Questions you wont hear ABC's moderators ask Kamala tomorrow night

There are no fewer than 8-10 different big grocery stores(several of each) where I live.
8 to 10?
Like who?

There are 3 where I live, Walmart, Winn-Dixie and Publix.
If one is too high, I go to the other, if they are all too high then either a) they are colluding which is already illegal or b) they are charging the least they can charge while still operating their business.

If you believe Home Depot and Lowe’s are monopolies(they aren’t), then attempt to break them up under that premise.
They are in my town, we used to have about a dozen hardware stores, now there are none.
Price fixing is not the answer.
It is for corporations.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
8 to 10?
Like who?

I don't even live in a large city and all of these are available to me.

Kroger
Publix
Lowes Foods
Sprouts
Food Lion
Whole Foods
Walmart
Harris Teeter
One large chain that I don't want to name as to narrow down my location.
One nice store that is local to my area but has everything. Just pricier.

That is 10 by my count and I may be missing some. Certainly there are some smaller ones, but these are the major players.

They are in my town, we used to have about a dozen hardware stores, now there are none.

We have Lowes, Home Depot many Ace Hardware stores, a few mom and pops ones and several lumber yards and several other suppliers for everything Lowes and Home Depot sells.(plumbing, light fixtures, electrical, etc.)

It is for corporations.

Nope, it is not.

Oh look.
ABC admits selective fact checking.

You seem to be.

WTF?
You give hypothetical BS.
NO ONE is going to FORCE a private company to provide products or services at a loss.
USPS is an exception........Semi-private.

WTF?
YOU are.
price controls mean that the seller MUST sell his products at the prices dictated by the government-----------and yes they may be at a loss. Then what happens? any idea? Sellers refuse to do business at a loss and there are no products for consumers to buy. i.e. empty shelves. Russia has price controls, have you ever been in a Russian grocery store? Empty shelves, nothing to buy.

price controls mean that the seller MUST sell his products at the prices dictated by the government
Price caps don't.
-----------and yes they may be at a loss. Then what happens? any idea? Sellers refuse to do business at a loss and there are no products for consumers to buy. i.e. empty shelves. Russia has price controls, have you ever been in a Russian grocery store?
No, but Tucker did.
Empty shelves, nothing to buy.
Really?

that was a set up.
Sure.................
Carlson raved about them.
I have been to grocery stores in St Petersburg Russia, empty shelves and no choices on the few items available. Do you understand that the Russians are very good at propaganda? almost as good as the US media.
1726577959413.png

Forum List

Back