Qanon shaman...likely to get a new trial considering the government withheld video evidence from the defense....

Yes there is. You clearly didn't read the DoJ filings in court updating them on the status of their production of the videos.
I did, I even read one of the latest ones since the videos have become public, where they are fighting allowing the Defense more time to review this stuff that was hidden

Your insane. I never said Congress is not the government. I said they're not a federal agency.

Are you even capable of posting without lying?
Brady applies to the GOVT, all of it you dumb fuck

Brady applies to the GOVT, all of it you dumb fuck

LOL

Again, YOU posted the link stating...

Some factors to be considered in determining whether to review potentially discoverable information from another federal agency include...

Yet again, you post something without either reading or understanding it.

Not every body in the federal government is an agency. Congress is not an agency. It's a branch of the government.

face-palm-gif.278959

LOL

Again, YOU posted the link stating...

Some factors to be considered in determining whether to review potentially discoverable information from another federal agency include...

Yet again, you post something without either reading or understanding it.

Not every body in the federal government is an agency. Congress is not an agency. It's a branch of the government.

face-palm-gif.278959
yes Federal Agencies are part of the GOVT too....like the Capitol Police, and Congress, and the DOJ, and the Jan 6th Committee

What a travesty this fake insurrection has been....since day one.:mad-61:

OvuBWDb.jpg

It's discussed in the article in the OP.
So you lied when you said you read the DoJ's court filings.

The defense's filings are discussed. The DOJ's response isn't.

Can you losers be more dishonest? This defense attorney isn't telling the whole story. Neither is right wing media.

The DoJ turned over massive amounts of video and kept the defendant and the court well aware of what they had and how they were working to turn over everything.

So you lied when you said you read the DoJ's court filings.

The defense's filings are discussed. The DOJ's response isn't.

Can you losers be more dishonest? This defense attorney isn't telling the whole story. Neither is right wing media.

The DoJ turned over massive amounts of video and kept the defendant and the court well aware of what they had and how they were working to turn over everything.
No, I have read many DOJ court filings, the one you request specically I have not, nor do I have a link to it...

There need not be any filings for Brady, they are automatically required to turn it over.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim the Defense attorneys are lying? I have no doubt the DOJ turned over a "massive" amount of stuff, it's just the video in question they didn.t

No, I have read many DOJ court filings, the one you request specically I have not, nor do I have a link to it...

There need not be any filings for Brady, they are automatically required to turn it over.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim the Defense attorneys are lying? I have no doubt the DOJ turned over a "massive" amount of stuff, it's just the video in question they didn.t
So when I asked if you read the court filings, and you said “I did”, you were lying.

The DoJ gives the court updates on what is produced and how it’s working to produce everything.

You claimed there was no evidence of this work, but you’re just ignorant. Your media has deprived you of the entire story because they’re merely propagandists and they intend to manipulate you, which they’ve done.

Are you going to stop lying?

The guy who wore the indian headdress in the capitol will likely get a new trial......the prosecution withheld video evidence from the defense....

Albert Watkins, whose client Jacob Chansley pleaded guilty to felony charges in connection with the Capitol riot and was sentenced to 41 months in prison, said Department of Justice prosecutors were legally bound to turn over the footage. Clips shown on Carlson’s Fox News Channel program show Chansley walking freely and peaceably through the building, often accompanied by multiple police officers.

“We did not receive that video footage,” Watkins said. “We asked for it, and not just once or twice. Whether we asked for it or not is irrelevant because the government had an absolute, non-compromisible duty to disclose that video and they did not do so.”

“And all the while, they were actively representing to the court and the American people that Jake was a leader, leading the charge into the Capitol,” he said. “They did not disclose that footage because it ran contrary to their rote narrative.”
------

Court filings in Chansley’s case corroborate Watkins’ claim that he repeatedly asked for all videos of his client.

“Our position is that the government must identify any evidence it believes to capture [defendant], regardless of whether it intends to rely on the same in its case in chief,” one said.

Another look.....

This is why, perhaps, they refused to share the video with Chansley’s lawyer, which among other things violates his constitutional rights, big time. They are supposed to disclose all such materials in discovery, and failing to is prosecutorial misconduct.
----
Ed noted before we knew this tidbit:

If true, and I believe that it is extremely likely that it is, then the DOJ lawyers involved should be in some serious legal jeopardy. At least if there is a semblance of legal integrity left in the federal government.

I am no lawyer, but what is at issue is something called Brady Disclosure, named after a case where theSupreme Court ruled that the government provide any exculpatory evidence to defendants in criminal cases.

The ruling was necessary, obviously, because prosecutors can be very…enthusiastic…about winning their cases and didn’t always disclose facts that would undermine their cases, leading to people being convicted based upon flawed or incomplete evidence.

That sounds like a summary 'NO', even from Trump judges.

So when I asked if you read the court filings, and you said “I did”, you were lying.

The DoJ gives the court updates on what is produced and how it’s working to produce everything.

You claimed there was no evidence of this work, but you’re just ignorant. Your media has deprived you of the entire story because they’re merely propagandists and they intend to manipulate you, which they’ve done.

Are you going to stop lying?
1) no i did read court filings.
2) I am not suggesting the DOJ didn’t turn discovery over
3) I’ve claimed, as defense counsel has, they withheld some Brady evidence…

1) no i did read court filings.
2) I am not suggesting the DOJ didn’t turn discovery over
3) I’ve claimed, as defense counsel has, they withheld some Brady evidence…
You didn’t read the relevant court filings detailing what they turned over and what they were turning over, which you claimed you did.

If you had, you would have realized that the DoJ had turned over massive amounts of video and was working to turn over everything. This is yet again a fact you claimed was without any evidence.

You are making a fool of yourself by merely listening to the defense and not checking facts.

You didn’t read the relevant court filings detailing what they turned over and what they were turning over, which you claimed you did.

If you had, you would have realized that the DoJ had turned over massive amounts of video and was working to turn over everything. This is yet again a fact you claimed was without any evidence.

You are making a fool of yourself by merely listening to the defense and not checking facts.
Which one was relevant? provide a link

I am aware they turned over a massive amount of stuff…what’s at issue is what they didn’t turn over

Forum List

Back