🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Questions remain about truvada and shunning condom useage

• Reply•Share ›
Pleasure_activist • 4 days ago
Using this medication allows the possibility or normalizing our sex lives again. As one who remembers the pre Aids world...a world where sex was about pleasure not fear, ....I would encourage my brothers to use this drug. Eventually we will have a vaccine or a cure and life might return to the normalcy of the 1970's. Until then, Truvada seems a viable choice.
1 • Reply•Share ›
B. Galbreath Pleasure_activist • 3 days ago
Truvada does not protect against other incurable sexually-transmitted diseases such as Hepatitis, Herpes, and HPV, or dangerous drug-resistant strains of Meningitis and Staphylococcus, so it is not a replacement for condoms.

• Reply•Share ›
Jim Pleasure_activist • 4 days ago
Any time some uses words like "normalizing our sex lives", I don't feel like I'm reading a real person's words. I'm reading those of a PR flack of one form or another.

I know a few people on Truvada, and none are using it in conjunction as a backup with condoms as the pro-Truvada side says they want to happen. One is using it as a condom replacement with a specific poz partner (and not abandoning condoms with others). Another is using it for broad barebacking, although only with guys who claim to be neg or poz undetectable (I doubt he asks for actual test results) -- pretty much exactly the fear anti-Truvada folks have.

So I don't think those with Truvada fears are unfounded in the least. It is seen by some as a license for unprotected sex, and I doubt it is truly seen by any as an added layer of protection to go along with condoms.

Forum List

Back