R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett. Thanks for years of music.

I love the following duets that Jimmy Buffett did in country music.

"Margaritaville" with Alan Jackson
"Hey Good Lookin'" with George Strait, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Kenny Chesney, and Toby Keith
"Trip Around The Sun" with Martina McBride (I play this every year on my birthday.)

God bless you and his family and his musical circle members always!!!

Holly

P.S. Other than "Margaritaville", "Come Monday" was the only other song from him that I was familiar with.

"Hey Good Lookin'" with George Strait, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Kenny Chesney, and Toby Keith
"Trip Around The Sun" with Martina McBride (I play this every year on my birthday.)

Holly

P.S. Other than "Margaritaville", "Come Monday" was the only other song from him that I was familiar with.
Ah... if you like those, you should introduce yourself to his other songs.
A - LOT - of good stuff there.
Sometimes you just want easy listening music to relax to, and Buffet was the undisputed king of that.

No, im super happy about this news. There are people with awful taste in music who tortured us with his god awful music. This is payback for all those years of ruining everyones fun at the bar.

Anyone who sings about cheeseburgers unironically deserves to get punched right in the face.
dr-cox-giggling.gif

I like mine with lettuce and tomata, Heinz 57 and french-fried potatas, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer,
Well Good God Almighty which way do I steer?!
For a
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Heaven on Earth with an onion slice
Not too particular not too precise, it's just a, Cheeseburger in Paradise! :p

Jimmy Buffett died 9/1/2023. Few musicians/songwriters have effected my life like Buffett did. I saw him 4 times. I was hoping for a 5th.

Oh fuck me. Time to get drunk.

Jimmy Buffett died 9/1/2023. Few musicians/songwriters have effected my life like Buffett did. I saw him 4 times. I was hoping for a 5th.

My heart is broken....at least I got to see him twice in concert. Have a cheeseburger in Paradise, Jimmy.

Holly

Me too!

Ah... if you like those, you should introduce yourself to his other songs.
A - LOT - of good stuff there.
Sometimes you just want easy listening music to relax to, and Buffet was the undisputed king of that.
Pencil thin Moustache is good.

Dang. Sucks reading about this.

Thing about Jimmy wasn't so much his songs, but the vibe and atmosphere. The environment. And that's what made it fun. It drew in a certain kind of people/normalcy that always made for a good night. Hard to explain...

Margaritaville was a decent song that was smooth. But it's still weak and safe rock for people who also love steely Dan.

But his fame mostly came from his concerts for people who go to sing easily remembered songs, wear grass skirts and get shithouse drunk.

The only good thing to come out of jimmy buffet besides margaritaville was the comedy broken lizards club dread where bill Paxton played a parody of jimmy buffet called coconut Pete. If it werent for jimmy I wouldn't have got to see bill Paxton play that part.

I think there were a few more, but maybe they didn't chart as well.

Margaritaville was his biggest hit. But there were so many great songs.

Pirate Looks at 40
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Come Monday
Pencil Thin Mustache
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Volcano
The Captain and the Kid

Never heard any of those on the radio though. They were just hits with his fanbase but not the mainstream.

This exists for a reason.

Holy f!!!! Seen him many times! This is first time I heard of it. Never met him personally but have some common acquaintances. I know some sad people today. I will make some phone calls of condolences when I figure out what to say about it. I never know what to say about a lost one.

Forum List

Back