QUESTION: How many 501(C) Applications Were Denied?

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
MyHeroZero.jpg

ZERO

519243487_1356555007.jpg

Hey Dummy.. how many months were Conservative 501cs held up and not allowed to operate? How many were so intimidated they folded up tent??

The point was, intimidation. That they did very well.

Of the 296 applications the inspector general reviewed, 108 were approved, 28 were withdrawn by the applicants and 160 were still open, some pending for up to 1,138 days.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/u...ineffective-management.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0

Then they must be intimidating other groups as well. Our Scottish organization had a great deal of trouble with our application just a few years back. Maybe they thought we were Conservative?

The IRS made these folks jump through hoops asking questions that were almost impossible to answer then they threatened them with a huge penalty if the answer was not satisfactory.

We all know how intimidating the IRS can be.

Should have had friends higher up I guess.

Lois Lerner approved exemption for Obama brother's 'charity' | The Daily Caller

Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.

Applications being denied or not denied is not the issue the issue is abuse of power and that should outrage everyone for those who are alright with this abuse of power against conservative groups remember this abuse of power can swing both ways the next time it could liberal groups being targeted by the I.R.S.

Applications being denied or not denied is not the issue the issue is abuse of power and that should outrage everyone for those who are alright with this abuse of power against conservative groups remember this abuse of power can swing both ways the next time it could liberal groups being targeted by the I.R.S.

Some groups gave up after the continual harassment. Justice delayed is justice denied.

So...if applications are not denied...what power is being abused?

Some groups gave up after the continual harassment. Justice delayed is justice denied.

Oh? Got a list of them?

A government agency holding up or dragging it's feet on a application or putting a group under more scrutiny for seemingly no other reason than partisan political ones is abuse of power Nixon's enemies list comes to mind the I.R.S. being a rather key part of that as well.

Oh? Got a list of them?

The IRS does.

But this is an ongoing process and more info will come to light, especially if this rises to the level of having a special prosecutor assigned. I'm referring above to chatter from the Sunday morning talking heads but feel free to goggle-fu your way through the avalanche of emerging info as you please. This scandal goes back three years.

You do realize the FBI are now investigating and that this is a criminal investigation correct?

It's not a joke thread on a message forum. This is the real deal here.

A government agency holding up or dragging it's feet on a application or putting a group under more scrutiny for seemingly no other reason than partisan political ones is abuse of power Nixon's enemies list comes to mind the I.R.S. being a rather key part of that as well.

You obviously have not dealt with many government agencies on a good day. :lol:

So....you are saying government red tape is now abuse of power????? I get abused everytime I go to the DMV!!!!

You obviously have not dealt with many government agencies on a good day. :lol:

So....you are saying government red tape is now abuse of power????? I get abused everytime I go to the DMV!!!!

Yes. If you have been waiting three years for a licence (and not allowed to drive in the meantime) while your politically connected neighbor got their licence in one month then there is a problem.

Forum List

Back