Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

Conservatives should be all over Hemp For Victory. It's more proof of the big government's lies and liberal media's censorship of important facts.

Support our troops. Replace foreign imports. Provide jobs in every state. Do your part to make America strong, independent and free. Genesis 1:12, ".....and God saw that it was good."

That's every Republican speech over the last 40 years.

Conservatives should be all over Hemp For Victory. It's more proof of the big government's lies and liberal media's censorship of important facts.

Support our troops. Replace foreign imports. Provide jobs in every state. Do your part to make America strong, independent and free. Genesis 1:12, ".....and God saw that it was good."

Dummy maybe if people like you would stop trying to smoke rope they would make hemp legal.

CaféAuLait;8844367 said:
Cannabis is not a drug, nor is it addictive. It is deliberately mischaracterized by the DEA.

Simple answer: government needs to stop lying about it.

It's not a drug? Yes, it is. High Times and NORML even state it's a drug.

I don't care who also gets it wrong, it's not a drug -- it's a plant. A drug is something we make, either from plants or chemicals we develop. But cannabis is a species that simply grows in the ground and needs no processing at all to use.

Example: Cocaine is a drug; a coca plant is not. The former is processed.

-- which just demonstrates what an insanity this Anslinger psychosis is... declaring a part of Nature to be "illegal". A couple of other posters have gone into fine detail about why that loser did that, particularly MikeK. It's all about money (and racism) and that's all it's ever been about.

So to reiterate: government needs to stop lying about it. We all know better by now.
So you consider shrooms also a plant and not a drug? That definition is not useful at all to be honest - particularly coming from one like yourself who continually demands that words have meanings:
Drug - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

b : a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication
/snip – middle definition removed
: something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness
Pot fits BOTH of those definitions of a drug. It causes a marked change in consciousness and is used as a medication ergo pot IS a drug. It is of note that processing has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning of drug whatsoever. The need to classify pot as something else does NOT help the push to make it legal or accepted as a medical treatment. Instead, it makes what those defending the idea state look like falsehoods considering that the claim it is not a drug is false.

Dummy maybe if people like you would stop trying to smoke rope they would make hemp legal.
I don't smoke rope. I smoke buds. Rope doesn't do anything. There isn't any THC in the fibers. This is something that you would know if you did the very least amount of research into the topic that you're discussing.

Hemp is illegal because marijuana is a drug. Hemp is not a drug. Can you explain that?

The DEA says that this is necessary because if hemp was legal and marijuana is illegal, then marijuana growers will grow their illegal crops under the cover of their legal hemp crops and the police wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Does this argument make sense to you? If it does, then allow me to tell you and the DEA why you are wrong.

Hemp destroys marijuana. Female marijuana plants growing next to male hemp plants will breed and the marijuana will become hemp, making the drug properties useless. More hemp = less marijuana. Simple enough? Probably not.

I don't care who also gets it wrong, it's not a drug -- it's a plant. A drug is something we make, either from plants or chemicals we develop. But cannabis is a species that simply grows in the ground and needs no processing at all to use.

-- which just demonstrates what an insanity this Anslinger psychosis is... declaring a part of Nature to be "illegal". A couple of other posters have gone into fine detail about why that loser did that, particularly MikeK. It's all about money (and racism) and that's all it's ever been about.

So to reiterate: government needs to stop lying about it. We all know better by now.

Hey stupid did you think all made drugs come from space? They come from compounds mostly extracted from plants.

That's what I just said, ya dumb shit. Read much?
tick... tick... tick...

His your stupidity just gets worse. Stop smoking pot it is not helping your obvious brain damage.

tapatalk post

What in the blue fuck is a "his your"? Are you stoned?

Exactly. So the answer is extract the compounds that matter and the problem is solved. But we know it's not really about that.

CaféAuLait;8844367 said:
It's not a drug? Yes, it is. High Times and NORML even state it's a drug.

So you consider shrooms also a plant and not a drug? That definition is not useful at all to be honest - particularly coming from one like yourself who continually demands that words have meanings:

: something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness
Pot fits BOTH of those definitions of a drug. It causes a marked change in consciousness and is used as a medication ergo pot IS a drug. It is of note that processing has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning of drug whatsoever. The need to classify pot as something else does NOT help the push to make it legal or accepted as a medical treatment. Instead, it makes what those defending the idea state look like falsehoods considering that the claim it is not a drug is false.

Does this come in an English syntax?

I don't think your dictionary has it right. At least that part I could follow. But those verbs running around in a lexicographical demolition derby... :dunno:

>> drug1 [druhg] Show IPA
noun
1. Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
a. any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
b. any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
d. any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.
3. a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, especially a narcotic.

drugs
a. chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter.
b. personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. << (Dic.com) <<

See the word "intended" that keeps coming up? That means some creator created it with the intention of some purpose. Unless you're suggesting that Nature has "intentions". The fact that some natural substance has some soporific or other physiological effect is simply its nature; extracting something from that natural substance for the purpose (intent) of bringing about some physiologic effect, is making a drug.

If your stomach is upset and you drink chamomile or peppermint tea for its effects in settling that, are you taking a "drug"? When I get a bronchial infection I take a hot soup and dump a handful of minced garlic into it for its help. Does that make garlic a "drug"? I got some blueberries today for their antioxidant properties. Are blueberries a "drug"? If I buy blueberries for the taste and not for the antioxidant properties, do they cease to be a "drug"? This is the distinction I make.

Ergo (<<pun), yes shrooms are a natural substance; extracting its active ingredient into a capsule-- now you have a drug. Peyote is a cactus; mescaline is a drug. Cannabis is a plant; Marinol is a drug.

Last edited:

I don't think your dictionary has it right. At least that part I could follow. But those verbs running around in a lexicographical demolition derby... :dunno:

noun
1. Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
a. any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
b. any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
d. any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.

drugs
a. chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter.
b. personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. << (Dic.com) <<

See the word "intended" that keeps coming up? That means some creator created it with the intention of some purpose. Unless you're suggesting that Nature has "intentions". The fact that some natural substance has some soporific or other physiological effect is simply its nature; extracting something from that natural substance for the purpose (intent) of bringing about some physiologic effect, is making a drug.

If your stomach is upset and you drink chamomile or peppermint tea for its effects in settling that, are you taking a "drug"? When I get a bronchial infection I take a hot soup and dump a handful of minced garlic into it for its help. Does that make garlic a "drug"? I got some blueberries today for their antioxidant properties. Are blueberries a "drug"? If I buy blueberries for the taste and not for the antioxidant properties, do they cease to be a "drug"? This is the distinction I make.

Ergo (<<pun), yes shrooms are a natural substance; extracting its active ingredient into a capsule-- now you have a drug. Peyote is a cactus; mescaline is a drug. Cannabis is a plant; Marinol is a drug.
Interesting take but I still would disagree.

Your tea and blueberry points are very well taken though. I think that the main difference I would put out there is that this is specifically taken to alter the mind making it clearly a drug. In that case, if you were to eat the plant then, no it would not be a drug. HOWEVER, when you dry it out and then put it in a form that specifically alters the mind (and this is NOT its natural plant state) then you have made it into a drug befitting of #3 in my dictionary reference.

Further, what actually matters in English is the common understanding of a word or phrase. I think that the common understanding is reflected in the dictionary that I used as a reference specifically in #3 where it points out the ‘marked change in consciousness. I can’t really call pot anything else, it seems that it is obviously a drug under that definition and that my understanding of the word certainly includes that definition. I think that would be in everyone’s definition to be honest. It alters your state of mind artificially – that is the very heart of what a non-medicinal drug does.

If Marijuana is only used to alter the mind then please explain this:

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

noun

drugs

Interesting take but I still would disagree.

Your tea and blueberry points are very well taken though. I think that the main difference I would put out there is that this is specifically taken to alter the mind making it clearly a drug. In that case, if you were to eat the plant then, no it would not be a drug. HOWEVER, when you dry it out and then put it in a form that specifically alters the mind (and this is NOT its natural plant state) then you have made it into a drug befitting of #3 in my dictionary reference.

Plants do dry and wither, so there's nothing 'unnatural' about the process of drying. And the THC which is the psychoactive ingredient, is a naturally-occurring part of the plant. That means it's there whether it ever gets used or not. Perhaps it's in there for some purpose of its own self-preservation. Perhaps it's put there by Nature (or "God" if you will) as a present. Perhaps both. The point is, we don't have to make it; it's already done.

Corollary to the old "if a tree falls"... If a cannabis plant grows and nobody smokes it, is it still a "drug"?

Further, what actually matters in English is the common understanding of a word or phrase. I think that the common understanding is reflected in the dictionary that I used as a reference specifically in #3 where it points out the ‘marked change in consciousness. I can’t really call pot anything else, it seems that it is obviously a drug under that definition and that my understanding of the word certainly includes that definition. I think that would be in everyone’s definition to be honest. It alters your state of mind artificially – that is the very heart of what a non-medicinal drug does.

Common understanding, sure. So again we're back to the word "intended". Intended by whom?

If you have a Marinol pill, you have a chemical synthesized to mimic THC; obviously it's intended to have the same effect, ergo (pun again, does anyone get that?) that's a drug. But who made natural THC psychoactive? We didn't do it.

This is the active component I'm saying needs to be present to have a "drug". Nature doesn't make drugs. We do.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlFMKmE7pg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlFMKmE7pg[/ame]

The sticky resin on the flowers of the female plant which contains the psychoactive ingredient THC develops naturally on the plant to collect pollen from the male Cannabis plant for reproduction. That is its natural function when left alone by humans or animals. It is a part of the plant, necessary for the propagation of the species, as designed by Nature's God.

There are receptors in the human brain which react specifically to THC, possibly indicating a natural relationship between Cannabis and humans. As has been repeated numerous times, Cannabis was used by every culture since the beginning of recorded history. America's first marijuana law was in 1619 at Jamestown, making hemp production mandatory for all landowners because it was essential to seafaring and international trade.

Only since 1937 has the US Federal government made a concerted effort to not only destroy marijuana, but to also destroy any factual history of marijuana from reaching the general public. "Marihuana" was legalized to support our troops during World War II. Cannabis was outlawed in 1937 and then legalized in 1942. The US government once again encouraged Americans to grow "Marihuana" even after telling Americans that "Marihuana" will cause murder, rape and incurable insanity.

Why did we never hear about Hemp For Victory in history class? Are we supposed to believe that it was such a minor operation that it had no bearing on the outcome of the war? The US Navy would have been useless and D-Day would never have happened. This isn't open to debate. This was the primary reason that "Marihuana" was legalized- to support the military so that we could fight and win the war.

We weren't told about Hemp For Victory in history class because the government doesn't want us to know about it. Every administration, both Republican and Democrat, have tried to smash the Cannabis industry and the will of the People. They have failed. The truth is out and more people are learning the facts and history of this resource and its importance to America's freedom and democracy.

This country wouldn't exist if not for "Marihuana".

Last edited:

Listen, thanatos, let's just all agree it's silly this plant is illegal. It's not dangerous.

Letting people murder people without consequences is dangerous.
Letting people assault people without consequences is dangerous.
Letting people steal without consequences is dangerous.

But letting people smoke marijuana? That is not dangerous.

Legalize it. The law is silly. Enough with all this garbage.

Threads like this are revealing. We have, or think we have, a pretty good idea of who's on "the right" or "the left" or "the middle" around these parts, but here's a topic where it seems the left and right consistently agree that the laws on this are downright stupid.

So the only ones left to stand for the draconian law are... the Authoritarians. Those who advocate government control of its citizens' lives. Apparently solely for the sake of control, since all the pretexts have been obliterated long ago.

Authoritarians. Brings 'em right out of the woodwork.

Last edited:
I sell Medical marijuana every day of the week on Main Street in the town I live in. I am located less than 200 feet(that's right 200 feet) from the local police station. I have a long history of involvment with the marijuana movement as well as an education from a marijuana college.

I see so much false information in this thread....sad really. Look folks, cannabis is just another herb. It does not have magic properties for the good or the bad. Like any other "herb of the fields" it has the capacity to help or to hurt.

Those that demand things be separated into two groups, whether it be good vs bad, white vs black, stupid vs smart or tastes great vs less filling are missing the point.

Grow up and reason this through.....
Specifics, please?

Listen, thanatos, let's just all agree it's silly this plant is illegal. It's not dangerous.

It isn't silly. People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance. Lying about it isn't going to change that. Two states have made pot legal to for rec use. I say we watch them and then let the other states decide. It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do.....Amazing how the two ideologies are alike .

It isn't silly. People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance. Lying about it isn't going to change that. Two states have made pot legal to for rec use. I say we watch them and then let the other states decide. It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do.....Amazing how the two ideologies are alike .
Dude, do you actually believe the shit that you write? Is this your job? Do you get paid to write mindless right-wing bullshit on the internet? Do you even listen to yourself?

"People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance.... It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do."

Do you see how wrong that is? Who are you, fascist, to tell me that this is a dangerous narcotic? I use it every single day so that I don't black out and smash my face into my furniture, and I haven't killed or raped anyone, I've never robbed a liquor store, I don't own a car so I'm not driving over any little kids, so when does this dangerous narcotic turn me into a raping, pillaging axe murderer?

You're opinion is not based on science. Science says that marijuana is medicine, and hemp is a versatile, annually renewable natural resource with thousands of industrial applications.

Search: Shafer Commission 1972. Search: Hemp For Victory. Search: HR 1635.

Please make an effort to learn about the subject on which you are speaking.

Dude, do you actually believe the shit that you write? Is this your job? Do you get paid to write mindless right-wing bullshit on the internet? Do you even listen to yourself?

"People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance.... It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do."

Do you see how wrong that is? Who are you, fascist, to tell me that this is a dangerous narcotic? I use it every single day so that I don't black out and smash my face into my furniture, and I haven't killed or raped anyone, I've never robbed a liquor store, I don't own a car so I'm not driving over any little kids, so when does this dangerous narcotic turn me into a raping, pillaging axe murderer?

You're opinion is not based on science. Science says that marijuana is medicine, and hemp is a versatile, annually renewable natural resource with thousands of industrial applications.

Search: Shafer Commission 1972. Search: Hemp For Victory. Search: HR 1635.

Please make an effort to learn about the subject on which you are speaking.
You are proof pot fries brain cells.

Illinois recently passed Medical Marijuana legislation.

But Illinois being Illinois, it could be years before we actually have a working format in place.

That said- I stopped in on a Medical Marijuana facility in Michigan just the other day. The attending physician was very helpful and informative. The office was immaculate and did not smell of weed. He said that he uses highly efficient air filters in his building.

I could see shelves of weed buds in the next room, but he told me that I couldn't go there because I'm not a client. No problem.

We had a great talk. I told him about my brother who's diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic/manic-depressive and likes his smoke. I'd much rather he have a prescription than to buy his shit off the street. He understood, and offered up several suggestions and avenues of approach.

When I got home, I followed up with some phone calls to my brother's physician as well as his psychiatrist. They all said NYET. Ain't gonna go there.

So, it's back to the street.

Illinois- our nation's greatest failure on all fronts.

Forum List

Back