Qst. for the gun-lovers among us.....

During an incident at a community college (or a bar or a rock festival or a mall) there's a report of someone shooting at people and the police respond......

Now, the venue has a concealed carry ordinance and a whole bunch of other people grab their guns .........and the police SWAT team shows up......

Can you fathom WHAT THE HELL could possibly go wrong in that scenario???
Less dead people to sort through? Not a mass shooting incident?

During an incident at a community college (or a bar or a rock festival or a mall) there's a report of someone shooting at people and the police respond......

Now, the venue has a concealed carry ordinance and a whole bunch of other people grab their guns .........and the police SWAT team shows up......

Anyone but a total moron stands down when the police arrive on the scene. This thing happens more than you think...and of course you are totally oblivious to the fact that not only do cops train for it, it's also a part of any decent CCW training class.

With great power comes great responsibility, grasshopper...if you choose to carry a firearm, you best be responsible enough to not only under stand the law, but to train regularly.

I carry a concealed firearm solely for my self-defense and that of my immediate family; I am not 'law enforcement,' my primary responsibility in the event of such an incident is to get to a place of safety, out of harm's way, where my concealed firearm remains indeed concealed.

I've already called you on this bullshit. No you don't have a legal duty to intervene...but a decent human with the training and means to intervene, will intervene. If you don't feel you have enough training to assist, then you don't have enough training to protect yourself either.

Chris Mintz intervened...and he wasn't even armed. Warriors ride to the sound of the guns, mutts stay under the porch.

tumblr_mh7wa6mIYa1rsa7f4o1_500.jpg

Yes, the CCW holder approaches the cops and identifies himself and shows his credentials. The cops then post him in a position with orders to hold and protect their backs while they continue the search for the bad guys. As they come upon further CCW holders the same thing happens. The cops are searching, the CCW holders are watching their backs.

WOW........A whole bunch of wanna-be cops on the loose....maybe they can be deputized, get some horses and form a posse.....
Now there could be fun to be had by all.

Yes, the CCW holder approaches the cops and identifies himself and shows his credentials. The cops then post him in a position with orders to hold and protect their backs while they continue the search for the bad guys. As they come upon further CCW holders the same thing happens. The cops are searching, the CCW holders are watching their backs.

WOW........A whole bunch of wanna-be cops on the loose....maybe they can be deputized, get some horses and form a posse.....
Now there could be fun to be had by all.

Who said anything about on the loose? This is one of the tactics being discussed with local law enforcement right now silly boy.

One of the major concerns for law enforcement in a search situation is their 6 o'clock. An armed civilian is not perfect but they are sure better than nothing.

Leave it to a tiny minded twerp like you to not understand the obvious.

Who said anything about on the loose? This is one of the tactics being discussed with local law enforcement right now silly boy.

One of the major concerns for law enforcement in a search situation is their 6 o'clock. An armed civilian is not perfect but they are sure better than nothing.

Leave it to a tiny minded twerp like you to not understand the obvious.

Maybe the cops will give you one of those aluminum badges and a decoder ring too.

Oh I don't know... maybe the lawful citizens help the police?

Funny... when the police showed up, they didn't attack the lawful citizen. Yeah, actually the officers and the citizen, imagine this.... worked together to stop a mass shooting.

Of course this is much better, right? Dozens of completely unarmed tourist on a beach in Tunisia, being mowed down by a single guy, completely unopposed. That's way way better. At least none of those tourists had a gun.... who knows, the police may have showed up and shot more of them... right? Stupid.

Of course this is much better, right? Dozens of completely unarmed tourist on a beach in Tunisia, being mowed down by a single guy, completely unopposed. That's way way better. At least none of those tourists had a gun.... who knows, the police may have showed up and shot more of them... right? Stupid.

Too moronic to even respond to.......Go play with your guns.

Yes, you are a moron. Cops and civilians work together all the time. Cops are saved by civilians on a not too infrequent basis but an ignorant jackals like you couldn't possibly know that. It would require you to actually think.

That's against the rules.

No, you *can't* respond to it, because it's what you actually want to happen.

I really don't meet your qualification to answer, but I will anyways. Most times it all over long before the cops show up. The response time in OR was exceptional, it is not the rule. Normally they just process the scene.

That is very true. Our laughing hyena is long on smilies but short on everything else it seems. Why is it so hard for progressives to think for themselves.

Forum List

Back