US Energy Production Hits All-Time High

No stupid! They already know there's oil on that land. God you're dumb.
And you know this, how exactly? Link to it so I can evaluate it, please.
We've "GIVEN" the oil companies enough land. They're sitting on thousands of acres. Drill those sites first and MAYBE we will give you more later.
Only if it makes sense to drill there.
And are they passing on any of that money on to American consumers or just selling it for the max on the open market? I think you know the answer to that.
Oil is a global commodity. It has a global price.
Remember Iraqi's used to pay 30 cents a gallon? If we are energy independent, how come we aren't paying $1 a gallon now?
Because, as I said before, oil is a global commodity with a global price. Us producing more than we use just means no one else can hold the threat of cutting it off over our heads like OPEC did in the 70's.
As of May 2024, gas prices in Iraq are:
  • Premium petrol (95 octane): 850 Iraqi dinars ($0.65) per liter
That's about $2.60/gallon.
  • Super petrol (98 octane): 1,250 Iraqi dinars per liter
  • Regular petrol (low octane): 450 Iraqi dinars per liter

34 cents a gallon they pay? If we are energy independent why don't we pay less now?
Because we haven't nationalized the oil industry. Like I said, energy independence just means no one can force us to do anything by threatening to cut off the oil.

And you know this, how exactly? Link to it so I can evaluate it, please.

Only if it makes sense to drill there.

Oil is a global commodity. It has a global price.

Because, as I said before, oil is a global commodity with a global price. Us producing more than we use just means no one else can hold the threat of cutting it off over our heads like OPEC did in the 70's.

That's about $2.60/gallon.

Because we haven't nationalized the oil industry. Like I said, energy independence just means no one can force us to do anything by threatening to cut off the oil.
Hey finally a good reply

who said we were? Who thinks we are paying less than 4 or 5 years ago?

There is no 4 or 5 year period in my 60 year lifetime that prices were cheaper at the end of that the beginning of
Many types of tech get cheaper as they mature and become better implemented. Inflation is generally one way...but sometimes things also fluctuate and drop for awhile. But anyway... come on! I'm not sure why you think that your sole perception negates the fact that so many people are blind to the true state of the economy. All kinds of Biden/Harris supporters and clueless leftist supporters of the New World Order...seemingly common people who are not affluent at all...absolutely ARE arguing that inflation isn't happening and the economy is doing great. The economy is not doing great when people can barely afford to do more than just pay their every day bills. An economy is doing great when it has a modest surplus and ordinary people can afford to save for homes and other investments. People are having a hard time doing that unless they are way up on the pyramid. I work in one of the top 10 most affluent neighborhoods in my state. After the pandemic even THOSE people started complaining about the prices!

Many types of tech get cheaper as they mature and become better implemented. Inflation is generally one way...but sometimes things also fluctuate and drop for awhile.

Sure, individual items come down in price, but not prices over all. My first PC cost me 2 grand and it could not do 1/10 of what my phone does today.

But anyway... come on! I'm not sure why you think that your sole perception negates the fact that so many people are blind to the true state of the economy. All kinds of Biden/Harris supporters and clueless leftist supporters of the New World Order...seemingly common people who are not affluent at all...absolutely ARE arguing that inflation isn't happening and the economy is doing great.

All I have seen them argue is that it is not the end of world like so many on the other side are claiming.

And while I know it is a big "only", but truly the only bad part of the economy is inflation. Every other metric is as good or better than in the Trump years.

The economy is not doing great when people can barely afford to do more than just pay their every day bills.

There are always people like this, no matter how good the economy is.

In 2019 78% of people reported living paycheck to paycheck.

Forum List

Back