Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

Listen, thanatos, let's just all agree it's silly this plant is illegal. It's not dangerous.

Letting people murder people without consequences is dangerous.
Letting people assault people without consequences is dangerous.
Letting people steal without consequences is dangerous.

But letting people smoke marijuana? That is not dangerous.

Legalize it. The law is silly. Enough with all this garbage.
It isn't silly. People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance. Lying about it isn't going to change that. Two states have made pot legal to for rec use. I say we watch them and then let the other states decide. It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do.....Amazing how the two ideologies are alike .

yea back in the reefer madness days when they knew zero about the stuff.....it was through paranoia about something that jerks like you spread about.....Education is what usually changes peoples minds.....as you can see you paranoid ignorant fucks have lost a lot of ground since the 30's....in another 10 years you people wont even matter anymore when it comes to Pot....
How is lying about it not being harmful help your cause?

Illinois recently passed Medical Marijuana legislation.

But Illinois being Illinois, it could be years before we actually have a working format in place.

That said- I stopped in on a Medical Marijuana facility in Michigan just the other day. The attending physician was very helpful and informative. The office was immaculate and did not smell of weed. He said that he uses highly efficient air filters in his building.

I could see shelves of weed buds in the next room, but he told me that I couldn't go there because I'm not a client. No problem.

We had a great talk. I told him about my brother who's diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic/manic-depressive and likes his smoke. I'd much rather he have a prescription than to buy his shit off the street. He understood, and offered up several suggestions and avenues of approach.

When I got home, I followed up with some phone calls to my brother's physician as well as his psychiatrist. They all said NYET. Ain't gonna go there.

So, it's back to the street.

Illinois- our nation's greatest failure on all fronts.
You want to give a person with mental problems a drug that causes mental problems?

I don't think MJ causes mental problems. It does have its own medicinal properties.

It can. And not it doesn't have medical properties.... It gets you high.... It gives you the munchies....That is the extent of any medical properties. It causes chemical unbalance in the brain....Thus why you get high.... Not a good thing if the person already has a unbalance.

Why so, Katz?

What if marijuana makes a cancer patient's pain go away, or increases a person's appetite and a doctor would rather prescribe that vs. a prescription drug that has a million side effects and requires the patients to take even more drugs to counteract the side effects? Does marijuana not help people because YOU said so? Millions of people think otherwise.

Marijuana - again - is non toxic and is much, much less harmful to the human body than say highly addictive, deadly drugs like Oxycontin.

Katz, I urge you to open up your mind. What they taught you about marijuana is untrue. Join the movement of sane, rational people and let's get this legalized.

No one "taught" me anything about marijuana, except for the drug addicts that use it. All I have been "taught" is that it is beneficial and harmless. Experience "taught" me differently.

You are part of the movement of drug addicts justifying their addiction and that is really all you are.

You're a racist asshole who advocates shooting pot smokers in the face, so your abject ignorance can go suck a bhong.
Pot heads are their own race now??? WTF????

No one "taught" me anything about marijuana, except for the drug addicts that use it. All I have been "taught" is that it is beneficial and harmless. Experience "taught" me differently.

You are part of the movement of drug addicts justifying their addiction and that is really all you are.

There's no reason for it to be illegal Katz. If people get addicted to something, that's their own damn problem. Heck, most Americans go home and watch 7 hours of sh%t television every day of their life, wasting away on their couches while growing gigantic bellies from eating processed microwave TV dinners. You don't think those are addictions? Are you going to ban all of those things too?

My point is that these things should be my choice. I should be able to choose what I put inside my body - especially when it comes to a substance that is non-toxic and can't kill you! If I choose to rape and murder after that you can go right ahead and arrest me. I'm fine with those sorts of laws.

But to sit on my porch peacefully and smoke a cigarette, or drink a beer, or maybe even a joint - why should I be forbidden to partake in any of those things? Down with the Authoritarian view. I'm fed up with it. I'm a G-damn adult Katz.

If I want to smoke I should be able to do so. It hurts no one. Let's save that $40,000,000,000 we waste every single year on police work and put it into something worthwhile.

It can kill you. The reasons for it to be illegal are many and varied. From harmful to children's development to Emphysema and cancer. It is a poison. Much like any narcotic is.

Last edited:

im sure Katz,Thanatos and this new dipshit Roshawn just ate that up

And yet seem to believe lies just as absurd.

Honesty is all I am asking for in this debate. I will NEVER EVER vote for medical marijuana. Why? Because it is a lie that does nothing but use sick dieing people to backdoor legal pot. It is despicable.

I might vote for legal rec use IF both sides are honestly debating it. I have no problem with people voting for what laws they have or dont have. Hell if I dont like it I can always move to another state. Yet NONE OF YOU want this honest debate.Instead you wish to force your wants on all of us.... Much like Obama did with the unaffordable care act. Using as many lies as well. First among them is that pot isn't harmful....Of course it is! You get high using it! Anytime you alter your natural state it is harmful! Also how in the fuck do you plan on proving a person is high while driving????? Breathalyzers can do this for booze but wont work for pot....Are you willing to give up your blood when demanded? Not sure I am willing to give any government my DNA just so I can get high.

None of you ever once asked me if I was pro legalizing or against....You just assumed it was against because I kept pointing out the lies.

Bunch of people getting high and eating doritoes is not a party.

tapatalk post

you said.....You act like they are different parties when in fact they're not ....how in the fuck would you know?....you have never seen a joint.....you have never been to a party with a bunch of people smoking pot....so how the fuck would you know?.....did Katz tell you?....
A lot more then you will ever know....

yea im sure you have practical experience....your comments here just back that up....

It is a non question because junkies don't just hurt themselves

tapatalk post

If that's true, you realize what you just said is that you don't know the difference between someone who harms other people and someone who harms no one. Didn't think that through, did you?

So, since you want to play word games, you argued that someone taking drugs, putting them in their own body, is the same as someone who kills someone. You're FOS, aren't you?
I know what i said.... I am telling the truth where you are speaking lies. A junkie never just hurts themselves....

yea....im sure you are....your "experiences" with Pot just back that up....

It isn't silly. People decided that this NARCOTIC that is harmful to people to be a controlled substance. Lying about it isn't going to change that. Two states have made pot legal to for rec use. I say we watch them and then let the other states decide. It isn't up to you liberals and fascist libertarians to tell all of us what to do.....Amazing how the two ideologies are alike .

yea back in the reefer madness days when they knew zero about the stuff.....it was through paranoia about something that jerks like you spread about.....Education is what usually changes peoples minds.....as you can see you paranoid ignorant fucks have lost a lot of ground since the 30's....in another 10 years you people wont even matter anymore when it comes to Pot....
How is lying about it not being harmful help your cause?

you are part of the small crowd who over exaggerates the dangers of pot.... anyone who thinks pot is more destructive than alcohol,more addicting than nicotine,basically anyone who has a 1930's mentality about it.....someone who believes if you smoke a joint today,you are still going to be high 3 weeks from now.....lets just say you dont come off looking to bright.....and thats you and Katz....

im sure Katz,Thanatos and this new dipshit Roshawn just ate that up

Honesty is all I am asking for in this debate. I will NEVER EVER vote for medical marijuana. Why? Because it is a lie that does nothing but use sick dieing people to backdoor legal pot. It is despicable.

I might vote for legal rec use IF both sides are honestly debating it. I have no problem with people voting for what laws they have or dont have. Hell if I dont like it I can always move to another state. Yet NONE OF YOU want this honest debate.Instead you wish to force your wants on all of us.... Much like Obama did with the unaffordable care act. Using as many lies as well. First among them is that pot isn't harmful....Of course it is! You get high using it! Anytime you alter your natural state it is harmful! Also how in the fuck do you plan on proving a person is high while driving????? Breathalyzers can do this for booze but wont work for pot....Are you willing to give up your blood when demanded? Not sure I am willing to give any government my DNA just so I can get high.

None of you ever once asked me if I was pro legalizing or against....You just assumed it was against because I kept pointing out the lies.

most here assumed you were against it because of your attitude and the over exaggerated bullshit you were posting.....like i stated earlier.....there are many who dont want to see it legalized,but are for it being decriminalized...but these are people who have actually either smoked it themselves and know how they and others reacted....or they have dealt with it in their jobs and know how people who are high react....like many Doctors and Cops....i have stated in other threads on this that until they make Alcohol and Cigarettes, two proven killers illegal,im for Pot.....when they make them illegal i will be for pot being illegal.....until then ...

MARIJUANA DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER, according to the US Federal government.
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

MARIJUANA IS NOT DANGEROUS TO SOCIETY, according to the US Federal government.
Marihuana, A Signal of Misunderstanding - Table of Contents

MARIJUANA WAS LEGALIZED TO DEFEND YOUR FREEDOM, according to the US Federal government.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hemp+for+victory&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Oh, but it's all from the government and the government LIES! It's all just lying big government liberal media lies, right?

It can. And not it doesn't have medical properties.... It gets you high.... It gives you the munchies....That is the extent of any medical properties. It causes chemical unbalance in the brain....Thus why you get high.... Not a good thing if the person already has a unbalance.

Thanatos, if a cancer patient were to say that he/she uses marijuana to relieve pain, reduce nausea, and increase appetite, would you consider them a liar?

Would you tell them, "no, marijuana has no medical properties"?

It can kill you. The reasons for it to be illegal are many and varied.
It can't kill you. There are no official records of anyone dying from marijuana inhalation/ingestion last year. If you think otherwise, show me some evidence. There were however over fifty thousand people who died from alcohol poisoning last year.

From harmful to children's development to Emphysema and cancer.
Children won't be allowed to use marijuana. It will still be regulated (like alcohol). Alcohol can ALSO be harmful to a child's development. So can smoking. So can ingesting too much caffeine. We - again - don't give these things to kids. Poor example, Thanatos.

It is a poison.

Well, perhaps the worst poison of all time, given that it can't kill you even when smoked/ingested in great quantities.

"After two years of secret planning, Anslinger brought his plan to Congress — complete with a scrapbook full of sensational Hearst editorials, stories of ax murderers who had supposedly smoked marijuana, and racial slurs.

It was a remarkably short set of hearings.

The one fly in Anslinger’s ointment was the appearance by Dr. William C. Woodward, Legislative Council of the American Medical Association.

Woodward started by slamming Harry Anslinger and the Bureau of Narcotics for distorting earlier AMA statements that had nothing to do with marijuana and making them appear to be AMA endorsement for Anslinger’s view.

He also reproached the legislature and the Bureau for using the term marijuana in the legislation and not publicizing it as a bill about cannabis or hemp. At this point, marijuana (or marihuana) was a sensationalist word used to refer to Mexicans smoking a drug and had not been connected in most people’s minds to the existing cannabis/hemp plant. Thus, many who had legitimate reasons to oppose the bill weren’t even aware of it.

Woodward went on to state that the AMA was opposed to the legislation and further questioned the approach of the hearings, coming close to outright accusation of misconduct by Anslinger and the committee:

The committee passed the legislation on. And on the floor of the house, the entire discussion was:

Member from upstate New York: “Mr. Speaker, what is this bill about?”

Speaker Rayburn: “I don’t know. It has something to do with a thing called marihuana. I think it’s a narcotic of some kind.”

“Mr. Speaker, does the American Medical Association support this bill?”

Member on the committee jumps up and says: “Their Doctor Wentworth[sic] came down here. They support this bill 100 percent.”

And on the basis of that lie, on August 2, 1937, marijuana became illegal at the federal level. "

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant

We live in a republic.... Maybe you might want to look up how our country works.

The above exchange is how the Republic works, complete with lies.

[MENTION=18909]thanatos144[/MENTION], I'm going to leave it at this:

If you are in favor of prohibiting marijuana AND alcohol - given that alcohol is a highly addictive recreational drug that kills brain cells and is directly responsible for over 50,000 deaths/year - I will leave you alone and respect the fact that you are at least consistent in your views. I can respect that. This is your honest attempt at a drug free, sober society.

But what I can't respect is someone who is for the prohibition of marijuana but at the same time thinks that legal alcohol is completely acceptable.

Where do you stand on this?

Last edited:
It can kill you. The reasons for it to be illegal are many and varied.
It can't kill you. There are no official records of anyone dying from marijuana inhalation/ingestion last year. If you think otherwise, show me some evidence. There were however over fifty thousand people who died from alcohol poisoning last year.

From harmful to children's development to Emphysema and cancer.
Children won't be allowed to use marijuana. It will still be regulated (like alcohol). Alcohol can ALSO be harmful to a child's development. So can smoking. So can ingesting too much caffeine. We - again - don't give these things to kids. Poor example, Thanatos.

It is a poison.

Well, perhaps the worst poison of all time, given that it can't kill you even when smoked/ingested in great quantities.
I just found this:
Marijuana triggered deaths of two men, study says - CBS News
Study Links Marijuana to Two Deaths - TIME

Two deaths from cardio problems after smoking marijuana. Note that marijuana did not cause an overdose, the patients did not die from Cannabis toxicity, and 13 of the 15 patients' cases reviewed showed that marijuana was not a factor in their deaths. One person had an undetected heart problem and the other was an alcoholic coke-addict with a weak heart.

The CBS article notes that "strenuous activity" might have been enough to kill either of these men. So to the general public, smoking marijuana is as dangerous as jogging.

But there you have it- two recorded deaths in the last 6,000 years of medical history. This is obviously proof that marijuana is dangerous, in the same way that 14 cases of voter fraud in the last ten years are proof that voter fraud is a rampant epidemic that must be stopped at all costs.

The American Cancer Society's opinion.

Marijuana

Marijuana and cyclic nausea

Marijuana Use May Cause Severe Cyclic Nausea, Vomiting | ScienceBlog.com

Marijuana and cyclic vomiting syndrome

Marijuana and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome

Whatever medicinal effects marijuana has can be processed out to eliminate the harmful side effects.

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

But why can't I - as a taxpaying adult - be allowed to use the drug in a recreational way if I choose to do so? How is that hurting anyone?

But there you have it- two recorded deaths in the last 6,000 years of medical history. This is obviously proof that marijuana is dangerous, in the same way that 14 cases of voter fraud in the last ten years are proof that voter fraud is a rampant epidemic that must be stopped at all costs.

Lol. This reminds me of a scene from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971):

Mr. Turkentine: Charlie Bucket, how many did you open?
Charlie Bucket: Two.
Mr. Turkentine: That's easy. 200 is twice 100...
Charlie Bucket: Not 200, just two.
Mr. Turkentine: Two? What do you mean you only opened two?
Charlie Bucket: I don't care very much for chocolate.
Mr. Turkentine: Well, I can't figure out just two! So let's pretend you opened 200. Now, if you opened 200 Wonka bars, apart from being dreadfully sick, you'd have used up 20% of 1,000, which is 15% half over again, 10%...

[MENTION=18909]thanatos144[/MENTION], I'm going to leave it at this:

If you are in favor of prohibiting marijuana AND alcohol - given that alcohol is a highly addictive recreational drug that kills brain cells and is directly responsible for over 50,000 deaths/year - I will leave you alone and respect the fact that you are at least consistent in your views. I can respect that. This is your honest attempt at a drug free, sober society.

But what I can't respect is someone who is for the prohibition of marijuana but at the same time thinks that legal alcohol is completely acceptable.

Where do you stand on this?

Alcohol is not highly addictive. That's the pot talking through your mouth. Not everyone who has a drink gets drunk. There is no reason to use pot except to get high.

Unlike alcohol, marijuana can be made into edibles which children do eat and they are poisoned.

Accidental Pot Ingestion Spikes for Colorado Kids, Study Finds | LiveScience

Student in coma after eating marijuana cake | New York Post

Even adults have been poisoned by marijuana edibles.
Complaints of nausea and dizziness
Seniors who ate pot brownies at funeral hospitalized - The Orange County Register

Forum List

Back