Qaddafi and sons leave libya

They wanted to IMPEACH him for Libya. And now he gets no credit?

I rue the day they installed internet access at the RWNJ mental health facility.

He shouldn't get any credit anyway. It's not our business, just like Iraq wasn't.

Really not the point. We WERE there. A lot of Republicans wanted to impeach him, because of it. Impeach.

But now that "all's well that ends well", they don't want him to get credit. Just like they didn't want him to get credit for bin Laden.

I gave him credit for getting bin Laden and still do. I don't give him any credit for this. It's not our business. I don't want him impeached cause nothing comes of that anyway.

Has the Obama plan just demonstrated how to conduct regime change on the cheap? Imagine those brave deficit hawks in the Tea Party caucus tomorrow railing against this development! Why it took a trillion dollars and nearly 4,000 American lives lost (and countless American lives forever shattered by wounds) to achieve regime change in Iraq.

How can those Tea Partiers balance the books with the Iraq bill staring them in the face while six months, a few air strikes and no dead soldiers did the same in Libya.

Obama and Hillary played their cards right on this one. Make Europe do the heavy lifting, no big investment in US lives or funding. End result, we got the regime change we wanted since Reagan

Why is obama assiting America's enemy in Libya? Why is obama helping the people who we are atill fighting?

I'd feel better about giving Obama some credit for getting rid of Qaddafi, if I thought he knew what he was doing.

He didn't get rid of him. Europe and the Libyan rebels did.

Well yeah, but with our bombs and missiles. Hey the guy is apparently dead or gone and we didn't lose any American lives and it didn't cost an arm and a leg and it didn't take 10 years either. Of course he had shit for a military and was a complete dickhead idiot, but still. How about this: Obama didn't fuck it up.

I'd feel better about giving Obama some credit for getting rid of Qaddafi, if I thought he knew what he was doing.

Well yeah, but with our bombs and missiles. Hey the guy is apparently dead or gone and we didn't lose any American lives and it didn't cost an arm and a leg and it didn't take 10 years either. Of course he had shit for a military and was a complete dickhead idiot, but still. How about this: Obama didn't fuck it up.

He didn't fuck it up. But I still don't think we should have been involved.

He didn't fuck it up. But I still don't think we should have been involved.

Well, that's true. But Obama had to show us the correct way to start a war and then not show up to fight it.

I love this thread - a microism of all that is America.

oh yeah? What are we Yanks saying that amuses you this time?

Libya is being freed from the yoke of tyranny (although what it is going to be replaced with is unknown at this stage) and all you Yanks are going on about is who does or doesn't get the credit.

As per usual for such an ego/ethnocentric society it's all about ME ME ME !!

Libya is being freed from the yoke of tyranny (although what it is going to be replaced with is unknown at this stage) and all you Yanks are going on about is who does or doesn't get the credit.

I'm skeptical that they're being freed anymore than the Iranians were from the Shah. I don't think anyone really deserves credit for this. I only know who was responsible for it.

First link, NY Times...
...according to American officials.
That's the extent of the proof they offer. You have GOT to be kidding me. If I offered that as proof, you'd laugh me off the board.

Second link...
simply points to the NY Times piece. Nothing new or corroborating. Just a repeat. Worthless.

Third link...
Again with the 'government sources'. No names, ranks, positions, etc. I'd get laughed off this board if I claimed this tripe constituted proof.

Fourth link...
:rofl: UFPPC.ORG is a credible source for this information? You have GOT to be kidding. You are kidding, right?

Essentially, you've got a single story in the NY Times, no corroboration from your other links... ant THAT is proof?

You seriously need to rethink your life.

Actually I've been asking what is going to happen and who will be in charge in Libya, you notice no one seems to want to attempt an answer.

"Mission Accomplished"! I've heard from a very credible source that President Obama has ordered the Navy to make him a flight suit so he can stand on the Flight Deck of CVN 65 and claim credit for Mission Accomplished in Lybia.

who is that?....Chris?....

Yeah. Chris was whispering sweet nothings in Wry's ear.

you know they were talking about Chrisse's latest book....."Birkenstocks....With Or Without Socks".....

victor go the spoils....Now the GOP is playing defense and cry babies over it.
Just like the left did when Bush caught Saddam....

Thats IF this story is true.

The 'victors' in this instance are the Libyan people.... not your fucking Messiah, you moron. Honestly, "you people" (the morons of the left) never tire of trying to steal what belongs to other people.

I think it would be rather difficult for Obama to claim credit for anything in Libya, when we had no boot on the ground. However, I don't put it past his supporters to heap the credit onto him.
see comment below dummies

It would'nt have been possible w/o the President supplying U.S. power IN THE BEGINNING to take out AA batteries, ememy aircraft, air facilities, etc... at the beginning of the campaign. The U.S. was the only power w/ the advanced sensors/weaponry to do that.

Last edited:
The 'victors' in this instance are the Libyan people.... not your fucking Messiah, you moron. Honestly, "you people" (the morons of the left) never tire of trying to steal what belongs to other people.

I think it would be rather difficult for Obama to claim credit for anything in Libya, when we had no boot on the ground. However, I don't put it past his supporters to heap the credit onto him.

It would'nt have been possible w/o the President supplying U.S. power to take out AA batteries, air facilities, etc... at the beginning of the campaign. The U.S. was the only power w/ the advanced sensors/weaponry to do that.

Well congrats. Let's applaud Obama on defending us from the great threat to the US that Qaddafi was.

It would'nt have been possible w/o the President supplying U.S. power to take out AA batteries, air facilities, etc... at the beginning of the campaign. The U.S. was the only power w/ the advanced sensors/weaponry to do that.

Well congrats. Let's applaud Obama on defending us from the great threat to the US that Qaddafi was.

Did you read ANYTHING about the reason for the participation in this operation? :eusa_wall: It was to prevent Qaddafi from massacreing his own people. Geez!!! :eusa_eh: If I remember correctly, the Repubs messiah- Reagan wasn't too fond of him either but let him remain in power ;)

Forum List

Back