Question.

The topic is California not Florida.
I prefer California should separate from US. We have the largest economy in the entire US and 8th in this entire planet. We can survive alone with out help.
But wait you need our money. I guess you don't know that.

List of U.S. states by GDP - Wikipedia
Nope! Fla will do fine without ewe! If Ewe need water will will sell ya some for a price and a high tariff for stupidity!

We are not talking about Florida. Btw it's my second home.
I started the thread.

I see that but your topic is California.
And then Harry Chimed in and it is now a comparison of California and Florida. Are you intellectually trained to handle that?

And what the hell is your problem about California in the first place? You did this before and don't expect me to be quiet.

Nope! Fla will do fine without ewe! If Ewe need water will will sell ya some for a price and a high tariff for stupidity!

I started the thread.

And then Harry Chimed in and it is now a comparison of California and Florida. Are you intellectually trained to handle that?

And what the hell is your problem about California in the first place? You did this before and don't expect me to be quiet.

And if someone will do this to Florida........... I will do the same thing. Florida is my second home.

Nobody would go to war to keep California in the union, so that isn't an issue. If California left the union, northern California would secede , breaking it up even smaller, and they would hate having to share their water with LA, and the illegal aliens they've been feeding illegally with Federal money would dry up and they will burn the entire state to the ground when the bennies dry up.

We should all get behind their secession, and support it.

Nobody would go to war to keep California in the union, so that isn't an issue. If California left the union, northern California would secede , breaking it up even smaller, and they would hate having to share their water with LA, and the illegal aliens they've been feeding illegally with Federal money would dry up and they will burn the entire state to the ground when the bennies dry up.

We should all get behind their secession, and support it.

You may proceed.

About 1.7 millions illegals live in Texas ( your state) the second largest population of illegals.
We have enough money here its the federal that need our money.

Can Texas live on their own? I doubt it. So start with that. Btw Texas is rated number 23 but California is rated number 9 as the richest state in America. If we cut off the federal money for Texas I bet your state will be like Bangladesh.
And if we don't feed the federal govt. maybe we can build our desalination plant so don't worry about our water.

Mississippi is the #one that receives federal money followed by New Mexico, Texas is #29 and California is #46. Worry about your state before you pick on something else.

2706e25b912e0dde7df085a8df01e1be.png

I started the thread.

What intellectually are you talking about? You inserted Florida not me. Do you even understand your post? And why are you high jacking your own thread?
Not high jacked it is called normal progression of a conversation, now, if you cannot handle that there is a kiddie's room somewhere!

I started the thread.

What intellectually are you talking about? You inserted Florida not me. Do you even understand your post? And why are you high jacking your own thread?
Not high jacked it is called normal progression of a conversation, now, if you cannot handle that there is a kiddie's room somewhere!

Your opinion calling me a kiddie is totally inane. may I ask.................... what exactly is your problem with California?

I started the thread.

Your opinion calling me a kiddie is totally inane. may I ask.................... what exactly is your problem with California?
Here are some simple instructions. Go to the very first post in this thread.
Read the question.
Understand what you have read.
Attempt to answer the question.

In the event you are unable to follow these simple steps the kiddie room is available to you.

Here are some simple instructions. Go to the very first post in this thread.
Read the question.
Understand what you have read.
Attempt to answer the question.

In the event you are unable to follow these simple steps the kiddie room is available to you.

I could care less with your dumb post #1 .................. My question to you was...... What is your problem with California? Why do you hate America? California is not even in the top 10 list of liberals in this nation.

c3b8bdc429975d84e88f731764e4a4c2.png

California's liberal policies include hundreds of billions in unfunded liabilities to various state pensions and whatnot. They aren't going anywhere in the hopes when their fiscal chickens come home to roost they can somehow get the federal teat to help them out. With a little luck though the "big one" will hit before then and the state will break off and sink into the Pacific, where the sharks can deal with the liberals quite nicely. Bon Appetit great whites and others, and maybe Hillary will be in state at the time and you'll have plenty of hot sauce for your snacks.

California's liberal policies include hundreds of billions in unfunded liabilities to various state pensions and whatnot. They aren't going anywhere in the hopes when their fiscal chickens come home to roost they can somehow get the federal teat to help them out. With a little luck though the "big one" will hit before then and the state will break off and sink into the Pacific, where the sharks can deal with the liberals quite nicely. Bon Appetit great whites and others, and maybe Hillary will be in state at the time and you'll have plenty of hot sauce for your snacks.

Why do you hate America and your fellow Americans?
You are wishing that we all die and feed your fellow Americans to the shark. This is like saying nuke the whole Ca then kill millions of Americans.
Why do you wish such a catastrophically event?. Why? Explain.

Last edited:
Well at some point California is going to separate from the continent, maybe we can let them go then. The folks in North Cal might want to head inland though.

Part of Southern Ca will become an island moving north. It will become an exotic island. The separation will take place in 24 million years an island estimated at about another 140 million years.
I better start buying some property by the desert.
When I lived in Huntington Beach I read somewhere almost the exact same thing.

From what I understood California will break off and shift northwest to become a large island just southwest of Alaska and west of Canada.

The shift was violent and of course there would be no survivors.

I'm trying to locate the source. This was when the internet was in its infancy.

I've had an interest in the California's tectonic plates and fault lines. The geological scenery is spectacular.

It would have been fascinating to spend more time investigating Lassen, Shasta and Red Hill.

Well at some point California is going to separate from the continent, maybe we can let them go then. The folks in North Cal might want to head inland though.

Part of Southern Ca will become an island moving north. It will become an exotic island. The separation will take place in 24 million years an island estimated at about another 140 million years.

From what I understood California will break off and shift northwest to become a large island just southwest of Alaska and west of Canada.

I've had an interest in the California's tectonic plates and fault lines. The geological scenery is spectacular.

It would have been fascinating to spend more time investigating Lassen, Shasta and Red Hill.

I met this guy who work for Caltech forgot what year. He told me where they predicted will be the split is going to be and also mentioned where these post to monitor the movement. Average of 2 inches a year. He told me where part of California in 24 to 140 million years. My memory doesn't go beyond 140 millions. Lol.
But evercurious post seems accurate.

The prevailing theory is that we'll (Alaskan's) will eventually have to deal with the Californian's heh

geo-large.jpg

Look at this way. In less than a million year there will be no more snow or ice in Alaska. Salmon and other fishery industries will be gone. Alaskan are already leaving Alaska because of hunger as we speak. Alaska has only 880,000 square acre to farm and only 500 farms clustered in matamuska.
If and when rich California soil reach Alaska. You will learn how to plant several agricultural products, better income, no more hunger, no more hunting so you can eat dinner. WOW.
You better press hard for the acceleration.

I met this guy who work for Caltech forgot what year. He told me where they predicted will be the split is going to be and also mentioned where these post to monitor the movement. Average of 2 inches a year. He told me where part of California in 24 to 140 million years. My memory doesn't go beyond 140 millions. Lol.
But evercurious post seems accurate.
Thank you.
And yes. That is about as accurate as the information I had been aware of.

charwin95 You're full of shit - ( see Farming growth in Alaska tops national average & AK: High tunnel greenhouses on the Kenai Peninsula ), but frankly I welcome more heat/less snow/ice, and so do the farmers. More "summer" will only increase the food productivity of our soil and Alaskan's are more than happy to buy it given the alternative - barge shipped and wilted stuff we get from the lower 48.

Ya'll can keep CA, I've no desire to deal with them, though I rather suspect all the snowflakes would hang themselves from the trauma long before they make it to Alaska's panhandle. Alaska is 70% Christian, they'd be in a shit-kitten's panic of made up crap like they are with Trump.

charwin95 You're full of shit - ( see Farming growth in Alaska tops national average & AK: High tunnel greenhouses on the Kenai Peninsula ), but frankly I welcome more heat/less snow/ice, and so do the farmers. More "summer" will only increase the food productivity of our soil and Alaskan's are more than happy to buy it given the alternative - barge shipped and wilted stuff we get from the lower 48.

Ya'll can keep CA, I've no desire to deal with them, though I rather suspect all the snowflakes would hang themselves from the trauma long before they make it to Alaska's panhandle. Alaska is 70% Christian, they'd be in a shit-kitten's panic of made up crap like they are with Trump.

Why are you mad my dear? All I told you was the reality about Alaska. I don't want you to be my neighbor either but it seems that I don't have a choice 245 millions years from now.
Your tunnel food operations was created only bc you have no place for farming.
Tell you what...... How about you and I will discuss this again but live person to person.............. 245 millions years from now. Okay? Deal. See you then.

Mad? No not hardly, just correcting your bullshit. High tunneling greenhouses have zip-zero-zilch to do with land space, it's all about extending the growing season.

"Seasonal high tunnels have lots of benefits, especially in a state like Alaska where cold weather leaves a short growing season. They are incredible garden heaters, season extenders and profit generating machines for Alaska growers.

Seasonal high tunnels allow farmers like Alex and Kelly Strawn in Lazy Mountain, part of Alaska’s Matanuska Valley, to save on energy costs, control where to put water and fertilizer and grow more variety of vegetables for a longer period of time.

Because of these benefits, USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) provides assistance to farmers wanting to build a high tunnel.

While high tunnels may look like greenhouses, growers manage them quite differently. In high tunnels, plants are grown directly in the ground. High tunnels don’t use heaters and lights. Opening and closing the high tunnel regulates the sun’s heat.

High tunnels also control the rain. In Alaska, rains often come during the best time to harvest. High tunnels serve as an umbrella, minimizing rain damage to valuable crops.

Their warmth enables the production of warm-season crops such as peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and melons, which do not grow well outdoors in Alaska. “These warm-season crops are customer favorites and bring premium prices at the farmer’s market,” Kelly Strawn said. Last year, the Strawns grew three varieties of peppers, sweet corn and artichokes in their high tunnel.

High tunnels extend the growing season by allowing the grower to plant several weeks earlier in the spring and harvest well beyond the traditional time when plants are typically killed by frost.

Farmers growing leafy greens and other fast-growing produce have enough time to grow two crops, doubling their yields. The lengthened season of the high tunnel also enables Alaska growers to raise some of the more flavorful, mid-season varieties that will not ordinarily mature in Alaska’s short season."
~ USDA Blog » Alaska Growers Net Many Benefits from Seasonal High Tunnel

Forum List

Back