Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

The American Cancer Society's opinion.

Marijuana

Marijuana and cyclic nausea

Marijuana Use May Cause Severe Cyclic Nausea, Vomiting | ScienceBlog.com

Marijuana and cyclic vomiting syndrome

Marijuana and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome

Whatever medicinal effects marijuana has can be processed out to eliminate the harmful side effects.

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute
What are the dangers of marijuana use? As I stated, people with weak hearts may be susceptible to heart complications, but those cases are so rare (2 people out of 7 billion in the last 6k years) that they should not be used as a case against the general public's use.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis is not a terrible medical ailment if it can be relieved by a hot shower. And again, I use weed every single day. I've been high every single time that I post on this forum, and I have never thrown up or had abdominal pain from Cannabis. I've never been around anyone who has thrown up from Cannabis. I've never met anyone who has even heard of such a thing. So how common is it? Why do doctors recommend Cannabis for AIDS and cancer patients to stimulate appetite and reduce vomiting from chemotherapy and other treatments?

Marijuana is not dangerous to the general public. This was proven 75 years ago. PROVEN. "Marihuana" was outlawed in 1937 because of all of the same reasons that the right-wing is spewing now. It's dangerous, it's evil, we just don't know what the true cost to society is, it has to be wiped out to save America for freedom, blah blah fucking blah.

Five years later, "Marihuana" was legalized and the US Federal government encouraged Americans as young as 16 to grow it to defend our democracy and freedom.

It can kill you. The reasons for it to be illegal are many and varied.
It can't kill you. There are no official records of anyone dying from marijuana inhalation/ingestion last year. If you think otherwise, show me some evidence. There were however over fifty thousand people who died from alcohol poisoning last year.

From harmful to children's development to Emphysema and cancer.
Children won't be allowed to use marijuana. It will still be regulated (like alcohol). Alcohol can ALSO be harmful to a child's development. So can smoking. So can ingesting too much caffeine. We - again - don't give these things to kids. Poor example, Thanatos.

It is a poison.

Well, perhaps the worst poison of all time, given that it can't kill you even when smoked/ingested in great quantities.
Your fucking kidding about kids not getting high right???? How old were you when you first smoked pot?

Marijuana

Whatever medicinal effects marijuana has can be processed out to eliminate the harmful side effects.

What are the dangers of marijuana use? As I stated, people with weak hearts may be susceptible to heart complications, but those cases are so rare (2 people out of 7 billion in the last 6k years) that they should not be used as a case against the general public's use.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis is not a terrible medical ailment if it can be relieved by a hot shower. And again, I use weed every single day. I've been high every single time that I post on this forum, and I have never thrown up or had abdominal pain from Cannabis. I've never been around anyone who has thrown up from Cannabis. I've never met anyone who has even heard of such a thing. So how common is it? Why do doctors recommend Cannabis for AIDS and cancer patients to stimulate appetite and reduce vomiting from chemotherapy and other treatments?

Marijuana is not dangerous to the general public. This was proven 75 years ago. PROVEN. "Marihuana" was outlawed in 1937 because of all of the same reasons that the right-wing is spewing now. It's dangerous, it's evil, we just don't know what the true cost to society is, it has to be wiped out to save America for freedom, blah blah fucking blah.

Five years later, "Marihuana" was legalized and the US Federal government encouraged Americans as young as 16 to grow it to defend our democracy and freedom.

You are a crackpot fanatic....

Marijuana

You are a crackpot fanatic....
And today you enjoy the freedom to say that because America legalized "Marihuana" in 1942.

Alcohol is not highly addictive. That's the pot talking through your mouth. Not everyone who has a drink gets drunk. There is no reason to use pot except to get high.

QUESTION:
Miller lite is the equivalent of shitty tasting water that costs 400x more than water. Do you think people drink this for any other reason than to get drunk? Why wouldn't they just drink water?

Unlike alcohol, marijuana can be made into edibles which children do eat and they are poisoned.

It's illegal for minors to ingest anything that contains marijuana in Colorado.

I'm going to ask you the same question I asked Thanatos. If you are in favor of prohibiting alcohol and marijuana - I will respect that and leave you alone. If you are in favor of prohibiting only marijuana I am going to call you a hypocrite. I'm not saying this in a disrespectful manner, just saying it as a matter of fact. To push for the prohibition of one and not the other would make you a hypocrite.

ALCOHOL POISONING KILLS TENS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS EVERY YEAR. ALCOHOL HAS NO MEDICAL USE. WHY DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THIS DRUG LEGAL?

Your fucking kidding about kids not getting high right???? How old were you when you first smoked pot?

Can kids get it today? Do you know of any street dealers who check for f**king IDs?

Do you know of any liquor dealers who check for IDs?

That's my point.

And you never answered my question on alcohol prohibition, given that it kills over 50,000 Americans per year and has no medical use.

Marijuana

Surely you didn't imagine that no one knew you were high when posting here. Doctors do NOT prescribe marijuana. Pot doctors prescribe marijuana. Cancer doctors don't prescribe marijuana.

Can kids get it today? Do you know of any street dealers who check for f**king IDs?

That's my point.

And you never answered my question on alcohol prohibition, given that it kills over 50,000 Americans per year and has no medical use.
Alcohol does have medical use. Sterilization, thinning the blood, etc. Drinking a glass of wine each day is said to help with cardiovascular and pulmonary problems. But alcohol isn't a Schedule 1 narcotic like weed. Alcohol required a Constitutional amendment to outlaw and the government learned that that didn't work at all. Since far fewer people use Cannabis as a drug (hemp growers couldn't care less about drug users because hemp can't be used as a drug), the opposition to outlawing it was not as severe. Plus the colossal unemployment levels during the Great Depression gave the right-wing the perfect excuse to blame America's problems on marihuana-smoking Mexican immigrants (like they ever stopped using that excuse).

The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was finally ruled unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in the 1969 case of Dr. Timothy Leary v United States. In 1970, Nixon signed the Controlled Substances Act which lists Cannabis (including non-narcotic hemp) as a useless drug like LSD and heroin.

By comparison, the Controlled Substances Act lists cocaine as Schedule 2 because it was historically prescribed for certain conditions. Cocaine has "historically accepted medical use" and is therefore Schedule 2. The US Federal government simply doesn't recognize Cannabis' historically accepted medical use and lists it as Schedule 1. Because crack is simply freebase cocaine, crack is also listed as Schedule 2.

So according to the US Federal government's Controlled Substances Act, crack cocaine has more historically accepted medical use than marijuana.

Last edited:

Marijuana

Surely you didn't imagine that no one knew you were high when posting here. Doctors do NOT prescribe marijuana. Pot doctors prescribe marijuana. Cancer doctors don't prescribe marijuana.
Yes, I'm high, and I'm giving you information that would sway any normal person to realize that the government is lying to you when you are told that marijuana is a dangerous narcotic that does not have medical use.
Marijuana As Medicine?: The Science Beyond the Controversy

The US Federal government has overseen a medical marijuana program which began in 1978.
Federal IND Patients | Medical Cannabis

Mr. Irvin Rosenfeld still receives his medical marijuana from the US Federal government.
Man Sets Marijuana Record, Smokes 115,000 Joints Provided by Federal Government - ABC News

So if the US Federal government says that marijuana is not medicine then why does the US Federal government supply medical marijuana to Irvin Rosenfeld?

That's my point.

I don't care if they have alcohol prohibition. I don't drink anyway. Alcoholism causes a whole raft of problems, but ADDING marijuana does not make alcohol problems better. It makes them worse.

I don't care if they have alcohol prohibition. I don't drink anyway.
Then why do you care if they have marijuana prohibition? Can't you say "I don't smoke anyway"? Again, you are MUCH,

Alcoholism causes a whole raft of problems, but ADDING marijuana does not make alcohol problems better. It makes them worse.

But why do you accept that "raft of problems"? Why not just ban alcohol too? Why add to the problem of addiction by keeping alcohol legal, with liquor stores on every street corner, and bars everywhere you look?

Last edited:
And yet seem to believe lies just as absurd.

[MENTION=18909]thanatos144[/MENTION], I'm going to leave it at this:

If you are in favor of prohibiting marijuana AND alcohol - given that alcohol is a highly addictive recreational drug that kills brain cells and is directly responsible for over 50,000 deaths/year - I will leave you alone and respect the fact that you are at least consistent in your views. I can respect that. This is your honest attempt at a drug free, sober society.

But what I can't respect is someone who is for the prohibition of marijuana but at the same time thinks that legal alcohol is completely acceptable.

Where do you stand on this?

Alcohol is not highly addictive. That's the pot talking through your mouth. Not everyone who has a drink gets drunk. There is no reason to use pot except to get high.

Unlike alcohol, marijuana can be made into edibles which children do eat and they are poisoned.

Accidental Pot Ingestion Spikes for Colorado Kids, Study Finds | LiveScience

Student in coma after eating marijuana cake | New York Post

Even adults have been poisoned by marijuana edibles.
Complaints of nausea and dizziness
Seniors who ate pot brownies at funeral hospitalized - The Orange County Register

Alcohol is one the most addictive substances known to man.

Is Alcohol Addictive? | eHow

Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can begin as early as two hours after the last drink, persist for weeks, and range from mild anxiety and shakiness to severe complications, such as seizures and delirium tremens.

Alcohol Withdrawal: Symptoms, Treatments, Duration, and More

Marijuana

Not after 1937 they certainly didn't. Doctors are the Pharmaceuticals pushers, of course they don't want something that everyone can grow in their backyard to be seen as medicine.

It can. And not it doesn't have medical properties.... It gets you high.... It gives you the munchies....That is the extent of any medical properties. It causes chemical unbalance in the brain....Thus why you get high.... Not a good thing if the person already has a unbalance.

Thanatos, if a cancer patient were to say that he/she uses marijuana to relieve pain, reduce nausea, and increase appetite, would you consider them a liar?

Would you tell them, "no, marijuana has no medical properties"?

he would be like that Republican Senator that told that Doctor from the Mayo Clinic back in the 90's when Medical Pot was just starting up.....the Doctor was saying that Terminal Cancer patients find that the Pot lets them eat and stops the Nausea that the usual drugs dont help with.....the Senator said...."are you, a Doctor,advocating giving these people a drug that not only may harm them but kill them?"......the Doctors on the panel looked like they were thinking ...What the Fuck?....its kinda like the crowd of people that Copernicus and Galileo had to deal with....

Not after 1937 they certainly didn't. Doctors are the Pharmaceuticals pushers, of course they don't want something that everyone can grow in their backyard to be seen as medicine.

Bingo, that's what it's about -- the lack of ability for BigPharma to make its usual pound of flesh on the backs of the ill.

That and the convenient race-baiting of 1937, encompassed right there in the word "marihuana".

he would be like that Republican Senator that told that Doctor from the Mayo Clinic back in the 90's when Medical Pot was just starting up.....the Doctor was saying that Terminal Cancer patients find that the Pot lets them eat and stops the Nausea that the usual drugs dont help with.....the Senator said...."are you, a Doctor,advocating giving these people a drug that not only may harm them but kill them?"......the Doctors on the panel looked like they were thinking ...What the Fuck?....its kinda like the crowd of people that Copernicus and Galileo had to deal with....

Lol.

The thing is, just like the stories of Copernicus and Galileo the "facts" are the "facts" and you can never get rid of them.

No matter how many times you say the Earth is the center of the Universe, eventually people are going to have to accept that it isn't (via constantly improving technology that makes it clear to them that the world is round).

5-10 year and it will be legal everywhere. Not sure why I waste my time on these threads.

Then why do you care if they have marijuana prohibition? Can't you say "I don't smoke anyway"? Again, you are MUCH,

Alcoholism causes a whole raft of problems, but ADDING marijuana does not make alcohol problems better. It makes them worse.

But why do you accept that "raft of problems"? Why not just ban alcohol too? Why add to the problem of addiction by keeping alcohol legal, with liquor stores on every street corner, and bars everywhere you look?

its called being a fucking hypocrite.....

its called being a fucking hypocrite.....

Because even though I do not use marijuana, the effects of other people's use of marijuana impacts me. If a drunk brings a bottle of scotch to a party everyone knows its scotch. They can drink it or not. A pothead might bring a plate of cookies and no one knows whether its poisoned or not.

Is the problem of alcoholism helped or hurt by adding thousands of pot addicts to the legions of drunks?

A drunk can always sober up. There is nothing a pothead can do.

Lol.

The thing is, just like the stories of Copernicus and Galileo the "facts" are the "facts" and you can never get rid of them.

No matter how many times you say the Earth is the center of the Universe, eventually people are going to have to accept that it isn't (via constantly improving technology that makes it clear to them that the world is round).

5-10 year and it will be legal everywhere. Not sure why I waste my time on these threads.

No matter how many times you say pot is harmless it still isn't harmless.

Of course it will be legal everywhere, unless out of total collapse some more intelligent, less drug addicted power imposes common sense on us.

Forum List

Back