Qaddafi and sons leave libya

It would'nt have been possible w/o the President supplying U.S. power to take out AA batteries, air facilities, etc... at the beginning of the campaign. The U.S. was the only power w/ the advanced sensors/weaponry to do that.

Well congrats. Let's applaud Obama on defending us from the great threat to the US that Qaddafi was.

Did you read ANYTHING about the reason for the participation in this operation? :eusa_wall: It was to prevent Qaddafi from massacreing his own people. Geez!!! :eusa_eh:

Yeah. Sure it was.....

oh yeah? What are we Yanks saying that amuses you this time?

Libya is being freed from the yoke of tyranny (although what it is going to be replaced with is unknown at this stage) and all you Yanks are going on about is who does or doesn't get the credit.

As per usual for such an ego/ethnocentric society it's all about ME ME ME !!

Actually I've been asking what is going to happen and who will be in charge in Libya, you notice no one seems to want to attempt an answer.

Its an asisine redundant question.

We all already know that there's no way to know the answer tob that at this time.

So why ask it dunce?

It would'nt have been possible w/o the President supplying U.S. power to take out AA batteries, air facilities, etc... at the beginning of the campaign. The U.S. was the only power w/ the advanced sensors/weaponry to do that.

Well congrats. Let's applaud Obama on defending us from the great threat to the US that Qaddafi was.

Did you read ANYTHING about the reason for the participation in this operation? :eusa_wall: It was to prevent Qaddafi from massacreing his own people. Geez!!! :eusa_eh: If I remember correctly, the Repubs messiah- Reagan wasn't too fond of him either but let him remain in power ;)

WOW what a double standard. You left turds bashed bush because it was said he went to I Iraq to defend the Iraqis in the north.

Did you read ANYTHING about the reason for the participation in this operation? :eusa_wall: It was to prevent Qaddafi from massacreing his own people. Geez!!! :eusa_eh: If I remember correctly, the Repubs messiah- Reagan wasn't too fond of him either but let him remain in power ;)

WOW what a double standard. You left turds bashed bush because it was said he went to I Iraq to defend the Iraqis in the north.

It was bullshit when Bush did and it's bullshit now that Obama's doing it.

oh yeah? What are we Yanks saying that amuses you this time?

Libya is being freed from the yoke of tyranny (although what it is going to be replaced with is unknown at this stage) and all you Yanks are going on about is who does or doesn't get the credit.

As per usual for such an ego/ethnocentric society it's all about ME ME ME !!

Actually I've been asking what is going to happen and who will be in charge in Libya, you notice no one seems to want to attempt an answer.

It does appear that there is secular council of sorts in charge of the rebels. They seem to be pretty organised at the moment. No doubt they will split into factions over the next few months. However, if they do it right, they could be OK.... The world is watching and their diplomats know this...

It was bullshit when Bush did and it's bullshit now that Obama's doing it.

I didn't say it was true, just pointing out the bullshit of the left.
Bush supposedly did it and they bitched and called it a lie, obama does it and everything is great.

Can't wait to see what RuperTV/Fox spins about this on Monday LOL. BTW- BOTH Republican- instigated operations are close to 10 yrs going and over $5 trillion +/- on this great nation's (read-"children's/future generation's") credit card. Last I heard The admin had only spent < 1.5 billion +/- on Libya.

brittv.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what RuperTV/Fox spins about this on Monday LOL. BTW- BOTH Republican- instigated operations are close to 10 yrs going and over $5 trillion +/- on the nation's (read-"children's/future generation's") credit card. Last I heard The admin had only spent < 1.5 billion +/- on Libya.

brittv.jpg

Actually bush got the admitted mastermind of 9/11 try again

43 said al qaeda was there along w/ weapons of mass destruction dummy :eusa_eh: Turns out they only went there after Bush II invaded. You aint that bright. :eusa_hand: Go back to the Oathkeeper thread :eusa_shhh: :lol:

Gaddafi Safe With Obama - Conservative Voices

Libya&#8217;s leader Muammar al-Gaddafi has a bright future with President Obama running America&#8217;s foreign policy if the messages to the dictator coming from the White House are trustworthy.

Analysis: Obama Mum on Qaddafi

Republican Senators John Kyl and Mark Kirk released a joint statement calling upon Obama to speak out clearly in support of the Libyan people. Some Republicans. such as former House Speaker Newt Gingrich enjoyed goading the president. Gingrich accused Obama of practicing a conspiracy of silence when dealing with anti-American governments such as Libya and Iran.

At a Tea Party event in South Carolina, another Republican presidential hopeful and conservative favorite, representative Michele Bachman, gave her audience plenty of sound bites when she accused "Our Peace Prize-winning president" of fawning over dictators and potentates.

Noted columnist Charles Krauthammer repeated the accusation: "If you are ally of the United States, Israel, Egypt, Honduras, elsewhere; Obama is not a friend. If you are an enemy of the United States he might give you a pass,"

Obama Should Impose No-Fly Zone on Libya and Aid Insurgents, Senators Say

Speaking on the same program, McCain said: "I understand that America's security and safety of American citizens is our highest priority. It is not our only priority." He said, "The British prime minister and the French president and others were not hesitant and they have citizens in that country."

Sarah Palin upset with Obama, again

"We should not be afraid of freedom, especially when it comes to people suffering under a brutal enemy of America," Palin wrote. "Here's to freedom from Gaddafi for the people of Libya."

---------------------------------

FGklCVBRaYOwu_kkWPgj0lLVGY74Ed2wrP3yyOQvMNdICkAwkwyflpw3Qz2Cnzj9vnzm8QqRFwyYhHwsjYhacyUls6_GI1RI4e6H7T7XL38bbgVAYKH6IL7V1QrRlgaWhsLjLsDOQ0wH

Republicans are like "Sour Patch Candies".
First they're Sour
Then they're Sweet

No matter what the President does, they are the "opposite". If he said, "Let's subsidize the oil companies and give money to rich people", Republicans would "Subsidies the oil companies and give money to rich people".

What did you think I was going to say? Republicans would never turn against their "patrons" and "masters".

--------------------------------

Republicans turn to doves over Obama's war in Libya

Republican leaders demanded a written justification of military involvement in Libya from President Obama Wednesday as the traditionally hawkish party shows signs of losing its appetite for war.

Lou Dobbs: Republicans Who Voted "No" on Defunding Obama's War in Libya

After a lot of tough talk and posturing, these are the 89 House Republicans who voted to "no" on defunding the president's war in Libya:

Can't wait to see what RuperTV/Fox spins about this on Monday LOL. BTW- BOTH Republican- instigated operations are close to 10 yrs going and over $5 trillion +/- on the nation's (read-"children's/future generation's") credit card. Last I heard The admin had only spent < 1.5 billion +/- on Libya.

brittv.jpg

Actually bush got the admitted mastermind of 9/11 try again

Are you saying George "I never think about him" Bush?

You mean George "I closed the CIA unit assigned to finding Bin Laden" Bush?

That Bush? That's the Bush that got him? You sure?

As happy as I am that the Libyan people might get the freedom they seek, I'm not sure if the devil they don't know is going to be better than the devil they knew. Tunisia seems to be doing well. Egypt, not so much.

Obama had nothing to do with the Tunisian and Egyptian revolutions. The people of those countries did it all by themselves. As for Libya, France and Italy took the reigns on this, followed by the UK. Obama agreed to be part of a NATO force. That means team, and there's no "i" in team. Obama deserves neither blame nor credit on this... it's all in the hands of the Libyan people themselves and NATO support.

Some posts in this thread seem to think that America actually mattered in all these revolutions. We didn't. NATO would have supported the rebels whether America joined in or not. Being a team player, we went... and probably paid the lion's share of costs involved.

So I wait anxiously and hopefully to see if the Libyans will get their wish, or find like the Egyptians did that tyrants slip easily into a power vacuum. I'm hoping for the best. I'd love to see strong, stable democracies in that part of the world. If it happens, we'd better not be patting ourselves on the back or pointing fingers. We didn't bleed for their freedom. They did.

Last edited:
The 'victors' in this instance are the Libyan people.... not your fucking Messiah, you moron. Honestly, "you people" (the morons of the left) never tire of trying to steal what belongs to other people.

I think it would be rather difficult for Obama to claim credit for anything in Libya, when we had no boot on the ground. However, I don't put it past his supporters to heap the credit onto him.
see comment below dummies
I'd feel better about giving Obama some credit for getting rid of Qaddafi, if I thought he knew what he was doing.

He didn't get rid of him. Europe and the Libyan rebels did.

It would'nt have been possible w/o the President supplying U.S. power IN THE BEGINNING to take out AA batteries, ememy aircraft, air facilities, etc... at the beginning of the campaign. The U.S. was the only power w/ the advanced sensors/weaponry to do that.

Outright lie, as the British were involved in the first NATO strikes in Libya.

As happy as I am that the Libyan people might get the freedom they seek, I'm not sure if the devil they don't know is going to be better than the devil they knew. Tunisia seems to be doing well. Egypt, not so much.

Obama had nothing to do with the Tunisian and Egyptian revolutions. The people of those countries did it all by themselves. As for Libya, France and Italy took the reigns on this, followed by the UK. Obama agreed to be part of a NATO force. That means team, and there's no "i" in team. Obama deserves neither blame nor credit on this... it's all in the hands of the Libyan people themselves and NATO support.

Some posts in this thread seem to think that America actually mattered in all these revolutions. We didn't. NATO would have supported the rebels whether America joined in or not. Being a team player, we went... and probably paid the lion's share of costs involved.

So I wait anxiously and hopefully to see if the Libyans will get their wish, or find like the Egyptians did that tyrants slip easily into a power vacuum. I'm hoping for the best. I'd love to see strong, stable democracies in that part of the world. If it happens, we'd better not be patting ourselves on the back or pointing fingers. We didn't bleed for their freedom. They did.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, these people have never lived in a Democracy, there are warring factions over there, 32 different tribes fighting for power. I don't know but after all the high fiving, the celebration, reality sets in and it might be a reality that none of us want to witness. Civil war could erupt, I certainly hope that the U.N with peace keeping troops move in before all chaos breaks out. If looting begins, which I think it will, many innocent people could be in harm's way. I don't want our people bleeding for their freedom, I don't want American boots on the ground over there.

Last edited:

Libya&#8217;s leader Muammar al-Gaddafi has a bright future with President Obama running America&#8217;s foreign policy if the messages to the dictator coming from the White House are trustworthy.

Republican Senators John Kyl and Mark Kirk released a joint statement calling upon Obama to speak out clearly in support of the Libyan people. Some Republicans. such as former House Speaker Newt Gingrich enjoyed goading the president. Gingrich accused Obama of practicing a conspiracy of silence when dealing with anti-American governments such as Libya and Iran.

At a Tea Party event in South Carolina, another Republican presidential hopeful and conservative favorite, representative Michele Bachman, gave her audience plenty of sound bites when she accused "Our Peace Prize-winning president" of fawning over dictators and potentates.

Noted columnist Charles Krauthammer repeated the accusation: "If you are ally of the United States, Israel, Egypt, Honduras, elsewhere; Obama is not a friend. If you are an enemy of the United States he might give you a pass,"

Speaking on the same program, McCain said: "I understand that America's security and safety of American citizens is our highest priority. It is not our only priority." He said, "The British prime minister and the French president and others were not hesitant and they have citizens in that country."

"We should not be afraid of freedom, especially when it comes to people suffering under a brutal enemy of America," Palin wrote. "Here's to freedom from Gaddafi for the people of Libya."

FGklCVBRaYOwu_kkWPgj0lLVGY74Ed2wrP3yyOQvMNdICkAwkwyflpw3Qz2Cnzj9vnzm8QqRFwyYhHwsjYhacyUls6_GI1RI4e6H7T7XL38bbgVAYKH6IL7V1QrRlgaWhsLjLsDOQ0wH

First they're Sour
Then they're Sweet

No matter what the President does, they are the "opposite". If he said, "Let's subsidize the oil companies and give money to rich people", Republicans would "Subsidies the oil companies and give money to rich people".

What did you think I was going to say? Republicans would never turn against their "patrons" and "masters".

Republican leaders demanded a written justification of military involvement in Libya from President Obama Wednesday as the traditionally hawkish party shows signs of losing its appetite for war.

After a lot of tough talk and posturing, these are the 89 House Republicans who voted to "no" on defunding the president's war in Libya:

Good post. Republicans... :razz::lol::lol::lol:

I'd feel better about giving Obama some credit for getting rid of Qaddafi, if I thought he knew what he was doing.

You better hope that Obama knew what he was doing, there are Al Queda factions in those rebels and if this goes south which I think it will, Obama won't want his name on it. I think there will be a civil war, many of these people are not for Democracy, many want a total Islamic state, there will be a power grab going on with the 32 different tribes and if Obama has his name tied to this action, where many innocent lives could be lost, it's gonna be ugly for him. It already is with our economy, this would be a second death blow for him.

Libya’s leader Muammar al-Gaddafi has a bright future with President Obama running America’s foreign policy if the messages to the dictator coming from the White House are trustworthy.

First they're Sour
Then they're Sweet

Good post. Republicans... :razz::lol::lol::lol:

This isn't over until the fat lady sings and she has not sung on this. We have no idea who these rebels are, many are al queda, Libya has 32 tribes which will all fight for power. This could turn out to be one more disaster for the Obama administration and if we have to put boots on the ground to stem the chaos, he will be blamed for it by all Americans. I am betting tomorrow the party is over and the looting and violence starts.

You better hope that Obama knew what he was doing, there are Al Queda factions in those rebels and if this goes south which I think it will, Obama won't want his name on it. I think there will be a civil war, many of these people are not for Democracy, many want a total Islamic state, there will be a power grab going on with the 32 different tribes and if Obama has his name tied to this action, where many innocent lives could be lost, it's gonna be ugly for him. It already is with our economy, this would be a second death blow for him.

Actually, the reason Bush Sr. stopped at the Iraqi border was because he didn't want to "own" the Iraq mess. Nation building doesn't work. Look at how Bush Jr. and Iraq have helped bankrupt this nation. Not only is there the cost of the 900 billion lost, but thousands of soldiers who have brain and spinal injuries. That will probably cost another trillion. Then there is rebuilding the military and.....oh well, you get the picture. Fortunately, Republicans have passed all that over to Obama. Republicans aren't very good at the "responsibility" thing.

Forum List

Back