $320 Billion

Although Obama's 2.9 high growth is tied with TrumpO’s 2.9 high growth, TrumpO increased government spending and reduced government revenue to get his.

With TrumpO's trillion dollar deficits piling up on our future, will it be worth it for TrumpO to claim his “tie” at 2.9% GDP in 2018 growth was the greatest economy in US history?

TrumpO does not have higher growth than Obama, liar. He is tied with Obama for single year GDP at 2.9%.

If each had only served one year with that growth rate, you'd be right, but that's not the case.

Can you name 5 things he did that actually helped the economy?

Do you count cutting spending and reducing the size of the deficit as ‘helping’ it ‘hindering’ economic growth?

Who knows what you think Toddster.

Welcome to Greece on Steroids. thank you TrumpO.

“When you hit $24 trillion, and we’re going to be there very soon, because it’s building up very quickly . . . when we hit that $24 trillion number, we become Greece on steroids,” he said in August 2015. “I mean, we have a lot of problems in this country.”

In his second term Obama reduced the debt every year by reducing government spending.

That’s not good for higher GDP but good for debt reduction

TrumpO has boosted government spending and cut revenue to get one year of GDP at 2.8.

Obama’s 2.9 cane with decreased spending and lower debt.

TrumpO’s 2.9 comes with increased spending and higher debt.

You tell us which is better and ‘helps’ the economy.

Do you count cutting spending and reducing the size of the deficit as ‘helping’ it ‘hindering’ economic growth?

Obama cut spending? When? Link?

Obama’s 2.9 cane with decreased spending and lower debt.

0% rates and $1.4 trillion in QE is cool. Obama never lowered the debt.

Obama never lowered the debt.

Yes he did, idiot. 3 years removed from the Great Bush Recession he lowered the annual deficit

In his second term Obama reduced the debt every year by reducing government spending.

NotfooledbyW, post: 22775734,
In [Obama’s] second term, deficits fell by an average of 11 percent per fiscal year.

Trump is increasing the debt by 15% per fiscal year.

Why is that? And do you think TrumpO is making America great by running up the debt after Obama’s had the deficits going down four for years.

i wrote: TrumpO does not have higher growth than Obama, liar. He is tied with Obama for single year GDP at 2.9%

Toddsterpatriot, post: 2277761

If each had only served one year with that growth rate, you'd be right, but that's not the case.

Idiot. TrumpO said "Obama is the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth," Trump said during an Oct. 28 campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.

Obama had served 7.75 years when TrumpO disparaged Obama’s record based on a single year never getting above 3.0% growth.

TrumoO has served 2.5 years and has not had a single year above 3.% growth.

TrumpO does not have higher growth than Obama. And it’s not likely that he never will.

TrumpO’s stimulus has fizzled out. No boom from that tax cut fiasco.

Yes he did, idiot. 3 years removed from the Great Bush Recession he lowered the annual deficit

NotfooledbyW, post: 22775734,

Trump is increasing the debt by 15% per fiscal year.

Why is that? And do you think TrumpO is making America great by running up the debt after Obama’s had the deficits going down four for years.

Yes he did, idiot.

No he didn't, moron.

3 years removed from the Great Bush Recession he lowered the annual deficit

Now that you've admitted you don't understand the difference between national debt and annual deficit......

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22779332
Now that you've admitted you don't understand the difference between national debt and annual deficit.....

I know the difference and I know that you are an idiot for not knowing that lower deficits means lower debt.

Obama’s first term added debt as needed to recover from the Great Bush Recession.

Obama’s second term brought lower deficits and that lowered the total debt of the nation.

TrumpO on the other hand has been increasing the deficit year after year.

In FY 2016 the federal deficit was $585 billion.

In FY 2017 the federal deficit was $665 billion.

In FY 2018 the federal deficit was $779 billion.

In FY 2019, the federal government projects the deficit will be $1,092 billion.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22779332
Now that you've admitted you don't understand the difference between national debt and annual deficit.....

I know the difference and I know that you are an idiot for not knowing that lower deficits means lower debt.

Obama’s first term added debt as needed to recover from the Great Bush Recession.

Obama’s second term brought lower deficits and that lowered the total debt of the nation.

TrumpO on the other hand has been increasing the deficit year after year.

In FY 2016 the federal deficit was $585 billion.

In FY 2017 the federal deficit was $665 billion.

In FY 2018 the federal deficit was $779 billion.

In FY 2019, the federal government projects the deficit will be $1,092 billion.

lower deficits means lower debt.

FFS, no it doesn't.

Nope. Every single deficit made the debt higher, none made it lower.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22781325
Nope. Every single deficit made the debt higher, none made it lower

It made the debt lower than it wiuid have been with a higher deficit. You moron.

If you think Obama’s 586 billion deficit adds as much to the debt as TrumpO’s 1000 billion deficit does you are indeed a moron.

Nope. Every single deficit made the debt higher, none made it lower

It made the debt lower than it wiuid have been with a higher deficit. You moron.

If you think Obama’s 586 billion deficit adds as much to the debt as TrumpO’s 1000 billion deficit does you are indeed a moron.

You have to be an idiot to claim a $586 billion deficit reduced the debt.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22781492,

You incompetent illiterate moron. The 586 billion deficit happened in 2016 right. The national debt is an accumulated total right.

So TrumpO has increased spending and eliminated revenue to the tune of a projected 1,000 billion deficit for 2019.

So you tell me had Obama produced a 1000 billion deficit in 2016 that it wouid not have added 414 billion to the nation’s debt in 2017.

It was 586 billion. The opposite of ‘added’ is ‘reduced’. I am correct. You are the idiot as usual.

The National debt was lower than it wouid have been in 2017 had Obama spent more and cut revenue as terribly as TrumpO has since taking office.

Your have to admit that once out of the shadow of the Great Bush Recession Obama’s Presidency was close to being twice fiscally responsible as the TrumpO sham as measured by deficits in roughly the same GDP economic conditions.

Last edited:
Toddsterpatriot, post: 22781492,

You incompetent illiterate moron. The 586 billion deficit happened in 2016 right. The national debt is an accumulated total right.

So TrumpO has increased spending and eliminated revenue to the tune of a projected 1,000 billion deficit for 2019.

So you tell me had Obama produced a 1000 billion deficit in 2016 that it wouid not have added 414 billion to the nation’s debt in 2017.

It was 586 billion. The opposite of ‘added’ is ‘reduced’. I am correct. You are the idiot as usual.

The National debt was lower than it wouid have been in 2017 had Obama spent more and cut revenue as terribly as TrumpO has since taking office.

Your have to admit that once out of the shadow of the Great Bush Recession Obama’s Presidency was close to being twice fiscally responsible as the TrumpO sham as measured by deficits in roughly the same GDP economic conditions.

The 586 billion deficit happened in 2016 right. The national debt is an accumulated total right.

So you'll stop lying and claiming Obama reduced the debt? Awesome!

The opposite of ‘added’ is ‘reduced’.

The debt in 2016 was larger than the debt in 2015.
Because Obama added to the debt and didn't reduce the debt.

I wrote: The opposite of ‘added’ is ‘reduced’.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22783261

I didn’t say that Obama didn’t add to the debt.

I see you didn’t reply to my full statement:

NotfooledbyW, post: 22782252

So if you can’t tell me that if Obama had produced a $1000 billion deficit in 2016 that it wouid not have added $414 billion to the nation’s debt in 2017 don’t bother to reply.

Lower deficits produce lower debt than higher deficits. That is a fact,

This might explain TrumpO’s $1000 billion deficits or worse this year.

His tax cuts have turned out to be a massive fail.

The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2019 is 1.3 percent on July 25, down from 1.6 percent on July 17.

Last edited:
I wrote: The opposite of ‘added’ is ‘reduced’.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22783261

I see you didn’t reply to my full statement:

NotfooledbyW, post: 22782252

So if you can’t tell me that if Obama had produced a $1000 billion deficit in 2016 that it wouid not have added $414 billion to the nation’s debt in 2017 don’t bother to reply.

Lower deficits produce lower debt than higher deficits. That is a fact,

This might explain TrumpO’s $1000 billion deficits or worse this year.

His tax cuts have turned out to be a massive fail.

The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2019 is 1.3 percent on July 25, down from 1.6 percent on July 17.

You're lying.

upload_2019-7-25_13-17-27.png

Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

Is that clear enough?
Maybe I should zoom in?

upload_2019-7-25_13-18-44.png

Clear yet?

upload_2019-7-25_13-19-37.png

How about now?

That's twice in post #1240. Obama "reduced the debt every year" or Obama "...….lower debt"

Were you lying? Or just mistaken?

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22784810
That's twice in post #1240. Obama "reduced the debt every year" or Obama "...….lower debt"

You leave out that I was referring to Obama’s second term. Obama reduced debt by reducing deficits on average 11% compared to his first term with much higher deficits.

I was contrasting that with TrumpO going the opposite direction by increasing debt by 15% because of higher deficits.

Now if you can convince me mathematically that lower deficits do not lower debt and that higher deficits do not increase debt then you can call me a liar,

Until you do you are still a moron.

Looks like you are stuck being a moron / no way out.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22784810

You leave out that I was referring to Obama’s second term. Obama reduced debt by reducing deficits on average 11% compared to his first term with much higher deficits.

I was contrasting that with TrumpO going the opposite direction by increasing debt by 15% because of higher deficits.

Now if you can convince me mathematically that lower deficits do not lower debt and that higher deficits do not increase debt then you can call me a liar,

Until you do you are still a moron.

Looks like you are stuck being a moron / no way out.

You leave out that I was referring to Obama’s second term.

The debt was higher every year under Obama.

Now if you can convince me mathematically that lower deficits do not lower debt

Every deficit increases the national debt.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22786691

I didn’t say it doesn’t.

What would you prefer happen this year? Obama’s 2016 deficit st $586bn or TrumpO’s $1000bn?

So tell me why you prefer the $586 billion even though Obama did it.

Would the nation’s debt be lower, less, reduced if TrumpO could reduce his 2019 deficit to Obama’s 2016 level?

Thank you in advance for admitting you are a moron.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22786691

I didn’t say it doesn’t.

What would you prefer happen this year? Obama’s 2016 deficit st $586bn or TrumpO’s $1000bn?

So tell me why you prefer the $586 billion even though Obama did it.

Would the nation’s debt be lower, less, reduced if TrumpO could reduce his 2019 deficit to Obama’s 2016 level?

Thank you in advance for admitting you are a moron.

I didn’t say it doesn’t.

Ummm…..

Now if you can convince me mathematically that lower deficits do not lower debt

Now you realize lower deficits don't lower debt? Excellent!

It'd be okay to admit you misspoke.....

upload_2019-7-25_20-57-12.png

Just say you meant to say...

In his second term Obama reduced the deficit every year by reducing government spending.

Running around pretending you didn't make a mistake just makes you look like an even bigger moron.

I wrote: Obama’s second term brought lower deficits and that lowered the total debt of the nation.

Is every single deficit exactly the same amount?

Do you agree that (A) and (B) are true?

(A) “The debt is the total amount of money the U.S. government owes. It represents the accumulation of past deficits, minus surpluses. ...”

(B) “A deficit year increases the debt, while a surplus year decreases the debt as more money is received than spent”

So why are you arguing there is no relationship between the total amount of a deficit year and the accumulated total of all the past deficit years minus surpluses?

I wrote: Obama’s second term brought lower deficits and that lowered the total debt of the nation.

Is every single deficit exactly the same amount?

Do you agree that (A) and (B) are true?

(A) “The debt is the total amount of money the U.S. government owes. It represents the accumulation of past deficits, minus surpluses. ...”

(B) “A deficit year increases the debt, while a surplus year decreases the debt as more money is received than spent”

So why are you arguing there is no relationship between the total amount of a deficit year and the accumulated total of all the past deficit years minus surpluses?

Obama didn't reduce the debt. Obama didn't lower the debt. Not even once. Not even a little.
You misspoke. Stop digging.

I wrote: Now if you can convince me mathematically that lower deficits do not lower debt.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22787222
Now you realize lower deficits don't lower debt? Excellent!

You are a complete moron to say that.

You are saying there is no relationship between the total amount of each deficit year and the total amount of the national debt.

You guys

They don’t make very many TrumpO goons much dumber than you.

Forum List

Back