Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

No legitimate doctor prescribes or recommends marijuana. Some doctors will stop their treatment and care if they find that the patient is self medicating.

Why so, Katz?

What if marijuana makes a cancer patient's pain go away, or increases a person's appetite and a doctor would rather prescribe that vs. a prescription drug that has a million side effects and requires the patients to take even more drugs to counteract the side effects? Does marijuana not help people because YOU said so? Millions of people think otherwise.

Marijuana - again - is non toxic and is much, much less harmful to the human body than say highly addictive, deadly drugs like Oxycontin.

Katz, I urge you to open up your mind. What they taught you about marijuana is untrue. Join the movement of sane, rational people and let's get this legalized.

No one "taught" me anything about marijuana, except for the drug addicts that use it. All I have been "taught" is that it is beneficial and harmless. Experience "taught" me differently.

You are part of the movement of drug addicts justifying their addiction and that is really all you are.

you have no experience around Pot...if you did your "tales" would not be so dam outlandish compared to all of us who have actually been involved with those who have and have actually smoked the stuff....all you are Katz is one of the few remaining paranoid idiots who only listen to other paranoid idiots......the great majority of people who have actually been around the stuff,even if they dont want it legalized will admit it should not be a schedule 1 drug and should at the least be Decriminalized...and that is the opinion of a hell of a lot of Doctors too.......

Why so, Katz?

What if marijuana makes a cancer patient's pain go away, or increases a person's appetite and a doctor would rather prescribe that vs. a prescription drug that has a million side effects and requires the patients to take even more drugs to counteract the side effects? Does marijuana not help people because YOU said so? Millions of people think otherwise.

Marijuana - again - is non toxic and is much, much less harmful to the human body than say highly addictive, deadly drugs like Oxycontin.

Katz, I urge you to open up your mind. What they taught you about marijuana is untrue. Join the movement of sane, rational people and let's get this legalized.

No one "taught" me anything about marijuana, except for the drug addicts that use it. All I have been "taught" is that it is beneficial and harmless. Experience "taught" me differently.

You are part of the movement of drug addicts justifying their addiction and that is really all you are.

you have no experience around Pot...if you did your "tales" would not be so dam outlandish compared to all of us who have actually been involved with those who have and have actually smoked the stuff....all you are Katz is one of the few remaining paranoid idiots who only listen to other paranoid idiots......the great majority of people who have actually been around the stuff,even if they dont want it legalized will admit it should not be a schedule 1 drug and should at the least be Decriminalized...and that is the opinion of a hell of a lot of Doctors too.......

and several cops I know....

No legitimate doctor prescribes or recommends marijuana. Some doctors will stop their treatment and care if they find that the patient is self medicating.

Why so, Katz?

You're a racist asshole who advocates shooting pot smokers in the face, so your abject ignorance can go suck a bhong.

There's no reason for it to be illegal Katz. If people get addicted to something, that's their own damn problem. Heck, most Americans go home and watch 7 hours of sh%t television every day of their life, wasting away on their couches while growing gigantic bellies from eating processed microwave TV dinners. You don't think those are addictions? Are you going to ban all of those things too?

My point is that these things should be my choice. I should be able to choose what I put inside my body - especially when it comes to a substance that is non-toxic and can't kill you! If I choose to rape and murder after that you can go right ahead and arrest me. I'm fine with those sorts of laws.

But to sit on my porch peacefully and smoke a cigarette, or drink a beer, or maybe even a joint - why should I be forbidden to partake in any of those things? Down with the Authoritarian view. I'm fed up with it. I'm a G-damn adult Katz.

If I want to smoke I should be able to do so. It hurts no one. Let's save that $40,000,000,000 we waste every single year on police work and put it into something worthwhile.

Last edited:
Please provide some specifics about the "dangers and addictions associated with marijuana use."

Citing first hand experience and knowledge, THC is a debilitating, anxiety and depression inducing substance. That said, if you have no problem with it go ahead and use. But if you blow your THC smoke in my vicinity when I am in public or in any space I have the right to be, I'll shoot you to death in self-defense. Your funeral and my acquittal. I refuse to be held hostage by ignorance. Especially propagated ignorance.

Who's?

Willing to shoot someone because they blow smoke in your direction makes you a fucking psycho in my book. You should start consuming Hash Brownies immediately.

"I'll shoot you to death........" :lol::lol::lol:
You should be the first to be shot for injecting the debilitating substance THC into others' bodies and for being an example of abject ignorance and self-centeredness.
It's really stupid, closeminded moronic bigots like you who will be giving pot an even worse name than it already deserves.

Look through this thread to see the kind of stupidity that we're up against on this issue. The Shafer Commission said in 1972 that marijuana is not a problem. Now in 2014, people who have never used marijuana are telling everyone how dangerous it is.

Even the fact that marijuana legalization saved America during World War II can't convince anyone that this is beneficial to America. These people wouldn't even have a country if not for this plant, and they believe the big government revision of history. These people are flat out denying American history. They look at the government as some oppressive Fascist regime and yet they call for more government control over what medicine we can grow in our backyards. Small-government Conservatives want our big government looking into our bedrooms with drones and heat-signature cameras to find hot grow lights in our closets.

Hemp doesn't even get people high and right now the DEA spends the majority of their time destroying hemp.
98 Percent Of All Domestically Eradicated Marijuana Is "Ditchweed," DEA Admits

This right-wing stupidity is unbelievable but it just goes on, month after year after decade.

China's method of dealing with drugs is the best. There is no arrest or trial. It is a medical problem determined by blood test. The addict is ordered to work rehabilitation for three years. Plenty of time to detox. Work is on a farm or in a factory. If they reoffend they spend another three years. That's six years to recover from drugs. If they reoffend again, they are chronic addicts and never released. It is fair and cost effective.

That's what is wrong with America! We should have laws more like China!!!:cuckoo:

1. Are there any groups pushing for Decriminalization of Marijuana which EMPHASIZE the need to address drug abuse, addiction, and crime AS A PRIORITY and DON'T DENY or playdown the dangers and addictions associated with marijuana use?

[...]
Please provide some specifics about the "dangers and addictions associated with marijuana use."

Citing first hand experience and knowledge, THC is a debilitating, anxiety and depression inducing substance. That said, if you have no problem with it go ahead and use. But if you blow your THC smoke in my vicinity when I am in public or in any space I have the right to be, I'll shoot you to death in self-defense. Your funeral and my acquittal. I refuse to be held hostage by ignorance. Especially propagated ignorance.

...and this, ladies and gentlemen, is our argument for gun control.

Look through this thread to see the kind of stupidity that we're up against on this issue. The Shafer Commission said in 1972 that marijuana is not a problem. Now in 2014, people who have never used marijuana are telling everyone how dangerous it is.

Even the fact that marijuana legalization saved America during World War II can't convince anyone that this is beneficial to America. These people wouldn't even have a country if not for this plant, and they believe the big government revision of history. These people are flat out denying American history. They look at the government as some oppressive Fascist regime and yet they call for more government control over what medicine we can grow in our backyards. Small-government Conservatives want our big government looking into our bedrooms with drones and heat-signature cameras to find hot grow lights in our closets.

Hemp doesn't even get people high and right now the DEA spends the majority of their time destroying hemp.
98 Percent Of All Domestically Eradicated Marijuana Is "Ditchweed," DEA Admits

This right-wing stupidity is unbelievable but it just goes on, month after year after decade.

there are a lot of people on the right who have smoked,do so now or have no problem with the stuff....even many of them think it should be decriminalized...

Last edited:

Who's?

Willing to shoot someone because they blow smoke in your direction makes you a fucking psycho in my book. You should start consuming Hash Brownies immediately.

"I'll shoot you to death........" :lol::lol::lol:
You should be the first to be shot for injecting the debilitating substance THC into others' bodies and for being an example of abject ignorance and self-centeredness.
It's really stupid, closeminded moronic bigots like you who will be giving pot an even worse name than it already deserves.

Jesus fucking Christ. It's worse than I thought. Might I suggest some LSD or Mushroom therapy?

The New Science Of LSD Therapy | Popular Science

Love that injecting THC bit, really. :cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Nq3xuHkgE]Monty Python | Spot the Looney - YouTube[/ame]

The system is backwards. People should have to hold a card to use the dangerous drugs manufactured by the big pharma companies and the use of god-given plants should be unregulated.

Anything else is NOT freedom under any definition.

Last edited:
how would you know? you have never been to a party that was mostly pot.....i doubt if you have ever seen a joint .....but i bet you sucked up that beer.....

Bunch of people getting high and eating doritoes is not a party.

tapatalk post

you said.....You act like they are different parties when in fact they're not ....how in the fuck would you know?....you have never seen a joint.....you have never been to a party with a bunch of people smoking pot....so how the fuck would you know?.....did Katz tell you?....
A lot more then you will ever know....

Good point, Mike. I like you don't really buy the gateway drug argument, and for that reason. BTW, I smoked pot in High School and for a couple years in college. It was the seventies, pot was everywhere. I also do believe what they say and that it's a lot more potent now. I never did any other drugs and had no interest in doing so. However, I do think my starting to grow up and quitting smoking pot are not unrelated.
Does that same argument apply to alcohol for you, or anyone else, as well?

Is drinking a childish thing that tapers off and ultimately stops once one "grows up?" Should it be?

I don't expect you to go back and read the whole discussion, but I said I don't see a difference between a social pot smoker and a social drinker. On the other hand, either is bad when they are a crutch.

How about the fact that I can drink a beer and not get drunk where as you can smoke pot and say the same.

You're evading my question also, thanatos. Do you seriously not grasp the difference between someone harming themselves and someone harming someone else? There no beating your wife component in that, there's only an are you seriously that clueless component to that.

Resume evading.
It is a non question because junkies don't just hurt themselves

tapatalk post

If that's true, you realize what you just said is that you don't know the difference between someone who harms other people and someone who harms no one. Didn't think that through, did you?

So, since you want to play word games, you argued that someone taking drugs, putting them in their own body, is the same as someone who kills someone. You're FOS, aren't you?
I know what i said.... I am telling the truth where you are speaking lies. A junkie never just hurts themselves....

Listen, thanatos, let's just all agree it's silly this plant is illegal. It's not dangerous.

Letting people murder people without consequences is dangerous.
Letting people assault people without consequences is dangerous.
Letting people steal without consequences is dangerous.

But letting people smoke marijuana? That is not dangerous.

Legalize it. The law is silly. Enough with all this garbage.
It isn't silly. People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance. Lying about it isn't going to change that. Two states have made pot legal to for rec use. I say we watch them and then let the other states decide. It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do.....Amazing how the two ideologies are alike .

"After two years of secret planning, Anslinger brought his plan to Congress — complete with a scrapbook full of sensational Hearst editorials, stories of ax murderers who had supposedly smoked marijuana, and racial slurs.

It was a remarkably short set of hearings.

The one fly in Anslinger’s ointment was the appearance by Dr. William C. Woodward, Legislative Council of the American Medical Association.

Woodward started by slamming Harry Anslinger and the Bureau of Narcotics for distorting earlier AMA statements that had nothing to do with marijuana and making them appear to be AMA endorsement for Anslinger’s view.

He also reproached the legislature and the Bureau for using the term marijuana in the legislation and not publicizing it as a bill about cannabis or hemp. At this point, marijuana (or marihuana) was a sensationalist word used to refer to Mexicans smoking a drug and had not been connected in most people’s minds to the existing cannabis/hemp plant. Thus, many who had legitimate reasons to oppose the bill weren’t even aware of it.

Woodward went on to state that the AMA was opposed to the legislation and further questioned the approach of the hearings, coming close to outright accusation of misconduct by Anslinger and the committee:

The committee passed the legislation on. And on the floor of the house, the entire discussion was:

Member from upstate New York: “Mr. Speaker, what is this bill about?”

Speaker Rayburn: “I don’t know. It has something to do with a thing called marihuana. I think it’s a narcotic of some kind.”

“Mr. Speaker, does the American Medical Association support this bill?”

Member on the committee jumps up and says: “Their Doctor Wentworth[sic] came down here. They support this bill 100 percent.”

And on the basis of that lie, on August 2, 1937, marijuana became illegal at the federal level. "

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant

We live in a republic.... Maybe you might want to look up how our country works.

Forum List

Back