Question about bisexuals and polygamy

Polygamy is not ‘marriage,’ it’s merely cohabitation, it’s already legal in all 50 states.

LOL....polygamy is legal?

You should have been Tom Green's lawyer then because the court sure didn't see it your way. :lol:

You need to say more current on this and similar issues:

Federal judge finds part of Utah?s polygamy ban unconstitutional | FOX13Now.com

I'm aware of the ruling. Do you really think that judge has the final say? :lol::lol:

Funny how all the wacky fringe deviants insist that the red line of acceptable behavior be drawn such to exclude their own particular abomination isn't it? I mean, in a society that refuses to set a red line of acceptable behavior you'll eventually see the red line lowered further and further away from any norm as we understand it.

Why does this culture insist that the best way to go is to accept and embrace the lowest common denominator of behavior I'll never know.

The lowest common denominator of behavior would be those seeking to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.

Seeking to deny American citizens their civil liberties is the greatest of abominations.

LOL....polygamy is legal?

You should have been Tom Green's lawyer then because the court sure didn't see it your way. :lol:

You need to say more current on this and similar issues:

Federal judge finds part of Utah?s polygamy ban unconstitutional | FOX13Now.com

I'm aware of the ruling. Do you really think that judge has the final say? :lol::lol:

Then you’re aware of the fact that polygamy is legal on all 50 states.

Funny how all the wacky fringe deviants insist that the red line of acceptable behavior be drawn such to exclude their own particular abomination isn't it? I mean, in a society that refuses to set a red line of acceptable behavior you'll eventually see the red line lowered further and further away from any norm as we understand it.

Why does this culture insist that the best way to go is to accept and embrace the lowest common denominator of behavior I'll never know.

The lowest common denominator of behavior would be those seeking to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights, as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.

Seeking to deny American citizens their civil liberties is the greatest of abominations.

The 14th???? Are you just making this stuff up as you go???? Polygamy is legal???? Good grief. :lol:

SCOTUS sayz...not a 14th issue

but a 10th issue

See Windsor

Incorrect.

Windsor concerned Federal law, not state.

The 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all persons equal protection of the law, including marriage law.

Both Perry, invalidating Proposition 8, and Kitchen, invalidating Utah’s Amendment 3, were ruled un-Constitutional on 14th Amendment grounds.

From the Utah ruling:

The court hereby declares that Amendment 3 is unconstitutional because it denies the Plaintiffs their rights to due process and equal protection under the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Moreover, Tenth Amendment jurisprudence has no bearing on this issue, nor was Windsor predicated on the Tenth Amendment.

Also from the Utah ruling:

[T]he Windsor Court did not base its decision on the Tenth Amendment.6 Instead, the Court grounded its holding in the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment, which protects an individual’s right to liberty. Id. at 2695 (“DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the liberty of the person protected by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution.”). The Court found that DOMA violated the Fifth Amendment because the statute “place[d] same-sex couples in an unstable position of being in a second-tier marriage,” a differentiation that “demean[ed] the couple, whose moral and sexual choices the Constitution protects[.]” Id. at 2694.

The 14th???? Are you just making this stuff up as you go???? Polygamy is legal???? Good grief. :lol:

No.

See post #47.

As the ruling said, polygamy is not legal. There is no legal marriage. Any number of people can cohabitate. Legalizing these arrangements will be the next logical step.

Polygamists get arrested for even trying to marry. Have fags ever had that?

actually, most polygamists just live in their group homes (mostly Mormon splinter groups).

Some even get reality TV Shows.

Again, there really isn't a big movement out there to legalize polygamy. But I'd have no problem if they did, and I'm not sure why anyone else would.

Forum List

Back