Questions on the level of ISIS's "suicidal tendencies"

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Our hatred toward the savagery of ISIS actually (and ironically) binds us all regardless of our political leanings.

However, only fools would doubt that this evil bunch of murderers are not also very clever and cunning. That stated, my question then regards the why such an organization would invite the ire of most of the world to bomb and possibly attack on the ground their very existence.

Could it be that they're simply suicidal?
Could it be that others are falsely claiming ISIS's responsibility for the latest brutal attacks?
Could it be that ISIS may invite retaliations in order to seem victimized and draw even more recruits to their cause against the west?

I am honestly "puzzled" as to the "why" would this brutal but rather clever organization would....for the sake of notoriety..... invite devastating retributions upon themselves.

It's because they're religious fanatics who actually believe in the made up fairy tales about a better after life.

It's because they're religious fanatics who actually believe in the made up fairy tales about a better after life.

Just a guess - they're True Believers who know they're both punishing the infidels and getting in line for the 72 virgins.

Two for one deal.

I've thought about this too, and I can't think of anything else.

One open question remains, though: Some of them only send other True Believers to their death and try to protect themselves. Why aren't they excited about the 72 virgins? They know we're coming after them. Maybe those folks are just old fashioned psychopaths.

think that your question is silly Nat !! Who cares WHY they do as they do except to understand that the muslim 'isis' is trying to build or rebuild a 'caliphate' . They had a 'caliphate' for hundreds of years up to the early 1900s and they want it back . And they are willing to fight and die for their goal of the 'caliphate' Nat !!

A better afterlife is not what they want. They want the enjoyment of killing others in this life. Because all of life is meaningless, they can find purpose in sacrificing their own, if it takes out a dozen others.

• Banned
Just a guess - they're True Believers who know they're both punishing the infidels and getting in line for the 72 virgins.

Two for one deal.

One open question remains, though: Some of them only send other True Believers to their death and try to protect themselves. Why aren't they excited about the 72 virgins? They know we're coming after them. Maybe those folks are just old fashioned psychopaths.

You may be on the right track about their psychopathic mindset.

• Banned
think that your question is silly Nat !! Who cares WHY they do as they do except to understand that the muslim 'isis' is trying to build or rebuild a 'caliphate' . They had a 'caliphate' for hundreds of years up to the early 1900s and they want it back . And they are willing to fight and die for their goal of the 'caliphate' Nat !!

You're wrong about "who cares" what their motivation may be......It is always best to better know your enemy.

Two for one deal.

The "leaders", yeah. The kids they send to their death, I'd think many were just brainwashed.

Our hatred toward the savagery of ISIS actually (and ironically) binds us all regardless of our political leanings.

However, only fools would doubt that this evil bunch of murderers are not also very clever and cunning. That stated, my question then regards the why such an organization would invite the ire of most of the world to bomb and possibly attack on the ground their very existence.

Could it be that others are falsely claiming ISIS's responsibility for the latest brutal attacks?
Could it be that ISIS may invite retaliations in order to seem victimized and draw even more recruits to their cause against the west?

I am honestly "puzzled" as to the "why" would this brutal but rather clever organization would....for the sake of notoriety..... invite devastating retributions upon themselves.
ISIS is an idea, buried deep within Islam. To bring into existence a Caliphate and with it a Holy War, that will bring about the end of the world: What ISIS Really Wants

Two for one deal.

The "leaders", yeah. The kids they send to their death, I'd think many were just brainwashed.
maybe , 72 virgins that are willing an ready , that might just do the trick in the brain washing department Mac !!

Two for one deal.

maybe , 72 virgins that are willing an ready , that might just do the trick in the brain washing department Mac !!
No shit!

:laugh:

Well if I was a believer and decided to blow myself up along with those I was targeting I'd do a little Allah negotiating first. Seventy-two is certainly a generous offering, but all virgins? I mean after the first dozen or so, who wouldn't want to sample the services of a professional instead? You know, someone who's been around the block a few times and knows what us jihadi guys really like in the sack.

ISIS is an idea, buried deep within Islam. To bring into existence a Caliphate and with it a Holy War, that will bring about the end of the world: What ISIS Really Wants

Gee, that's comforting.

it's because the fight in Syria isn't going the way it was. They needed something to get the cannon fodder to start coming back, and sensational attacks like the Russian Plane Bombing and the Paris attacks are their idea on how to do it.

IF the attacks were indeed ISIS leadership sanction, then someone has made a presumption that the recruiting benefit they will get from these attacks will outweigh the carnage caused by a Western Military response.

If their presumption was correct remains to be seen. if they were still around, we could ask Yamamoto if his presumptions going into Pearl Harbor were correct, or Bin Laden if his presumptions going into the 9/11 attack were correct, but they are not.

I would fathom that things did not turn out the way they expected.

You had me up until the "end of the world part." Some of the rank and file may think that, but the leaders want a nice shiny Caliphate to rule over. They want power, same thing Bin laden wanted when he thought 9/11 would make the US run away, tail between our legs, and give him free hand to depose the Sauds.

Two for one deal.

That was misconstrued. It is one 72 year old virgin.

Forum List

Back