QUESTION: How many 501(C) Applications Were Denied?

So...if applications are not denied...what power is being abused?

A government agency holding up or dragging it's feet on a application or putting a group under more scrutiny for seemingly no other reason than partisan political ones is abuse of power Nixon's enemies list comes to mind the I.R.S. being a rather key part of that as well.

You obviously have not dealt with many government agencies on a good day. :lol:

So....you are saying government red tape is now abuse of power????? I get abused everytime I go to the DMV!!!!

Bod, you better get hold of the AG fast and tell Holder this is just about red tape so he can call off the investigation.

:lol:

Applications being denied or not denied is not the issue the issue is abuse of power and that should outrage everyone for those who are alright with this abuse of power against conservative groups remember this abuse of power can swing both ways the next time it could liberal groups being targeted by the I.R.S.

They were targeted for their political views, the IRS used that info to make them give up more information than other organizations. So it so far looks like a violation of freedom of speech and due process. That's the start.

It isn't how many were or were not denied, but how it was made more difficult for some to jump through the hoops.

Reminds me of a joke.

Obama, Biden and Boehner showed up at the pearly gates. In order to get in, each had to spell a word correctly.

Obama stepped up and was asked to spell 'it', which he did and in he went.

Biden stepped up and was asked to spell 'cat', which he did and in he went.

Boehner stepped up and was asked to spell 'Czechoslovakia.' (By the way, he got in)

So, even if all apps were approved - eventually - it was clearly made more challenging for some and that is an abuse of power. Government must treat all citizens the same. I wonder if those who came up with this plan enjoyed being cruel to people.

Last edited:
The point was, intimidation. That they did very well.

How may people were "intimidated"???

fox+news+sheep.jpg

What has denial of any applications got to do with IRS violating the laws, about asking for personal information?

A government agency holding up or dragging it's feet on a application or putting a group under more scrutiny for seemingly no other reason than partisan political ones is abuse of power Nixon's enemies list comes to mind the I.R.S. being a rather key part of that as well.

So....you are saying government red tape is now abuse of power????? I get abused everytime I go to the DMV!!!!

The extra scrutiny delayed conservative groups long enough to miss the last election cycle while progressive groups got speedy service in time for their election activities.

When the red tapes moves considerably slower for conservative groups than liberal ones I would call that a little more than standard government red tape and given the FBI is going to be investigating this tends to back that up.

Odd.

Even when it got so bad the regime itself had to make admissions and apologies, some democrats say it never happened.

Applications being denied or not denied is not the issue the issue is abuse of power and that should outrage everyone for those who are alright with this abuse of power against conservative groups remember this abuse of power can swing both ways the next time it could liberal groups being targeted by the I.R.S.

If one is detained for driving while black but not convicted of a crime, what power is being abused?
The comparison really is that simple and equivocal and despicable.

The IRS made these folks jump through hoops asking questions that were almost impossible to answer then they threatened them with a huge penalty if the answer was not satisfactory.

We all know how intimidating the IRS can be.

BUT this one sailed through...
Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.
IRS Rushed Obama Brother 501c, Tea Party Waited | Sweetness & Light

Hey Dummy.. how many months were Conservative 501cs held up and not allowed to operate? How many were so intimidated they folded up tent??

How many of those being held up were held up because they failed to meet the legal definition??

That's what the attack committee keeps trying to ignore.

This was more about streamlining a work flow then any type of partisanship.

Are you too dense to see that?

Forum List

Back