QUICK- Anyone from Philadelphia?

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
I'm doing a class this afternoon on US govt/history and am trying a virtual tour of Philadelphia--Independence Hall, where the delegates might have stayed, what they ate, pics (and sound) of the Liberty Bell.... I don't know much--never been there.
Anything interesting anyone know about 1787 Philly that they want to share in the next hour?

I'm doing a class this afternoon on US govt/history and am trying a virtual tour of Philadelphia--Independence Hall, where the delegates might have stayed, what they ate, pics (and sound) of the Liberty Bell.... I don't know much--never been there.
Anything interesting anyone know about 1787 Philly that they want to share in the next hour?
Could always give a history lesson on what happens when you allow liberals to be in charge.

The morning after: Shattered windows, burned clothes, businesses destroyed
As the sun rose above Philadelphia on Sunday, the cool morning air was thick with smoke, and the streets were covered with shattered glass and burned clothes. Helicopters hovered overhead and stores’ security alarms blared, but an eerie silence overcame residents as they wandered through the streets, shocked by the path of destruction.
After Saturday’s peaceful protests in Center City of the police killing of a black man in Minneapolis a week ago turned violent, people started fires and looted stores. The shopping district west of City Hall extending to the Rittenhouse Square area became the epicenter of the torment. Big-name stores like Urban Outfitters, Loft, Foot Locker, and H&M were decimated, now a shell of glass, ripped clothes, and spray paint.
Back in the day, we went to war with the King of England because he was taxing the citizens about 3% of their worth. Today we have a ruthless Congress going full on retard taxing people over 50% of their income. Then when they get angry, instead of going after the leaders, they burn down their own cities...

I think this may be the only person to ever admit he was from there.

1593717663266.png

I think this may be the only person to ever admit he was from there.

View attachment 358261
I went to Philly back around 16 years ago and stayed in the lighter side of the city. We went and saw the statue of Rocky(who beat the shit out of a blackman) and the Liberty Bell. Back then you had to worry about flash mobs..This market is so cool.

I forgot about Rocky! Not exactly our time frame, but I'll mention him!

Independence Hall, the Mint, Constitution Center, Franklin Institute, Betsy Ross's house, there's a brewery there with recipes from the 1700's, the Masonic Lodge, old Episcopal Church, Penn's Landing, New Sweden (doesn't seem to be a transfer treaty of New Sweden from Sweden to the Netherlands), Coaquannock. Library. British capture of Philadelphia. The President's House in Philadelphia. Congress Hall: Congress Hall - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Independence Hall, the Mint, Constitution Center, Franklin Institute, Betsy Ross's house, there's a brewery there with recipes from the 1700's, the Masonic Lodge, old Episcopal Church, Penn's Landing, New Sweden (doesn't seem to be a transfer treaty of New Sweden from Sweden to the Netherlands), Coaquannock. Library. British capture of Philadelphia. The President's House in Philadelphia. Congress Hall: Congress Hall - Wikipedia
Wow! Thank you!

Betsy Ross house (239 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106),
At least a half-dozen sites in the historic district of Philadelphia claim to be the one where, in 1752, Benjamin Franklin flew a kite in a lightning storm to prove his theory of electricity. But for some reason only one -- which is not among the top candidates according to historians -- had the wisdom to put up a plaque proclaiming it to be the spot. The plaque is bolted to the outside wall of St. Stephen's Church, which was built on the spot some 50 years later.
Maybe find info on the River ports as well, that would be important back then.

Last edited:
Wow! Thank you!
He liked the little tour, I told him the history of the Liberty bell and played the ringing for him. It called the people of Philadelphia to Independence Hall to hear the very first reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 8, 1776. Of course, I rammed a little of the Declaration down his throat too--good for kids, like Castor Oil.

I'm going to look up Betsy Ross's house.

Yeah as mentioned Penns landing and Masonic lodge reminds me that the Penn family might have been well involved establishing-building-participating while being masonic members.
I knew and dated a Penn ancestor and later in life my 33rd degree uncle who met her at a lodge wanted to introduce me to Her, small world that it is. I can only speculate, but she would not be the lodge type otherwise, so it must be a family line involvement thing, being as important as they were in their day.

Forum List

Back