R.I.P. Christopher Lee.

He was truly one of the more brilliant actors of his generation.

naw , thing is that I've never paid attention to actors , artists and other stuff that I consider to be FLUFF , entertainment or the killing of time . James Bond as example , I only know one scene where some old cowboy character rides a atom bomb to its target while he slaps the bomb with his cowboy hat as he goes ' yeehaw ' . Course , I do know whats going on in the USA , the world . Also pretty knowledgeable concerning motorcycles and other interesting hardware Steve .

And more
Prior to acting...
"During World War II, Lee served in the Royal Air Force and Special Forces and spent one year in a hellacious winter campaign in Finland. He was said to be a spy but never wanted to talk about it, honoring an oath of secrecy."

naw , thing is that I've never paid attention to actors , artists and other stuff that I consider to be FLUFF , entertainment or killing time . James Bond as example , I only know one scene where some old cowboy character rides a atom bomb to its target while he slaps the bomb with his cowboy hat as he goes ' yeehaw ' . Course , I do know whats going on in the USA , the world . Also pretty knowledgeable concerning motorcycles and other interesting hardware Steve .

Slim Pickens, Dr Strangelove.

Odd, but interesting, movie

naw , thing is that I've never paid attention to actors , artists and other stuff that I consider to be FLUFF , entertainment or the killing of time . James Bond as example , I only know one scene where some old cowboy character rides a atom bomb to its target while he slaps the bomb with his cowboy hat as he goes ' yeehaw ' . Course , I do know whats going on in the USA , the world . Also pretty knowledgeable concerning motorcycles and other interesting hardware Steve .

Dr. Strangelove - not James Bond.

And more
Prior to acting...
"During World War II, Lee served in the Royal Air Force and Special Forces and spent one year in a hellacious winter campaign in Finland. He was said to be a spy but never wanted to talk about it, honoring an oath of secrecy."

On and off the screen the man was a legend. He played some of my favorite villains of all time.

naw , thing is that I've never paid attention to actors , artists and other stuff that I consider to be FLUFF , entertainment or killing time . James Bond as example , I only know one scene where some old cowboy character rides a atom bomb to its target while he slaps the bomb with his cowboy hat as he goes ' yeehaw ' . Course , I do know whats going on in the USA , the world . Also pretty knowledgeable concerning motorcycles and other interesting hardware Steve .

didn't watch the movie except for when that scene happened . I do watch movies on occasion but I remember the movie rather than the actors . I remember , Shogun , Jeremiah Johnson , Lonesome Dove , Full Metal Jacket and others but not because of the actors that are in them .

Slim Pickens and Lee (playing a Nazi working with the Japs) did share screentime together in the movie '1941'.

His vampire movies were very helpful in getting a first-date balcony girl to cover her face in terror and bury her head on my shoulder. Tongue wrestling and the first feel ups soon followed.....Thanks Mr. Lee. :lol:

Damn, that sucks.

He had a musical career, too. He released this album on his 90th birthday, which made him the oldest heavy metal musician in history.

This is really bumming me out. I guess in some way I did kind of expect him to be immortal.

For those interested, TCM will have a tribute to Mr Lee on June 22, starting at 6:15.

No idea which movies will be shown at this time.

Forum List

Back