R.I.P. Christopher Lee.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
One of the all time greats of the silver screen has shuffled off this mortal coil.

A truly amazing man.

One of the all time greats of the silver screen has shuffled off this mortal coil.

A truly amazing man.
Just heard this....sad. I used to love those old Hammer movies...Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, etc.

Trivia: He was the only one of all the main characters in Lord of the Rings who had actually read the books...and had met JRR Tolkien.

dooku-death-o.gif

Bye Dooku

Never liked the Hammer films but some of his later work was outstanding

A truly amazing man.
Enjoyed his work for many years.

on a side note, Ron Moody aka Fagin in Oliver, has also passed.

Trivia: He was the only one of all the main characters in Lord of the Rings who had actually read the books...and had met JRR Tolkien.

He was something of an expert on the LOTR. He read it once a year for decades.

My favorite story about Sir Lee was one told by Peter Jackson. Lee was in intelligence and special forces during WWII.

From Peter Jackson’s DVD commentary: “When I was shooting the stabbing shot with Christopher, as a director would, I was explaining to him what he should do… And he says, ‘Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?’ And I said, 'Um, no.’ And he says 'Well, I have, and I know what to do.’”

A truly amazing man.
Just heard this....sad. I used to love those old Hammer movies...Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, etc.

Yep. Me to. Cushing and Lee were great friends and they all used to have a blast making those Hammer films.

RIP The world of films will certainly miss you.

A truly amazing man.
Was he the "Count Yorga, Vampire" guy?

No, that was Robert Quarry.

Lee did play Dracula several times, tho.
Best known Dracula since Legosi
Maybe one of the movie channels will dedicate a marathon to his movies.

You can almost expect one on TCM within say, 2 weeks.

Forum List

Back