R-We'rs "mocking" wall around Philly's DNC convention?

Hypocrisy is not unusual regarding right wingers, but sometimes the hypocrisy reaches ridiculousness.

There are several threads mocking a chain link fence built around the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia for today's DNC convention........As usual, right wingers are treating this as some type of "sin"........Now, we know that right wingers; intellect is short sighted, but add that their memory of last week's RNC convention in Cleveland is the equivalent of a bratty 2 year old.

$50 million: Dollars of funds awarded by a federal security grant to the city of Cleveland for the convention, including $30 million for personnel and $20 million for equipment.

By the Numbers: Cleveland Ramps Up Security for Republican Convention
maxresdefault.jpg

Hypocrisy is not unusual regarding right wingers, but sometimes the hypocrisy reaches ridiculousness.

There are several threads mocking a chain link fence built around the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia for today's DNC convention........As usual, right wingers are treating this as some type of "sin"........Now, we know that right wingers; intellect is short sighted, but add that their memory of last week's RNC convention in Cleveland is the equivalent of a bratty 2 year old.

$50 million: Dollars of funds awarded by a federal security grant to the city of Cleveland for the convention, including $30 million for personnel and $20 million for equipment.

By the Numbers: Cleveland Ramps Up Security for Republican Convention

The Repubs know that tall fences are effective when it comes to safety. The Dems are the ones who mock the idea of building a border fence. They claimed it was a waste of money. Now they are building a tall fence around their convention center because they want to be safe. Did the hypocrisy go over your head?

So you think so little of our countries ability that you think we cant do a better job than the Chinese did over 2000 years ago?
I think more of the country than Trump does. I think it's great right now and Trump will just drag it down with money wasting boondoggles like a Mexico wall. Putin is probably giggling back in the Kremlin and sending "you go, Don" tweets to Trump, who's just lapping them up.
You morons keep leaving out the fact that illegals cost us billions along with all the aid we give mexico,and of course all the money sent back to mexico that isnt being spent here which would help business and our tax base.
A wall doesn't do anything about that. You can stop aid to Mexico withoui a wall and a wall doesn't stop illegals already here from sending money home.

Apparently the point was lost on you. The dims criticize a border wall yet built a giant one for themselves. Trying to make that an example of hypocricy of the right is seriously dense.
Hardly the same thing. What's happening in Philly is common sense and no different than what happens at any large event, like the RNC. What the Republicans are talking about is an unworkable, expensive boondoggle.

The Chinese managed it over 2000 years ago.

You mean this wall?

Perhaps the most recognizable symbol of China and its long and vivid history, the Great Wall of China actually consists of numerous walls and fortifications, many running parallel to each other. Originally conceived by Emperor Qin Shi Huang (c. 259-210 B.C.) in the third century B.C. as a means of preventing incursions from barbarian nomads into the Chinese Empire, the wall is one of the most extensive construction projects ever completed. The best-known and best-preserved section of the Great Wall was built in the 14th through 17th centuries A.D., during the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). Though the Great Wall never effectively prevented invaders from entering China, it came to function more as a psychological barrier between Chinese civilization and the world, and remains a powerful symbol of the country’s enduring strength.

If you want to start building one, go for it, but don't expect much.

So you think we'd just build some half ass stone wall and let it go at that?
You seem to think we havent advanced in the last 2200 years.
And as has been said dozens of times on this board,it doesnt even have to be a physical wall,we just need to patrol it better and add some tech to our border as well as enforcing our laws that already exist.
And if we'd stop giving them free shit and fine businesses that hire them we wouldnt even need a fucken wall.
You liberals focus only on the wall,without mentioning all the other things we could do to improve the situation...why is that?

So you think so little of our countries ability that you think we cant do a better job than the Chinese did over 2000 years ago?
I think more of the country than Trump does. I think it's great right now and Trump will just drag it down with money wasting boondoggles like a Mexico wall. Putin is probably giggling back in the Kremlin and sending "you go, Don" tweets to Trump, who's just lapping them up.
You morons keep leaving out the fact that illegals cost us billions along with all the aid we give mexico,and of course all the money sent back to mexico that isnt being spent here which would help business and our tax base.
A wall doesn't do anything about that. You can stop aid to Mexico withoui a wall and a wall doesn't stop illegals already here from sending money home.

And you still dont mention the other things we could do...
Stop focusing on the wall and start demanding we stop paying for the fuckers when they get here and fine the shit out of businesses that hire them.

Do you enjoy coming here and looking stupid all the time? Are you a masochist? They are mocking the wall, dumbass,

Speaking of dumb asses.....

Was a fence built around the convention center in last week RNC convention? Yes or No?
Was THAT fence built to keep Mexicans out, or was it built for security reasons?
Is the fence been built around the DNC convention being built to keep armed right wingers out? Yes or No?

Finally, do you morons know the difference between a fence and a "beautiful [border] wall? Yes or No?".

Well, let's not forget that part of the expenses for building that Trump's "beautiful wall" would go toward purchasing giant "T"s to be placed on the wall every 20 feet or so like all those Trump edifices ......
I mean, if we need a monument to Trump's ego, why the fuck not?

Apparently the point was lost on you. The dims criticize a border wall yet built a giant one for themselves. Trying to make that an example of hypocricy of the right is seriously dense.
Hardly the same thing. What's happening in Philly is common sense and no different than what happens at any large event, like the RNC. What the Republicans are talking about is an unworkable, expensive boondoggle.

You mean this wall?

Perhaps the most recognizable symbol of China and its long and vivid history, the Great Wall of China actually consists of numerous walls and fortifications, many running parallel to each other. Originally conceived by Emperor Qin Shi Huang (c. 259-210 B.C.) in the third century B.C. as a means of preventing incursions from barbarian nomads into the Chinese Empire, the wall is one of the most extensive construction projects ever completed. The best-known and best-preserved section of the Great Wall was built in the 14th through 17th centuries A.D., during the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). Though the Great Wall never effectively prevented invaders from entering China, it came to function more as a psychological barrier between Chinese civilization and the world, and remains a powerful symbol of the country’s enduring strength.

And as has been said dozens of times on this board,it doesnt even have to be a physical wall,we just need to patrol it better and add some tech to our border as well as enforcing our laws that already exist.
And if we'd stop giving them free shit and fine businesses that hire them we wouldnt even need a fucken wall.
You liberals focus only on the wall,without mentioning all the other things we could do to improve the situation...why is that?
I think it's a great idea to do that other stuff, and like I said, I don't care if you build a wall or not. I just think the OTHER stuff you mentioned will work even better. I'm all for fining businesses that hire them and enforcing our laws. Makes great sense. SOME people are focused on the physical wall, and that is what some liberals are reacting to.

SOME people are focused on the physical wall, and that is what some liberals are reacting to.

Some day in the future....were the wall to be built.....................some Latino president would give a speech a-la Reagan shouting, "U.S. tear down this wall", to the cheers of millions.

The Repubs know that tall fences are effective when it comes to safety. The Dems are the ones who mock the idea of building a border fence. They claimed it was a waste of money. Now they are building a tall fence around their convention center because they want to be safe. Did the hypocrisy go over your head?

Someday.......when the other half of your brain starts developing......you too would understand the difference between a temporary chain-link fence to keep out potential protesters, AND a fucking 2000 mile, 10 foot high permanent, concrete wall.

Well, maybe, if your other half brain develops.

You mean this wall?

I think it's a great idea to do that other stuff, and like I said, I don't care if you build a wall or not. I just think the OTHER stuff you mentioned will work even better. I'm all for fining businesses that hire them and enforcing our laws. Makes great sense. SOME people are focused on the physical wall, and that is what some liberals are reacting to.

If that were the case why dont liberals say that?
I mean if they really wanted to display the stupidity of the wall they would say to hell with that lets just stop giving them free shit and jobs.
They dont because they know it would work so they focus on the wall.
It's really pretty simple.

Forum List

Back