Question For Muslims

We generally refer to ourselves as muslims if anyone asks.

And the need to self identify as Sunni muslim rarely happens. ..... :cool:

The Qur'an calls sectarianism "polytheistic," so it's not possible to be a "Sunni Muslim" (Holy Qur'an 30:31-32, Mualana Muhammad Ali translation:)

"(31)...and keep your duty to Him, and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists, (32)Of those who split up their religion and become parties; every sect rejoicing in that which is with it."

This means that you are a polytheist and not a Muslim.
So what's your point Poindexter? .......and why do you care?? ... :cool:

So what's your point Poindexter? .......and why do you care?? ... :cool:

You don't sound like a real Muslim:

"Allah loves not the public utterance of hurtful speech, except by one who has been wronged. And Allah is ever Hearing, Knowing." Surah 4:148

I was just inquiring about how you can call yourself, "Sunni." What you do is your business. I was just asking.

I read that article as well and was glad to hear it (hopefully that is true). Actually the maj of Saudi Arabia and Qatar are yet a sect of sunni.
Wahhabi movement - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

No different that the hundreds of sects of Protestants and RC's. Growing up in the Bible Belt compared to the Northern US or out west to Utah and Mormon land.

I'm not Muslim either.

actually---RC is all one sect------there are many sects of PROTESTANTS-----and there is also what is probably to be considered
another category---eastern orthodox--which seems to vary a bit based on geography.. I am mystified as to what your post means---
what does "growing up in the bible belt" have to do with anything? and what does
"I am not muslim either" have to do with anything?

I read that article as well and was glad to hear it (hopefully that is true). Actually the maj of Saudi Arabia and Qatar are yet a sect of sunni.

No different that the hundreds of sects of Protestants and RC's. Growing up in the Bible Belt compared to the Northern US or out west to Utah and Mormon land.

I'm not Muslim either.

actually---RC is all one sect------there are many sects of PROTESTANTS-----and there is also what is probably to be considered
another category---eastern orthodox--which seems to vary a bit based on geography.. I am mystified as to what your post means---
what does "growing up in the bible belt" have to do with anything? and what does

You may want to research Catholicism and discover the many different flavors.

Territorial Irosie, more Baptist in Bible Belt, more Catholics in the North. That is also the same with every religion.

In the 1900's people didn't just turn on the tube and search the net. Travel was not all that frequent. People mainly stayed on one area.

If I had been raised in the Bible belt I may of been a Baptist, but thank God I wasn't.

I'm not Muslim either.

Territorial Irosie, more Baptist in Bible Belt, more Catholics in the North. That is also the same with every religion.

In the 1900's people didn't just turn on the tube and search the net. Travel was not all that frequent. People mainly stayed on one area.

If I had been raised in the Bible belt I may of been a Baptist, but thank God I wasn't.

Penelope----you actually believe you informed me about something? you
are very befuddled. I know lots of Baptists------and---have virtually never been
to "the bible belt" other than one or two
DRIVE THRUs. Catholicism does not come in sects -----I would not call the JESUITS a "sect" You comment in which
you thank whatever a depraved person like you calls "god" that you are not a
Baptist-----is kinda vulgar----not a surprise

I'm not Muslim either.

Penelope----you actually believe you informed me about something? you
are very befuddled. I know lots of Baptists------and---have virtually never been
to "the bible belt" other than one or two
DRIVE THRUs. Catholicism does not come in sects -----I would not call the JESUITS a "sect" You comment in which
you thank whatever a depraved person like you calls "god" that you are not a
Baptist-----is kinda vulgar----not a surprise

Oh of course they are scattered now. No I don't think you know that Catholicism comes in different flavors. You seemed very ill informed. Jesuits is not what I meant. Just google. Oh yes we have Baptist up north now as well, they love to come to my door. I'd rather a Mormon. Bible fundamentalist that takes verses here and there out of context drive me crazy.

Forum List

Back