R.I.P. Martin Richard

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
This is the 8-year-old boy who was killed during the Boston Marathon bomb blast as he waited for his father to finish. It's definitely heart breaking.

article-2309545-1952BA58000005DC-676_472x602.jpg

Boston Marathon bombings death toll: Martin Richard, 8, named as 1 of 3 victims, 144 are injured | Mail Online

This is just awful.

His Dad had just had one of the greatest moments of his life, hugging his son after finishing the Boston marathon, only to see him go to his mother while he cooled off and had the bomb explode, Killing Martin, taking off his daughter's leg, and possibly fatally wounding his wife.

This is just awful.

His Dad had just had one of the greatest moments of his life, hugging his son after finishing the Boston marathon, only to see him go to his mother while he cooled off and had the bomb explode, Killing Martin, taking off his daughter's leg, and possibly fatally wounding his wife.

I can't even begin to imagine the sadness.

This is just awful.

I can't even begin to imagine the sadness.

What will help the family, is focusing on the love they will always have in their hearts for their son, that surpasses death and all understanding. Praying and thinking on this level is what got the widow of Todd Beamer through days after 9/11 that would have crushed anyone else in a media and political nightmare on top of the personal grief.

And for his classmates: focusing on the peace the kids are asking for the world they are inheriting, and letting them know their wishes, thoughts and prayers are being heard.

I'd like to support those kids in any kind of peace campaign they'd like to promote for Patriot Day. If it comes from the kids, it should not be politicized the way adults mess things up! ;-)
Just pure and from the heart. If we can connect and do that for the kids, at least they will know they made a difference.

Attachments

• $Martin Richards PEACE.jpg
    $Martin Richards PEACE.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 117
It's unimaginable what this family must be going through right now.

I'm sickened by this.
Looking at the picture of this lad, holding a banner with the caption "no more hurting people" has me close to tears.

Yes, I have been like that all day yesterday, and today when I read any news online.
If we can be humble like these little kids, one day there won't be war.
Remember this feeling, and how all adults are kids that got suppressed and long to feel safe again. How can we make the world safe like a school playground where we can learn our lessons together in peace? Where can the bullies get help for their problems without having to attack others to cry out for attention? We all have these problems, how can we solve them together and make the world a better place like all our children deserve to inherit.

In a day and age in which martyrs are made-up; there is no more pure martyr than Martin Richard. We shall need to remember his spirit for all its worth!

Martin and his family certainly pull at the heartstrings and have become the symbol of the horror of that terrible day. The others who were killed, maimed, and terribly injured also had families who love them, mourn them, are afraid for them, will help with rehabilitation, and will also have to somehow find a way to rebuild their lives.

And the rest of us gravitate between grief and horror and anger that anyone could do this to other human beings. And struggle with the most constructive way to deal with it.

Forum List

Back