Quartet of Dolphins take knee during 9/11 National Anthem in Seattle

Disgusting pricks.

What it comes down to, is the NFL is simply WAY over-represented by black players.
Had there been a much better better representation of America, you would have more Hispanic, White, and Asian players that would then show that America is much more united than when black players are over-represented.

For the survival of sports leagues, franchises like the NFL are likely to need an Afirmative Action for drafting players.

Arian Foster leads 4 Dolphins in protest of national anthem, Chiefs’ Marcus Peters raises right fist

On the 15th anniversary of 9/11, most of the NFL chose not to emulate Colin Kaepernick during the playing of the national anthem before games.

But not all of them did. At CenturyLink Field in Seattle, a quartet of Miami Dolphins - vocal running back Arian Foster, receiver Kenny Stills, lineman Michael Thomas and linebacker Jelani Jenkins - followed the example the Niners QB has been setting for several weeks, choosing to kneel during the playing of the national anthem.

Foster leads 4 Dolphins in protest, Chiefs' Peters raises fist
It's not making headlines the way Kaepernick did, though.

As usual, it was a big deal for a couple of weeks, and now it's going to become diluted and trivialized as people do it here and there.

And none of it will matter, one damn bit. We can all calm down and get on with our lives now.

While I'm sad to see that our most patriotic USMB members still haven't figured out what it means to be American, the anguish exhibited in this thread is awesome.

Like it or not asshole, there are millions of Americans who are offended by a public display of disrespect for our Anthem, our flag, and our country.
Especially when that display is on 9/11.
I realize you being a liberal it's very difficult for you to understand that.

Disgusting pricks.

What it comes down to, is the NFL is simply WAY over-represented by black players.
Had there been a much better better representation of America, you would have more Hispanic, White, and Asian players that would then show that America is much more united than when black players are over-represented.

For the survival of sports leagues, franchises like the NFL are likely to need an Afirmative Action for drafting players.

Arian Foster leads 4 Dolphins in protest of national anthem, Chiefs’ Marcus Peters raises right fist

On the 15th anniversary of 9/11, most of the NFL chose not to emulate Colin Kaepernick during the playing of the national anthem before games.

But not all of them did. At CenturyLink Field in Seattle, a quartet of Miami Dolphins - vocal running back Arian Foster, receiver Kenny Stills, lineman Michael Thomas and linebacker Jelani Jenkins - followed the example the Niners QB has been setting for several weeks, choosing to kneel during the playing of the national anthem.

As usual, it was a big deal for a couple of weeks, and now it's going to become diluted and trivialized as people do it here and there.

And none of it will matter, one damn bit. We can all calm down and get on with our lives now.

I love that. You didn't address the OP's main point.....that there are too many black NFL players and that is why this country is not united.

And yes...lets all calm down and get on with our lives. Taking a knee in silent protest is just too over the top.

While I'm sad to see that our most patriotic USMB members still haven't figured out what it means to be American, the anguish exhibited in this thread is awesome.

Like it or not asshole, there are millions of Americans who are offended by a public display of disrespect for our Anthem, our flag, and our country.

Awwwww. Are you offended? Call the PC police!

Disgusting pricks.

It's likely to play out if the media stops focusing on it, however it's now bled over to high schools, and I look for the NBA players to also start protesting when play resumes.
In time it may be like everything else and it will play itself out, but then again, there are a lot of black athletes, so this could continue on for quite some time.

On 9/11 I am offended indeed. As far as you go, you're a liberal. You offend me every single day.

Disgusting pricks.

It's likely to play out if the media stops focusing on it, however it's now bled over to high schools, and I look for the NBA players to also start protesting when play resumes.
In time it may be like everything else and it will play itself out, but then again, there are a lot of black athletes, so this could continue on for quite some time.
Even if it does, though, it will quickly become diluted.

Sadly, among those actions being diluted was what the Seahawks did - a show of unity - but that's the way it is.

This country isn't ready yet to deal honestly with this issue.

On 9/11 I am offended indeed. As far as you go, you're a liberal. You offend me every single day.

I do?! Cool. If only I were a black liberal. Then I'd really impact your miserable life.

Disgusting pricks.

Even if it does, though, it will quickly become diluted.

Sadly, among those actions being diluted was what the Seahawks did - a show of unity - but that's the way it is.

This country isn't ready yet to deal honestly with this issue.

You are right, the "issue" isn't being reported completely honestly.

It's true that blacks are likely to be treated more harshly than whites when it comes to NON-lethal force. Lethal force is a different matter, and is one that groups like BLM are not telling the truth about.

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/u...e-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=0

I do?! Cool. If only I were a black liberal. Then I'd really impact your miserable life.

My "miserable" life will be played out on the warm sunny beaches of Australia.
You get to finish up here dealing with and watching the country slowly disintegrate further into the divisive abyss. Cheers honey! :beer:

You get to finish up here dealing with and watching the country slowly disintegrate further into the divisive abyss. Cheers honey! :beer:

Australia? They don't have 2nd amendment rights there. Also...they have aboriginals and lots of black athletes. Shoot, they don't even recite the pledge of allegiance in schools there!

Like a true patriot....you are going to run away from your nation. Perfect!

So that's 'what it comes down to'? I used to like American football. But then the straight-arm was banned, the lateral pass was outlawed, spikes were gone, grass was replaced by plastic, and they decided they didn't want their quarterback to hurt himself on the gridiron so they invented a professional 'kicker' who saunters in to do nothing but kick the ball and then leaves the playing field lest she might hurt herself. I didn't turn my interest away in vain though because I avoided gnashing my teeth now that 'what it all comes down to' is how many whites aren't good enough to play the game. Get more whites! That's what we want! Whites's haven't got any issues with racism and after all, that's what it comes down to!

JCLittle_calling-out-racism-I'm%2Bnot%2Bracist%2Bbut3-555.jpg

Australia? They don't have 2nd amendment rights there. Also...they have aboriginals and lots of black athletes. Shoot, they don't even recite the pledge of allegiance in schools there!

Don't worry sonny, I know exactly what is in store for me there.

Disgusting pricks.

Have you considerd becoming a hockey fan?

Don't worry sonny, I know exactly what is in store for me there.

So do I. And it isn't America, quitter.

It's you people who spend your money going to the games, buying the merchandise, and watching on TV.

So you don't have a right to complain. Only those of us who don't watch this crap can say, we told you so.

I see your point. They spend their money going to the games to watch football. You don't go because you think sports is all about what kind of socks the players are wearing and who is standing or sitting. You're doing the right thing by not spending your money to do that.
thumbs-up.gif

Hit them where it hurts and stop buying tickets and merchandise. Stop watching them on the idiot box and watch their advertising revenue plummet

Forum List

Back