Question about bisexuals and polygamy

Straights and gays can fall in love with more than one person too ya know. :)

True but they are limited to half the population not all of it.

There are 6 billion people in the world and homosexuals/bisexuals make up a fraction of the population. Heterosexuals have a hell of a lot more options than most. Should we assume that all heterosexuals are inclined toward polygamy based solely on the idea that the majority of the world's population shares their sexual orientation?

That premise would be just as flawed.

It's still proportional. The 95 percent straights still only have 47 of the population ad a potential partner

current events? Geezus are you obsessed w/ people's sexuality boy. :cuckoo: Seek help.

When I got out of the Navy and had the self-confidence and ego to experiment with homosexual relationships, a co-worker of mine was an out bisexual. I picked his brain at great length asking questions about it. He was then my first gay lover. I think Steve's just asking lots of questions and having discussions to resolve things for himself as well.

current events? Geezus are you obsessed w/ people's sexuality boy. :cuckoo: Seek help.

When I got out of the Navy and had the self-confidence and ego to experiment with homosexual relationships, a co-worker of mine was an out bisexual. I picked his brain at great length asking questions about it. He was then my first gay lover. I think Steve's just asking lots of questions and having discussions to resolve things for himself as well.

are you saying that he's "bi-curious"? I would have to agree. He's obsessed w/ all people non-hetero

I know it's being used now, but I loathe the term asexual when applied to human beings. :) We are not spores. Spores are asexual, not animals. :) Guess 'abstinent' got ruined with the whole political/fundamentalist thing. :)

I'm not in charge of anyone but myself. My thing is my thing.

As an issue aside from sexual orientation, I think polygamy should be legal anyway. Decades of research show it's better than monogamy. Only reason it's getting a negative reputation lately is only a few cults do it, and being cults there's widespread abuse some are equating to the polyagmy itself. But it's not. It's that you're in a cult, of course there's abuse.

What decades of research is that?

Personally, I don't think it's "better" necessarily, but whatever sort of marriage consenting adult humans want to engage in is up to them.

I know it's being used now, but I loathe the term asexual when applied to human beings. :) We are not spores. Spores are asexual, not animals. :) Guess 'abstinent' got ruined with the whole political/fundamentalist thing. :)

Asexual is appropriate. It just drives gays crazy that there are some people who feel no sexual attraction at all, to anyone. Gays harbor a secret belief that everyone is bisexual to some degree. No one accepts asexuality. Everyone is convinced that the asexual just hasn't found the right man, woman, gay, lesbian yet.

How typical. I suppose I'm a closet liberal and Muslim too

Are you coming out of the asexual closet? It might be harder for someone to admit that they never feel sexual attraction at all, rather than admit they are homosexual.

Wouldn't equality for them necessitate polygamy. Evaluate they are attracted to both sexes and it's possible they could love a man and a woman?

Makes no sense

How?

Polygamy is not ‘marriage,’ it’s merely cohabitation, it’s already legal in all 50 states.

In addition, no state’s marriage law is written to accommodate more than two partners – consequently no state is disallowing polygamists to marry, a state can’t disallow someone from accessing a law that doesn’t exist.

Polygamy is not ‘marriage,’ it’s merely cohabitation, it’s already legal in all 50 states.

In addition, no state’s marriage law is written to accommodate more than two partners – consequently no state is disallowing polygamists to marry, a state can’t disallow someone from accessing a law that doesn’t exist.

Ah then not allowing same Sex marriage would have been fine

Asexual is appropriate. It just drives gays crazy that there are some people who feel no sexual attraction at all, to anyone. Gays harbor a secret belief that everyone is bisexual to some degree. No one accepts asexuality. Everyone is convinced that the asexual just hasn't found the right man, woman, gay, lesbian yet.

Asexual is the lack of sexual attraction, I believe. At least, that is how I describe it. It shits me when people assume that everyone must be gay or straight, some people are just...nothing.

Funny how all the wacky fringe deviants insist that the red line of acceptable behavior be drawn such to exclude their own particular abomination isn't it? I mean, in a society that refuses to set a red line of acceptable behavior you'll eventually see the red line lowered further and further away from any norm as we understand it.

Why does this culture insist that the best way to go is to accept and embrace the lowest common denominator of behavior I'll never know.

Forum List

Back